Vertigo Redanka mix to pre-open shows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lemon_vr6

Acrobat
Sounds similar to the mix used to open the Elevation tours. Parts of it don't sound exactly like Vertigo, just as before with the Elevation remix. Thoughts? It could definitely pump up the crowd, not that they aren't going to all shit their pants when the lights drop as it is.

Don't really see that as Vertigo has a raw, immediate feel. Elevation is a more modern rock track that was suited to that inro. They might just walk out with the lights on like last time and blast it out, unannounced.

Consider that before the Elevation remix tape played, the audience was treated to a lot of songs with "love" in the title, ending with The Beatles' All You Need Is Love.

What would be cool this time around is a selection of punk rock that the audience could get fired up by. I'm not talking the really hard stuff, but The Ramones, The Clash, The Buzzcocks. Even The Who could be in there. I think stuff that inspired them in their early days would play into the "this is our first album" thing.

laz

Last edited:
Let Love And Peace Or Else kick things off, then have Vertigo come in.

That would be beyond awesome.

I'd like to see U2 open with a classic--Even Better Than the Real Thing or something. Then they could go straight into Vertigo. Just to shake things up a little bit.

Opening a concert with an old song in my opinion would show a less then confident attitude about the new material.

I would love to see Love and Peace open but I dont see it happening. The Vertigo tour will be opened with Vertigo.

Yahweh said:
Opening a concert with an old song in my opinion would show a less then confident attitude about the new material.

I don't think anyone accused U2 of being less than confident for opening the War Tour with Gloria and Out Of Control or the UF Tour with 11 O'clock Tick Tock.

I think they need to go back to opening with old songs. We've had Zoo Station on ZooTV, Mofo on Popmart, and Elevation on Elevation. Now's time to bring back U2's three greatest openers, Where The Streets Have No Name, Hawkmoon 269, and 11 O'clock Tick Tock.

I really wuld love to hear/see them play an older song 1st, then break seamlessly into Vertigo

before i die plz:drool:

well, in my opinion the shows could start with the instrumental of the 1st part of Redanka mix and then start with Love and peace. It'd be perfect. But I think that any opener will be cool, the guys know what they're doing...

Back
Top Bottom