What Do they Open with???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the idea of City of Blinding Lights.....in totally blackness and then sparkles of white light as the whole places becomes ALIVE!!!

Six more days!!!!

Late support of COBL... I've been supporting COBL from the moment I heard it.

Mind you...Zoo Station is the ultimate Trump Card!

I'd take Zoo over anything. Mind you I doubt it will be the opener by the time they reach Australia.

Joshua Tree tour - Streets openened
Zoo TV tour - Zoo station opened
Elevation tour - Elevation opened

See a pattern?

Vertigo tour (like I also said months ago) - Vertigo will open.

You seem to have two patterns going there.

Pattern 1
Joshua Tree Tour - Streets, opening song of JT
ZooTV Tour - Zoo Station, opening song of AB

Pattern 2
ZooTV Tour - Zoo Station, relates to name
Elevation Tour - Elevation, relates to name

But how do all three fit together?

:hmm:

Perhaps Vertigo tour will combine both of that; we know the tour is named after the song, which would suggest it will open.

How about this pattern? Never has a first single from the current album opened the show. At least not since 1980/1981.

Realgodi said:
I think LAPOE is the best possible opener.

Here’s an example of its potential power as opener. I got it from U2 East Link where a poster called chezPaul shared it with us.

h t t p://s17. y o u s e n d i t .com/d.aspx?id=1Z9GOYINTFOYU0XDJHTM68ZC83

(remove blanks)

Wow. This is cool. Do you people need more proof? This is the best possible opener for this tour. I just hope the band recognizes this.

Axver said:
You seem to have two patterns going there.

Pattern 1
Joshua Tree Tour - Streets, opening song of JT
ZooTV Tour - Zoo Station, opening song of AB

Pattern 2
ZooTV Tour - Zoo Station, relates to name
Elevation Tour - Elevation, relates to name

But how do all three fit together?

You are forgetting Popmart - Pop Muzic

So I am going with vertigo as the opener

ckonanz said:

yes, i know these make sense, and yes i can kiiinnda picture vertigo as an opener, hense the name of the tour. i reeaally can picture ABOY being the opener, for the most part. then vertigo second. they didnt start out with UF on that tour, right? or "JT" on the JT tour....JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

ckonanz said:

No, I'm not forgetting Pop Muzik because that wasn't the opener. The band didn't play that; it was just intro music. If you are going to count Pop Muzik, then you better also count the Trippy Elevation Mix, Television: Drug Of The Nation, and all stuff like that.

djerdap said:
How about this pattern? Never has a first single from the current album opened the show. At least not since 1980/1981.

Only once has a lead single EVER opened a U2 concert, Beautiful Day on 10 October 2001. A Day Without Me, Fire, New Year's Day, Pride, With Or Without You, Desire, The Fly, Numb, and Discotheque never once opened a full tour concert.

I can't wait to go to two shows in a row here in Vancouver. I wonder if the sets will vary much.

i bet they open with "an oldie but a goodie" and bring in the 25 year anniv of boy with "i will follow".

the crowd woudl go ape!

it'll probably be vertigo though. which is still fine.

the tourist said:
MLK should open. :drool:

They did that once, 18 October 1984 in Lyon. And the crowd drowned them out. Though it seemed to work alright at some Conspiracy Of Hope shows in 1986.

I believe in the power of LAPOE.
But I've had another fantasy the last few days.
It's inspired by Simple Minds and their Street Fighting Years tour in the late 80's.
And may I just say: I know Simple Minds is not the hottest ticket anymore. But in the late 80's, they really tried to challenge U2.
Anyway: The beginning of their shows on that tour was the "street fighting years" song itself. Amazing, especially because it's a slow song.
It reminds me of the last Bruce Springsteen tour, when he often started out with a solo acoustic version of "Born in the USA".
In both cases, the audience response is breathtaking.
So my fantasy is as follows.
ONE STEP CLOSER.

I get shivers thinking about the build up of the song, Larry kicking the drums harder and harder.

it makes sense that they would open with vertigo but i think that they'll play it second a la beatuiful day last tour. if they did open with vertigo they would have to come up with some sorta inro music to that cause vertigo is kinda immediate and there is nothing for the band to come on stage to.

i never really thought about it til someone mentioned it but LPOE would be an excellent opener.

and i would absolutely die if they opened with zoo station but i would just be happy if they played it at all.

Back
Top Bottom