What the 3rd leg may bring...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Vertigo
I Will Follow
Electric Co.
Desire
Elevation
New Year’s Day
Beautiful Day
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?
Bad
City of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Please or Crumbs
Pride (in the name of love)
Where the Streets have no name
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
With or Without You

All Because of You
Yahweh
Original Of The Species

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses will definitely appear.

Running To Stand Still will resurface too, I think.

Electrical Storm? One can hope, but I don't think so.

Crumbs? 99% sure (I thought I was 100% for the European leg :p)

More Until The End Of The World. And maybe a surprise. Dunno what though.

liamcool said:
Desire won't be played, it doesn't have any other way to be reinvented.

Just bring back the shredding Lovetown version followed by All Along The Watchtower and all will be well in the world.

liamcool said:

Electric Co could segue into it...

Like Bono sings "I can see for miles and miles..." and then it would segue like it does in ZOO TV where Edge shreds his spiral like beginning...

liamcool said:

that hasnt stopped them from bringing back other songs

liamcool said:

I liked the BBC version. More electric than Elevation ones - with the solo - and pretty good for not being played at the other promo shows.

This is what we'll hear:

Vertigo
I Will Follow
Electric Co
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
City of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where the Streets Have No Name
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
With or Without You
All Because Of You
Yahweh
Vertigo

:shrug: No need to speculate....

Just wondering what everyone else thinks about this...IF Crumbs should make it as a regular on the 3rd leg, or even just rotate in on multi-show cities, do you think they'll drop a Bomb song for it or just add it into the mix? Same goes for Original. If it's released as a single, you'd expect that to me a more prominant fixture in the setlist, right? That'd bring the tally up to 9 Bomb songs, 10, if they keep up this nonsense w/ Vertigox2! Would they drop Yahweh for Original? And what about Crumbs? Miracle Drug, maybe? I wouldn't think any of the singles would be dropped, so that'd leave Miracle Drug and Love and Peace or Else, and L&POE seems to be more...I don't know...functional (?) in the setlist w/ the war trilogy, etc. Just curious what everyone else thought might be a possibility.

Well I thought they'd change Crumbs for Pride - it wouldn't work outside the Africa trilogy of the show - One and Streets are too essential to drop live.

Yes, I think Original will get played more often, I don't know where in the set. Probably in the encore, like European and US performances. Would be an interesting closer...

I'd like to see Bad, Original Of The Species, and 40 become regular additions. I'd also like to see All I Want Is You or Wild Horses appear again after Still Haven't Found.

U2girl said:
Well I thought they'd change Crumbs for Pride - it wouldn't work outside the Africa trilogy of the show - One and Streets are too essential to drop live.

Yes, I think Original will get played more often, I don't know where in the set. Probably in the encore, like European and US performances. Would be an interesting closer...

Crumbs would be great, as would OTS....how about Please? :drool: I miss that one...it would also fit with the tone of the tour, in my opinion.

3rd leg should bring ACROBAT, MoFo, God Part II, One Step Closer & Lemon
the 3rd leg should not have Miracle Drug, SYCMIOYO, SHFWILF and the 2nd vertigo at the end of the show

jacobus said:
3rd leg should bring ACROBAT, MoFo, God Part II, One Step Closer & Lemon
the 3rd leg should not have Miracle Drug, SYCMIOYO, SHFWILF and the 2nd vertigo at the end of the show

Well, you are going to get them anyway. Cause when you go and visit U2 only once, the majority of concertgoers, the basic Euro setlist was a pretty awesome one. So don't get your hopes up that some of the new songs will be dropped, its their tour. Don't get your hopes up that we will get new rarities come to light. If anything new does show up it will be a former hit single, not something obscure. Crumbs will never ever replace Pride, if it ever shows up at all. Don't get your hopes up if an oddity is heared during soundcheck either, since U2 only flies in a few hours before the show starts, thats just their roadies dicking around.

Expect major changes and you'll be bitterly dissapointed, starting multiple setlist bitch threads. Expect the same and you may find yourself pleasantly surprised. Occasionally.

U2 is practicing for 3 days in the stadium before the first show of the third leg...that means changes to me!

Also, I would be filled with glee, but not surprised if Crumbs DID replace Pride.

BUt no, no new songs will or should be dropped. It is their tour - and they are awesome!

Niceman said:
U2 is practicing for 3 days in the stadium before the first show of the third leg...that means changes to me!

Also, I would be filled with glee, but not surprised if Crumbs DID replace Pride.

BUt no, no new songs will or should be dropped. It is their tour - and they are awesome!

Practicing three days for a new tour leg doesn't mean that they are going to do new stuff. It means that they have to get their shit back together in smaller venues after having been accustomed to playing large stadiums. They rehearsed for days in Brussels and nothing new and interesting came out of that.

And why do some people keep deluding themselves that Crumbs is going to replace Pride. Most fans going to a U2 concert would rather hear Pride then some obscure new song.

I just hope they play Bad more often--at least every other show--this IMO is the quintessential live U2 soong above all others, even Streets. Six of my non-diehard friends saw a show on the first leg and all commented on the absence of Bad. IMO this is the most questionable omission on the tour (yes I know it has been played a few times--infact when I heard it closed one of the Chicago shows--I thought that sounded like it would be incredible).

Muad'zin said:

Practicing three days for a new tour leg doesn't mean that they are going to do new stuff. It means that they have to get their shit back together in smaller venues after having been accustomed to playing large stadiums. They rehearsed for days in Brussels and nothing new and interesting came out of that.

And why do some people keep deluding themselves that Crumbs is going to replace Pride. Most fans going to a U2 concert would rather hear Pride then some obscure new song.

Agreed with the first paragraph, though it must be noted they did rehearse Crumbs. Kind of surprised it didn't make it beyond rehearsal stage. That leads to the second paragraph, and my whole point can be summed in one sentence: a song on an album that's sold over eight million copies worldwide is so obscure. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom