What 1 song do you want dropped from the setlist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What 'classic' song do you want dropped from the setlist?

• Beautiful Day

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Elevation

Votes: 51 20.0%
  • The Electric Co.

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart

Votes: 26 10.2%
  • New Year's Day

Votes: 21 8.2%
  • Sunday Bloody Sunday

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • Bullet the Blue Sky

Votes: 28 11.0%
  • Running to Stand Still

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pride (In the Name of Love)

Votes: 54 21.2%
  • Where the Streets Have No Name

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • One

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • The Fly

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Mysterious Ways

Votes: 15 5.9%

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Zoo Station

Votes: 14 5.5%

• Total voters

U2Fan101

Refugee
Me, personally could do without Pride. I don't know why, but that song has never done anything for me, and I always skip over it when it's on an album or a boot. I have a few other songs on the setlist I want dropped, but Pride is first in the running.

Tough decision but I think I'll go with Sunday Bloody Sunday since they have played it at every show on the last tour. They could add another rocker in that spot, something that we don't hear very often like Twilight! :D

a good thing about dropping pride would be that the transition from pride into streets sucks

so maybe if they dropped it they would find another song with a decent transition

I chose Mysterious Ways. Out of all the "classics" this is the one I've seen enough and in it's place we can hear Elvis Presely and America:wink:

Elevation really doesn't belong in the Vertigo Tour (or any other U2 tour)! One of the worst U2 songs ever. Just a cheap song...

Elevation works in the context of the All That You Can't Leave Behind album and it was a good opener on the last tour, but I've always felt like Vertigo is what U2 wanted Elevation to be--a big rock anthem. At this point I think the song is completely unnecessary on this tour.

Can't believe a couple of people voted for The Electric Co. That's the absolute highlight of the tour for me.

My vote went to One. Yes, One. It's been three tours now, played every night, and it isn't Streets. It needs a break.

Axver said:

My vote went to One. Yes, One. It's been three tours now, played every night, and it isn't Streets. It needs a break.

i see where you are coming from, and wouldn't mid if it wasn't played every night- but this is a song on more than one occassion has been voted the best song ever. seen it in several different magazines, and polls- i don't think it could bever be dropped simply for that reason.

I almost said An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart.

However, Sunday Bloody Sunday has been played to death. While the song is historically relevant, I would sure like them to rotate it with Please every so often. They deal with the same kind of issues. I prefer Please over SBS by a long shot.

There are only two choices that make sense...
Elevation (because it's just NOT a great song)
and
Pride (In The Name Of Love) (Tired)
How ANYONE could vote against The Electric Co. and An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart and call themselves a U2 fan is beyond comprehension.

Last edited:
nicholsfornixon said:
Elevation works in the context of the All That You Can't Leave Behind album and it was a good opener on the last tour, but I've always felt like Vertigo is what U2 wanted Elevation to be--a big rock anthem. At this point I think the song is completely unnecessary on this tour.

agreed.

also, i was listening to bullet from zootv the other day....:ohmy: :shocked:
now that is a band on full throttle....what they're doing with it now I've no idea......
yes, and pride sounds tired.

other than those THREE songs, yes only THREE, I'm totally thrilled with the set.

and what's more is that u2 is a very smart band; I can see why they want to play elevation and pride : two big hits.
but bullett? come on.....

There're a whole bunch of songs on that list that I'd rather never hear in a live setting ever again...but I gotta' go with "New Year's Day." "Elevation" is just too damned obvious. That's like asking who's better--Jesus or Satan? Not really a contest, so I gotta' make it interesting.

So, yeah...fuck that song/those songs.

Give me "Dirty Day" or give me death...!!!!! That's my new mantra.

Last edited:
If you shout... said:
There're a whole bunch of songs on that list that I'd rather never hear in a live setting ever again...but I gotta' go with "New Year's Day." "Elevation" is just too damned obvious. That's like asking who's better--Jesus or Satan? Not really a contest, so I gotta' make it interesting.

So, yeah...fuck that song/those songs.

Give me "Dirty Day" or give me death...!!!!! That's my new mantra.

yeah give me dirty day or do you feel loved over new years day!!!

Pride. Fantastic song but doesn't really carry it live.

And I don't understand how people could possibly vote An Cat Dubh. At least you've all got enough sense not to go for Running To Stand Still

Back
Top Bottom