What HTDAAB song you didn`t like on the album but was super cool live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i actually like love and peace on the album, so i cant vote for that
same goes for vertigo (although both have improved live)
i have to go with COBL

Without a doubt, LAPOE. That was probably my least favorite on the album. But hearing it lived, the energy level was great and it really rocked.

COBL would be second place. Yahweh, SYCMIOYO, OOTS, MD I loved before hearing live. Vertigo and ABOY were both kind of blah, and live version didn't help me much.

if you open it up to all songs, i have to say without a doubt, Elevation. Elevation and Vertigo have always been silly pop songs to me. Hearing Elevation live was just so fun! I love that song now!

Original of the Species - Sounded beautiful in Cleveland!

Vertigo - I liked the CD version but it impressed me even more in Detroit.

Vertigo totally ROCKED live. It was pretty good on the album but didn't make me go crazy like it did live. :drool: It always sounded better in the encore, though. Even though it's a huge energy boost to begin with, it sounds tighter in the encore, when the band is relaxed and having fun. Besides that I'd have to go with Yahweh, I love Edge's singing.

Vertigo: A very good song on the record, AMAZING live
Miracle Drug: Very good on both the record and live
SYCMIOYO: Excellent on both, but Bono's extra little vocal kick on the 'sinnnnnnng' part puts the live version ahead
LAPOE: Very good on the record, AMAZING live
City: Outstanding on the record, but I wasn't taken too much with it live. I think I was excited more because 'the concert is starting!' rather than 'Oh man, they're playing City of Blinding Lights!'
ABOY: Kind of flat on the record, much more of a kick to it live
Man and a Woman: Well, I guess we'll never know....
Crumbs: Never heard it live, though it sounded a bit flat on the album
One Step Closer: I guess we'll never know....
Original of the Species: I absolutely love the album version, and the live versions I've heard have just been missing that little something.
Yahweh: Probably the biggest improvement. The original has too much instrumentation to it, whereas the live version with just Edge's guitar and Bono's voice is absolutely beautiful.
Fast Cars: Great fun both live and on the record.

Back
Top Bottom