What was the Manchester 1 setlist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Muad'zin said:
Cause I have no desire to search through countless pages of inane babble in the setlist party threads. ;)

Vertigo
I will follow
electric co
elevation
new years day
beautiful day
city of blinding lights
miracle drug
sometimes you cant make it
love or peace or else
sunday bloody sunday
bullet the blue sky
running to stand still
pride
where the streets have no name
one

encore
zoo station
the fly
mysterious ways
with or without you

encore two
all because of you
yahweh
vertigo

Hmm, after 3 shows it would be safe to assume that Vertigo opening and Vertigo closing has become the norm. Maybe something else for 2nd nights. I do hope that WOWY is now back to stay though.

yup...good to see it, the beginning of the show is amazing.

great setlist. would like to see COBL open an encore, and by then it will be pitch dark.

Bring back Bad and get rid of Bullet.

I love the visuals for the opening to Zoo Station, it was cool seeing the fly character come back even if it was just for the one song.

I was a bit sceptical of Vertigo opening and closing, but after seeing it and the visuals that come with it I was won over.

SYCMIOYO was a thing of grace, the B-man hit every note all night, great show.

I'm so glad he can sing again...a shame the fly is totaly fucked by his current voice but I'm glad to play it anyway.

the set list last night was brilliant i though. think i can see why they play vertigo twice now - it's gotta be the opening song (because it's called the vertigo tour :D ) but the 2nd performance was a whole lot better, crowd and band a lot more up for it.
nice to see the crowd pleasers coming back - New Year's Day, I Will Follow, Pride etc.

i was hoping for performance of either Hold Me Thrill Me or Electrical Storm but i'm not complainin!! :D

Kopite said:
the set list last night was brilliant i though. think i can see why they play vertigo twice now - it's gotta be the opening song (because it's called the vertigo tour :D ) but the 2nd performance was a whole lot better, crowd and band a lot more up for it.
nice to see the crowd pleasers coming back - New Year's Day, I Will Follow, Pride etc.

i was hoping for performance of either Hold Me Thrill Me or Electrical Storm but i'm not complainin!! :D

Glad you had a great time! It's funny to see that people come with different expectations and favourite songs to concerts.
67.3% of the interference people can not hear pride anymore(myself included) but there are also lot's of people(especially in the crowd) that want those songs. When you say a brilliant set I think brilliant? Come on, mediocre at best, but that's my perspective and not yours and vice versa (..)...Like I said earlier. Vertigo is perfect as a very late song in the set. and they can still call it the vertigo tour even if it isn't the opener:wink: ..two times is just too much.

zwervers2 said:

Glad you had a great time! It's funny to see that people come with different expectations and favourite songs to concerts.
67.3% of the interference people can not hear pride anymore(myself included) but there are also lot's of people(especially in the crowd) that want those songs. When you say a brilliant set I think brilliant? Come on, mediocre at best, but that's my perspective and not yours and vice versa (..)...Like I said earlier. Vertigo is perfect as a very late song in the set. and they can still call it the vertigo tour even if it isn't the opener:wink: ..two times is just too much.

certainly did have a great time. i used the word brilliant because i was expectin it to be a lot duller (after readin the previous set lists on here) but we were pleasantly surprised. remembered readin someone thought that the streets have no name had lost it's energy so i didn't go expecting too much last night. Pride is a good song, i can understand why people can't listen to it BUT as a guitarist, i loved watchin the edge hammer that guitar line :D

as a first time poster here,but a long time fan,having seen them numerous times over the years,and seeing setlists,setlist reactions,and listening to the whole american leg of the tour,i have to say i went with a slight dread that they were gonna leave me distinctly underwhelmed.
the set seemed uninspiring,and i wondered how i'd feel coming away from the gig.

I'm a 35 year old man,with a son who'll be 1 next saturday,and who was in the nou camp 6 years ago to have the best day of my life(sorry pop pickers,it was football related)and last night was AS good as any day i've ever had in my life.

i COULD NOT STOP SMILING all night,and all the way home(but i only live 2 miles from the Boo Camp anyway)and listening to american gigs from this tour at work today has left me cheshire cat-like all day again.

i was with 3 friends and we never ventured further forward than halfway down the pitch,and stood in a coupla different places,but the whole atmosphere wherever we were was euphoric,almost all the people were geting their own particular brand of groove on,and i'd include meself in that,and i've NEVER danced at ANY gig i've ever been too(jumped up and down a lot,but danced??nope)

i actually think that my trepidation(obviously misplaced)made for the gig being all the better,and i now know that the people who complained about the set and the lack of changingness,probably hadn't been yet,cos most were followed by people sayin "wait til you see it"

i had my doubts,but foo-kin ell,were they blown away.

and i've got 2 staff passes with total access tonight too!!woo and indeed,hoo!!!!

Back
Top Bottom