Vertigo as closer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-Macphisto-UK

The Fly
I waqs thinking about this earlier, especially with them using at as the closer at the HOF.

SOmeone suggested LAPOE as the opener which when you think about it. As never been played live, and would certainly make sure they weren't predictable.

Vertigo, to send you off Rocking would be pretty cool actually.

I wouldn't totally write off the notion that they won't start and finish the show with Vertigo, like the old 11 O'Clock Tick Tock shows.

They've already done that a couple of times with Vertigo, though ostensibly to get multiple takes for TV, etc.

They have so much material to choose from that they're never going to open AND close with Vertigo. That'd be dumb. It's fine for a promo but plain dumb for a full tour gig.

I imagine that if it doesn't open, it will be one of the first three songs or opening the first encore.

It would kind of be stupid to open and close with Vertigo. Too many people in the crowd would be :huh: . And we U2 freaks would be :mad: (WHERE IS ACROBAT!!!)

with thier enormous catalogue expanding over 25 years, if they played ANY two songs twice at my concert I would have to question how many guinnesses they drank that night :huh:

zoopop said:
It would kind of be stupid to open and close with Vertigo. Too many people in the crowd would be :huh: . And we U2 freaks would be :mad: (WHERE IS ACROBAT!!!)

Heh, the diehards will ALWAYS be like, "WHERE IS ACROBAT?!?!!?!", regardless of how many times Vertigo is played. :p

I think LAPOE would be a brilliant opener and Vertigo could be a good closer...though it's hard to imagine them not closing with Yahweh, which imo is THE perfect closer.

Back
Top Bottom