What songs will HTDAAB bump from the concert list?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im with the ppl who say that WOWY should go. Bono's voice is straining a lot during the song...it's just not a good performence anymore. Nothing will ever top the R&H version for me.

WOWY might not get as much attention this tour, but it will still be there. It kind of has to because it is such a HUGE hit for the casual u2 fan. Arguably their biggest hit ever.

I didn't really like the elevation version either, but it was still emotional because of the effects and the heart lighting up. But it's right that it didnt come close to zoo tv or before. I think they should go back to the JT tour version of it, with the band playing a kind "harder" WOWY.

Here's the SETLIST

VERTIGO
ELEVATION
ALL BECAUSE OF YOU
END OF THE WORLD
MIRACLE DRUG
SOMETIMES YOU CAN'T MAKE IT ON YOUR OWN
LOVE AND PEACE/EXIT (KICKS ASS)
I WILL FOLLOW
ELECTRIC CO//OUT OF CONTROL
SHE'S A MYSTERY GIRL
****ACOUSTIC SET ***
MAN & A WOMAN ( EXCELLENT UNDERRATED SONG!!!!)
HANDS THAT BUILT AMERICA //ELECTRICAL STORM
DESIRE
I STILL HAVEN'T FOUND// IN A LITTLE WHILE
ALL I WANT IS YOU(ALTERNATING)STAY//RUNNING TO STAND STILL
ORIGIN OF THE SPECIES
BULLET
STREETS
BEAUTIFUL DAY
CITY OF BLINDING LIGHTS (HOUSE LIGHTS ON !!!!)
CRUMBS FROM YOUR TABLE
WALK ON /ALTERNATING/ BEAUTIFUL DAY
ONE---TOO STRONG A SONG TO DROP (YAWEH ON TAIL END HALLELULIA))

1-Vertigo
2-Love And Peace Or Else
3-Until The End Of The World
4-I Will Follow/Out Of Control
5-Miracle Drug
6-Sometimes...
7-All Because Of You
8-Desire or Angel Of Harlem
9-Man And A Woman
10-Electrical Storm
11-One Step Closer
12-Bad or All I Want Is You
13-Streets
14-City Of Blinding Lights(this and Streets might be flip-flopped)
-------
15-Bullet
16-Beautiful Day
17-Original Of The Species
---------
18-Crumbs
19-With Or Without You or Mysterious Ways
20-One
21-Yahweh/40

21 songs, so they might throw a couple more older ones in, but that's my guess. Am I the only one who wants to hear One Step Closer? Amazing song....

Last edited:
I have a hunch that mayb snippets from Stories for Boys wuld end up w/ Vertigo, I remember watching sumthing w/ Bono saying he did borrow parts from that song, mayb he can borrow a few more:wink:

What ever happened to Last Night on Earth, I loved the "I went looking..." bit.

I also read that UltraViolet could be played again, I thought it was absolutely brilliant during the Zoo concerts after MacPhisto's Call *especially in Dublin*

All in all, I hope they bring back some of the old gems and rotate them w/ the classics, it would appeal to a wider assortment of people, IMO of course :wink:

I think it will bump most of the songs off of All That You Can't Leave Behind out except for Beautiful Day. It seems like they play a couple songs off each album (except Zooropa and October) and a lot off the new album each time they go out. Probably Out Of Control and I Will Follow from Boy; New Year's Day and Sunday Bloody Sunday from War; Pride and Bad from The Unforgettable Fire; Where The Streets Have No Name, With Or Without You, and Bullet The Blue Sky from The Joshua Tree (the exception); Desire or All I Want Is You or Angel Of Harlem from Rattle & Hum (probably one or two of those); One and Until The End Of The World from Achtung Baby; Gone and Discotheque from POP -- so maybe Beautiful Day and Kite from All That You Can't Leave Behind. That takes up 17 songs, though! Probably a few of those will be in and out of rotation like Kite, the Rattle & Hum songs, and Bad. So that makes 15, and probably therefore leaves room for 7-9 of the new ones. My thoughts would be they would play Vertigo, Miracle Drug, Sometimes, Love and Peace, City Of Blinding Lights, All Because Of You, Crumbs, Original Of The Species, and either Yahweh or One Step Closer... and maybe A Man And A Woman would rotate in with the ones I mentioned before, since they're the more acoustic ones anyway! Just my thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom