We should do an Acrobat campaign on this tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
For me, Acrobat is one of the best songs U2 ever did. Incredibly emotional, with fantastic guitars and probably Larry's best drum work ever. It's a crime this song has never been played live.
There are Pearl Jam fans here for sure and maybe they are familiar with a case that happened on their 1998 tour. A fan favorite - song called "Breath" wasn't played for four years. Fans organized a Breath campaign - on three NJ/NY concerts 20 000 people raised signs which said "Breath" on it. The band responsed to their request with a stellar performance of "Breath" on the third night of the Breath campaign.
Listening to that bootleg(Madison Square Garden, September 11th 1998), I have never heard a bigger crowd scream than the one when the first "Breath" note was played.
Why don't we try do this with Acrobat? U2 would for sure response to this, if we just try and organize this? Any ideas or suggestions?

One of my favourite songs. I'd definitely support some sort of campaign to encourage the band to play it. They pulled out Night And Day at MusiCares 13 years after they recorded it and it was freakin' SENSATIONAL, so why not Acrobat?

Didn't U2 hear our crys for The Fly during the Elevation tour? If someone sees a band member just let them know. If they hear it enough I'm sure they give it a shot.

zoopop said:
Didn't U2 hear our crys for The Fly during the Elevation tour? If someone sees a band member just let them know. If they hear it enough I'm sure they give it a shot.

I would imagine those cries may have come during Popmart. The Fly's return came on the opening night of Elevation.

Aardvark747 said:
He's probably forgotten the lyrics to Acrobat now...!:wink:

He's probably forgotten the title of Acrobat now. :wink:

well as long as they can play it, I'm sure us long can all sing enough to jog his memory

Hmm. Let's send a mail to U2.com... A complaint or something... At least that's what they think it is.
We'll write "PLAY ACROBAT ON TOUR"
Let's all send an individual e-mail, if there are hundreds the band will know. I mean, I know there are administrators and all that, but if that many of us send a mail it cannot be ignored.

acrobat is one of my favorite u2 songs too, i'd die if i saw it played openning night (since i'll be there....on the floor) :wink:

Aardvark747 said:
He's probably forgotten the lyrics to Acrobat now...!:wink:

Axver said:

He's probably forgotten the title of Acrobat now. :wink:

Oh dear god...! Reading those two posts together made me laugh out loud...! I really am quite ashamed...very funny, but the fact I get the joke makes it quite a 'nerdy' thing....!!! :wink:

God Part III said:
Hmm. Let's send a mail to U2.com... A complaint or something... At least that's what they think it is.
We'll write "PLAY ACROBAT ON TOUR"
Let's all send an individual e-mail, if there are hundreds the band will know. I mean, I know there are administrators and all that, but if that many of us send a mail it cannot be ignored.
That's not a bad idea. We can do that for a start.

PLAY ACROBAT ON TOURPLAY ACROBAT ON TOURPLAY ACROBAT ON TOURPLAY ACROBAT ON TOURPLAY ACROBAT ON TOURPLAY ACROBAT ON TOURPLAY ACROBAT ON TOURPLAY ACROBAT ON TOURPLAY ACROBAT ON TOURPLAY ACROBAT ON TOURPLAY ACROBAT ON TOURPLAY ACROBAT ON TOURPLAY ACROBAT ON TOURPLAY ACROBAT ON TOURPLAY ACROBAT ON TOURPLAY ACROBAT ON TOURPLAY ACROBAT ON TOURPLAY ACROBAT ON TOURPLAY ACROBAT ON TOURPLAY ACROBAT ON TOURPLAY ACROBAT ON TOUR:dancing:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAACRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOBAAAAAAAAT

yes yes yes ACROBAT is their best song ever!

That would be the best song ever played live by U2...... but I'm guessing they have never played it because it is too hard musically......

Where is the petition???? I gotta sign it!!!!:wink:

I'm no musician, but, if they were able to play the song well enough as a cohesive unit to get it into the hands of the mixers/producers to finish for them to get it on AB, that means that they can at least play a mediocre version of it, no?:scratch:

I mean, it's their song, they wrote it, they practiced it, how do they not know how to play it?

mmmm..... some songs are just arranged totally in the studio. I'm not saying that they can't play it, but I don't think they want to play a mediocre version in front of 80'000 people.... by the way, vocally, the song is also hard.....and it's been 14 years since they released it.... some practice should be done to bring it back to life. Anyway, I signed the petition!!!:wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom