Vertigo begining?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2girl said:

Also, a very honorable mention to Mofo.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Love that.

TIE
Streets
Zoo Station
Mofo

keep city as the first song - better way to shape the start of the concert followed by two big banging songs...vertigo and elevation - by the end of those 3 songs the crowd will be on fire

IMHO the Vertigo opening sucked. COBL has this whole Where the streets style mystical opening vibe going. Same goes for LAPOE in some respects. Vertigo is just not a natural opener. It's to sudden. It's a natural second song to carry on the energy of the opening song. Or a damn good closing song.

It made some sense for most European shows to have opened with Vertigo being to light. But by august it was already dark. By the time they started in Munich early august they could have opened with COBL and the big screen. But that would have required reworking the set and they seemed to lazy to do that.

Muad'zin said:
IMHO the Vertigo opening sucked. COBL has this whole Where the streets style mystical opening vibe going. Same goes for LAPOE in some respects. Vertigo is just not a natural opener. It's to sudden. It's a natural second song to carry on the energy of the opening song. Or a damn good closing song.

It made some sense for most European shows to have opened with Vertigo being to light. But by august it was already dark. By the time they started in Munich early august they could have opened with COBL and the big screen. But that would have required reworking the set and they seemed to lazy to do that.

:yes:

I also didn't like Where The Streets Have No Name because there was NO energy there like there was in Zoo TV, Popmart or my fav Streets Elevation...In the Vertigo Chicago video, all Bono did was stand there when then LED balls came down and The Edge just playing the intro...But in the Elevation version, Bono was in the middle of the arena singing and screaming and running for his life..For song selection I like Vertigo Tour better but for how the songs were played and setup, I like the Elevation Tour much better :yes:

Muad'zin said:

Totally agreed.
Vertigo doesn't sound like a natural opener, because it starts to sudden, you almost don't percept that the band's starting.
City Of Blinding Lights worked perfect as a concert opener, and despite I've never seen LAPOE opening live I believe it must be great too.

I think that the argument that it was already day when the show started in the European cities they played is not much valid...
Well, ok, it was in the summer... but at that time, the night had already came.
In Lisbon, for instance, the night came a few minutes after the Kaiser Chiefs got out of the stage, When U2 got in the stage it was already pretty dark...:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom