What percentage of a chance does "Mercy" have of being played on this tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
I'd say roughly 5%. It's a shame, but this great song most likely will not see the stage until it's either A) Released the next or future albums B) Released as a stand-alone single for some sort of promotion ala Electrical Storm...or C) Used as a b-side to an upcoming HTDAAB single.

I really would like to witness this song live on this tour. I think it would make an excellent opener for the Encore.

What are your thoughts?

I think it's a great song too, especially since it's "unfinished" - imagine the polished, final version? That said, I think it has no chance of being played on this tour. It seems too good to be a b-side, so it's probably gonna turn up on the next album. U2 tends to be a greatest hits/new album material performer, so I doubt they'd play an unreleased song as opposed to the numerous hits/favorites.

ramblin rose said:
Maybe we should make signs. "PLAY MERCY!"

That's not a bad idea, someone on Elevation brought signs that said play Kite and they started playing it. Maybe I should bring a sign that sais "Play Acrobat".:wink:

I'm encouraging everyone to make "Show us MERCY" signs to bring to the concerts. I'd also advise anyone who talks to band members before and/or after the shows to tell them how amazing the song is and how it could be a live classic.

They won't know we love the song if we don't tell them, and that's the first step.

laz

u2valleygirl said:

That's not a bad idea, someone on Elevation brought signs that said play Kite and they started playing it. Maybe I should bring a sign that sais "Play Acrobat".:wink:

Definitely!

Personally, I think we need a "Play anything from October" campaign. That album should not be forgotten.

Axver said:
Personally, I think we need a "Play anything from October" campaign. That album should not be forgotten.

If for some strange, strange reason UTEOTW is not played and doesnt lead into NYD (which it has the last three tours), they should bring back "October" right before NYD. That was amazing.

RademR said:

If for some strange, strange reason UTEOTW is not played and doesnt lead into NYD (which it has the last three tours), they should bring back "October" right before NYD. That was amazing.

WHAT? THEY MUST PLAY IT!
Tell me this is not for certain.
:mad:

Correct me if im wrong, but is the band even aware of the fact that we know about Mercy?? :huh:

It was U2SJ who brought the song here, so as long as they dont check the internet they wont know :slant:

God Part III said:

WHAT? THEY MUST PLAY IT!
Tell me this is not for certain.
:mad:

thats why i said some "strange, strange" reason. There's no way UTEOTW will not be played.

It's my favorite live u2 song ever

Mercy won't be played on this tour but I like the idea of everyone letting the band know how much we think the songs kicks ass. Maybe it'll be included on the next album? Let's hope.

I have a copy of Mercy, but I haven't listened to it yet. Just from the lyrics, I can tell it is awesome though. I guess I'm going to keep it as a treat once the thrill of HTDAAB wears off (which hasn't happened yet). But even though I haven't listened to it yet, I like the "Show us MERCY" and "PLAY MERCY" signs!

I don't think U2 even knows the song has been "discovered" by the fans yet. We got it solely through a copy off of ONE burned CD. As far as they know, we don't know it. So there is not a chance they will play it. Odds are the same of them playing it as they were of playing Levitate on the Elevation tour. Because as of now, Mercy is just an unreleased track leftover from the HTDAAB sessions.

fmattyh said:
I don't think U2 even knows the song has been "discovered" by the fans yet. We got it solely through a copy off of ONE burned CD. As far as they know, we don't know it. So there is not a chance they will play it. Odds are the same of them playing it as they were of playing Levitate on the Elevation tour. Because as of now, Mercy is just an unreleased track leftover from the HTDAAB sessions.

I get this feeling they would know. They're not oblivious to the existence of the Internet.

BWU2Buffs said:

Shouldn't the sign say, "U2.com Pre Sale Fiasco - Show Us Mercy"?

Those signs would be a little out of date.

2Hearts said:
I have a copy of Mercy, but I haven't listened to it yet. Just from the lyrics, I can tell it is awesome though. I guess I'm going to keep it as a treat once the thrill of HTDAAB wears off (which hasn't happened yet). But even though I haven't listened to it yet, I like the "Show us MERCY" and "PLAY MERCY" signs!

I pray you won't get hit by a bus tomorrow and never know how beautiful Mercy really is. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom