What new songs do you HONESTLY think will make an appearence?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shart1780

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I know there's a ton of previously underplayed songs we'd love to hear but probably never will, but what songs do you think will be brought up this tour? No pipe dreaming please!!

I think it's conceivable that we'll hear Please. It's just such a great song and it's only been consistantly played one tour. That doesn't make sense! I know the band loves the song too.

I also think we may hear Kite again. It's such a spectacular song live and I know the band feels the same way.

I also am pretty sure that MOFO will be played :)

at this point, I have no fecking clue.

Props to the band for playing:

an cat dubh/into the heart, electric co., the ocean, gloria, wild horses, the first time, and fast cars.

Never thought we'd see those this tour. They really were reasonable about digging into their catalogue this tour. There was a stale bit the 2nd half of the Euro tour, but still. Never thought we'd see ANY of those tunes this tour!

forgot to mention miss sarejevo.

Never liked the song before this our! One of the many highlights of the show!!!

Running to stand still wasn't played at all during Elevation right? hmm, good for them!!

I think it's reasonable to conjecture that One Step Closer and/or A Man and a Woman will make an appearenc.e I think AMAAW would be a lot of fun live, but I could be wrong :)

Other songs that are likely. I'm basing this list on rehearsal rumors or actual heard sound checks:

- Stay
- Please
- Mofo

Gone probably wouldn't be out of the running either, considering it was played pretty heavily through the first half of elevation and the band has said how much they love it live

I used to think that One Step Closer was gonna be a snippet during Bad , boy was I wrong haha.

I guess they can do One Step Closer acoustic like The First Time.
The song progression is almost identical in both.

So OSC it is.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Oops forgot something ,

A Man And A Woman might be played acoustic.
Since they are doing 2 acoustic tunes again.
It might be like the version that`s on the ABOY singles.

But I just don`t get why they go acoustic again????
Myself prefered the ZOO encore rather than two acoustic songs:madspit:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Its pretty sad, we are debating on whether they will "switch up" the setlist by one or two songs. Ohh wow they added Bad tonight or wow they played fast cars. The other 18 songs are stale, not from the point that they arent good, but come one- if you are playing the same venue for an entire week lets see a real effort to mix things up. I know there are many who will say "at least they are touring" or fine "thats more tickets for me" but I am glad I am not spending any more of my money for this third leg.

jammin909 said:
Its pretty sad, we are debating on whether they will "switch up" the setlist by one or two songs. Ohh wow they added Bad tonight or wow they played fast cars. The other 18 songs are stale, not from the point that they arent good, but come one- if you are playing the same venue for an entire week lets see a real effort to mix things up. I know there are many who will say "at least they are touring" or fine "thats more tickets for me" but I am glad I am not spending any more of my money for this third leg.

It's worth noting that today's show in NYC had six songs different to the concert beforehand, which had five different to the one before that. So that's a bit more than switching just one or two songs as you accuse the band of doing.

unfortunately i am really starting to doubt whether we will see much more variation, i think we have seen and heard all the songs they will play just in various orders....

gotta hold out hope for mofo or please :drool:

i would give my 1st born to hear please, discoteque, or mofo at MSG in november :bow:

jammin909 said:

I'd give my right arm for them to tour the UK again.

I think that we will see Electrical Storm before the end of this tour.

By the way, while they haven't played Pease, Bono snippeted the "Get up off your knees" line towards the end of bullet in Milwaukee.

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
I Will Follow
All I want is You
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes you can’t make it on your own
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Human Rights
Pride in the Name of Love
Where the Streets have no Name
One

First Time
Wild Horses
With or Without You

All Because of You
Fast Cars
Original
“40”

knox said:
I think that we will see Electrical Storm before the end of this tour.

By the way, while they haven't played Pease, Bono snippeted the "Get up off your knees" line towards the end of bullet in Milwaukee.

And they sang "Baby baby baby light my way" after Beautiful Day at Philly II. :drool:

Anyway, if they actually do that extra Australia/New Zealand/Japan leg, we might see OOTS and AMAAW a-la Zoomerang where they played 3 never before heard Zooropa songs. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom