Where are the setlist moaners now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I give U2 credit for shaking things up by their standards. Now, it's time they play some really GREAT songs that ROCK and drop some of these dull, slow songs. For instance, let's hear one of these for a change:

Dirty Day
Mofo
Last Night On Earth
Exit
In God's Country
God Part II
Hawkmoon 269
Unforgettable Fire
Ultra Violet
Two Hearts Beat As One
Angel of Harlem
I Threw A Brick Threw A Window
11 O Clock Tick Tock
One Tree Hill
Wire

Or, if they MUST play a slow song, how about:

Love Is Blindness
Mothers of the Disappeared
Stay

Just some random thoughts....er....complaining.

what is wrong people? 4 new songs in a week...2 of them suck...dont you think acrobat or like a song would shut up the naysayers...im still not that impressed but who knows..maybe things will only get better from here

Like someone to blame said:
I give U2 credit for shaking things up by their standards. Now, it's time they play some really GREAT songs that ROCK and drop some of these dull, slow songs. For instance, let's hear one of these for a change:

Dirty Day
Mofo
Last Night On Earth
Exit
In God's Country
God Part II
Hawkmoon 269
Unforgettable Fire
Ultra Violet
Two Hearts Beat As One
Angel of Harlem
I Threw A Brick Threw A Window
11 O Clock Tick Tock
One Tree Hill
Wire

Or, if they MUST play a slow song, how about:

Love Is Blindness
Mothers of the Disappeared
Stay

Just some random thoughts....er....complaining.

Exit
God Part II
Ultra Violet

:drool:

Add to that Electrical Storm and I would :combust:

I'm not complaining about anything since I haven't seen a show yet this tour. I'm :hyper: November is getting close! I do hope they keep Discoteque and bring back Zoo Station. WGRYWH would be very cool, as would An Cat Dubh/ITH. And while I think I may be in the minority on this one...I wouldn't mind Drowning Man.

My friend would die if they played Love is Blindness on 11/5!

bray said:
what is wrong people? 4 new songs in a week...2 of them suck...dont you think acrobat or like a song would shut up the naysayers...im still not that impressed but who knows..maybe things will only get better from here

Have they ever played Acrobat live? I don't think so, but isn't it strange that a great song like it hasn't been played live? I'd bet that it either sounds horrible live, or they won't play it for personal reasons.

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:
Many people havce suggested that the reason they haven't played Acrobat is for technical reasons (i.e. it may be very hard to pull off live).

nonsense.

it's a tune in 3/4 in A minor.

do it.

my main complaint still remains--the rare appearances of Bad have been IMO the most jaw dropping aspect of the tour so far. I saw LA 1&2 and will see the LA 2nd leg shows, and I really hope they play it at least one night...really looking forward to the shows though..

ultraviolet353 said:
my main complaint still remains--the rare appearances of Bad have been IMO the most jaw dropping aspect of the tour so far. I saw LA 1&2 and will see the LA 2nd leg shows, and I really hope they play it at least one night...really looking forward to the shows though..

Why would that be? Bad was only played a handful of times on the Popmart tour. So its obvious the band doesnt feel it needs to be a staple every tour. It wasnt played at all Elevation shows either. In fact, Bad has not been a for sure staple for each show since the Joshua Tree tour. I think the fact that it is sporadic on this tour makes it more fresh when they do play it now. Versus when it is a staple and they sort of just go through it as part of the standard setlist. :shrug:

Last edited:
Miricale_Drug said:
Where are the setlist moaners now?

They kind of went away because U2 changed their setlists a lot after playing the same greatest hits setlist over and over again...use a bit of common sense.

Here's setlist moan. As soon as they play Miracle Drug it's pretty obvious what the rest of the set will be.

I'll moan that the first encore has been the same for 3 nights, and Discotheque has gone AWOL.

Muad'zin said:
You want moaning? Here's some moaning! :wink:
They must really hate Europe. They play in America, do a fair amount of variation. Then come to Europe and we get the setlist from hell written in stone, night after night after night after night. Then they go back to America and suddenly they remember that something called variation exists again. They should emigrate to their beloved America!

Not to mention the fact that we get arenas and you guys got stadiums.

gareth brown said:

They kind of went away because U2 changed their setlists a lot after playing the same greatest hits setlist over and over again...use a bit of common sense.

:hmm:

An cat dubh/Into the heart, Electric co, The ocean, Gloria, 40, Running to stand still, Zoo station, Who's gonna ride your wild horses, Miss Sarajevo.

yeah yeah...!

I forgot to mention they'd ressurected a few, but still...you'd think they'd play a few more 'forgotten' tracks...we all started creaming over the above tracks when they brought them back, but then they just kept THOSE in constant rotation ON TOP OF the good old setlist we've come to know and love around a decade ago...!

gareth brown said:

I think they're lurking in the setlist party moat. :wink:

an interesting note.....

I saw a photo of the setlist for Tuesday and the intended encore was

First time
Stuck
WOWY
All because of you
Original
Bad

I think that they just went to 40 after ABOY because of the stupid 11pm curfew that Boston has.

Back
Top Bottom