War Songs in the Vertigo Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
Well since the bomb has come out I was wondering if they'd play a few War gems such as Seconds, Like a Song... or mayb even the opening riffs of the Refugee to fit the running theme of war and stuff

wut do u think the chances are of ANY song from before 83 other than SBS, I Will Follow, Out of Control, and NYD being played?

Like A Song? I love that song but they've played it a grand total of one time in their entire career.

Other than SBS, I Will Follow, Out Of Control, and NYD?

11 O'Clock Tick Tock
"40"
Party Girl

That's about all I'd hold my breath for.

Im not a big fan of the song Refugee as a whole, but the riffs pull me in:drool: :drool: :drool:

Refugee's never been played live and won't be done. Like A Song didn't work when they did it so they cut it. Seconds may seem mildly apt due to the atomic bomb mention but the lyrics are out of date and it's only a faint possibility - I'd like it to liven up the acoustic set. 40 is, as always, possible as a closer.

Pre-War, Gloria and October are basically unlikely but may have very faint chances. Party Girl on birthdays. A Celebration may also seem apt due to a lyric or two but almost certainly won't be done. I keep hanging out for The Electric Co., but it's not likely. And will we hear a Stories For Boys snippet? I hope so!

I hate Refugee. :|
Anyway, Sunday Bloody Sunday, I Will Follow, New Year's Day, Out Of Control...
I don't see other songs than these.

We want LIKE A SONG!
Yeah, like that's gonna happen...

They don't play anything from October at all anymore.:sad: I love Gloria and that song wasn't even on the Greatest Hits 1990-2000. 40, maybe. I love Like a Song, it is my fav on War. Most of their top 40's they will play.

"love Gloria and that song wasn't even on the Greatest Hits 1990-2000"
wonder why

"Sunday Bloody Sunday" and "New Years Day" will be the only songs from WAR played on this tour. I think there's no chance of anything else being played except...thats right, when the band comes out for the encore and plays a full band version of 40.

Would be cool to see some WAR tracks though.

I don't even think NYD, SBS, I Will Follow, OOC are even guarenteed. I don't think OOC was played much if at all on Zoo TV or PopMart and only some shows on Elevation. SBS wasn't played at EVERY show in the recent tours, nor was NYD. These songs will probably be played at some shows, but certainly not all of them. IWF tends to get the crowd jumping and U2 has played this often in promo gigs recently, so I think IWF will be played often.

I've said it b4, I'll say it again, U2 has a suprise or two up their sleeves for us this tour....Electric Co or Gloria might just pop up.

I don't think it's going to be an overly anti-war tour. If you listen to How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, Love And Peace Or Else seems to be the only song like that.... So therefore, I think only New Year's Day and possibly Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom