What time is the dress rehearsal show tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish I knew! It seems we don't even know the venue ...

They will play in The Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena.

arenatitle.JPG

Last edited:
Actually, it seems the latest rumour is that they will play in a theatre. So I'm confused.

Dalton said:
Rumor has it the will begin sometime after 8 pm Pacific Standard time.

Damn, that means it'll be like 2 or 3AM here in the Eastern U.S. before U2tours.com shows the setlist.

namkcuR said:

Damn, that means it'll be like 2 or 3AM here in the Eastern U.S. before U2tours.com shows the setlist.

u2-vertigo-tour.com may have it first. :wink:

U2Spain said:
According to U2-vertigo-tour.com the place is " Sports Arena, Los Angeles - California".

It's strange that they rehearsal an arena's tour in a football stadium.

:lol: That pic you posted is of the LA Coliseum, not the arena.

What are the chances this is less a "dress-rehearsel" and more a gig like an Irving Plaza/Brooklyn Bridge? If tonight's show turns out to be at the arena where the staging is, then this post is moot.

But if it's in a club, I bet U2 won't tip their hands to either a) the Vertigo Tour setlist or b) its visual effects. It could just be an hour-long chance to build some buzz and practice some of the songs they haven't mastered live yet.

Meaning, Monday will still be full of surprises.

jon_lemire said:
What are the chances this is less a "dress-rehearsel" and more a gig like an Irving Plaza/Brooklyn Bridge? If tonight's show turns out to be at the arena where the staging is, then this post is moot.

But if it's in a club, I bet U2 won't tip their hands to either a) the Vertigo Tour setlist or b) its visual effects. It could just be an hour-long chance to build some buzz and practice some of the songs they haven't mastered live yet.

Meaning, Monday will still be full of surprises.

Good point!

Well, the latest rumour I have - from a good source - says that it is NOT in a theatre or club, but at the Sports Arena.

:shrug: We'll know in time, I guess.

Blue Room said:

:lol: That pic you posted is of the LA Coliseum, not the arena.

Glad someone else pointed that out -- I was going to... You beat me to it - that picture is of the LA Coliseum -- not the Sports Arena...

Look everyone... it's going to be at the LA Sports Arena. I've been there the past two days. I was able to get two out of four autographs.... not Bono's.... Adam's & Edge's.... Which makes me mad cause last night I was just gradually driving around and, ofcourse, B man is there signing autographs... I wanted to punch myself. The only chance I might ever get and I was in sandals and shorts... UUURRRRGGHHH!!!!!! I atleast saw him twice. The night before when I got the other two sig's. B man didn't want to get off the car... Believe me, it's gonna kick ass. I heard them jamming from outside....

So around midnight Pacific time we should have something. Thats 3 in the morning my time, I'' hang around:wink:

A contest winner posted from LA to one of the mailing lists that the bus was going to pick them up at 2:30-3pm. I dunno if they will all be waiting around THAT long so maybe it's already started!

Back
Top Bottom