Vertigo 2006 encore...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man

Thom's Bitch
I really think the current lack of Zoo Station/The Fly in the shows at the moment means they are saving it for nexy year.

This outdoor show looks made for that Zoo TV Encore and it makes me VERY EXCITED!!!

:drool:

Encore:
Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways or Until the End of the World
With or Without You
Bad

i wouldnt be surprised to see more of a pop encore

Mofo
Discotheque
Velvet Dress
WOWY

Maybe....

Desire
Ultra Violet
With or Without You
Love Is Blindness

mofo
the fly / until the end of the world
walk on / with or without you

then whatever for the 2nd encore. the reason i say walk on is because these countries areas did not get elevation tour.

look at the European sets for clues:
My bet for the Aussie outdoor shows

Zoo Station
The Fly
With or Without you
---
All because of You
Yahweh
Vertigo (2nd time, using all the visuals in a dark setting)

wtonis said:
look at the European sets for clues:
My bet for the Aussie outdoor shows

Zoo Station
The Fly
With or Without you
---
All because of You
Yahweh
Vertigo (2nd time, using all the visuals in a dark setting)

I think it will differ - the encore has continued to evolve this tour. The difference will probably only be a song or two though.

I just hope U2 don't have a terrible flow into WOWY, such as Fly --> WOWY or Desire --> WOWY as posted above. The current Mysterious Ways --> WOWY is more tolerable. Really, I think WOWY needs to be ditched once and for all. Stuff the casual fans. They just had Pride/Streets/One; I think they'll live just fine without WOWY.

Dusty Bottoms said:
I love The Fly -> WOWY transition.

Yes, isn't it great to have totally disjointed transitions? In fact, there's not even a transition to talk about, that's how choppy it is. I didn't know anyone could possibly like it.

One of U2's worst song combinations ever. It's as bad a pairing as SBS followed by Stuck on Elevation or The Electric Co. followed by ISHFWILF on the JT Tour.

Axver said:

Yes, isn't it great to have totally disjointed transitions? In fact, there's not even a transition to talk about, that's how choppy it is. I didn't know anyone could possibly like it.

One of U2's worst song combinations ever. It's as bad a pairing as SBS followed by Stuck on Elevation or The Electric Co. followed by ISHFWILF on the JT Tour.

I think they know more about proper setlist structure than you do.

Dusty Bottoms said:

They've been creating their own setlists before you were even born, junior. I think I'll trust the professionals.

Yay for ageism! :happy:

Dusty Bottoms said:

Yay for thinking you're smarter than U2ism!

I'd say a good number of fans here are smarter than U2 right now, considering the fact U2 are now only sporadically playing one of the best songs on tour, The Electric Co.

U2 aren't some gods who always know better than any of their fans, you know.

Axver said:

I'd say a good number of fans here are smarter than U2 right now, considering the fact U2 are now only sporadically playing one of the best songs on tour, The Electric Co.

U2 aren't some gods who always know better than any of their fans, you know.

You're right, U2 is in the middle of one of the most successful tours of all time, they must be idiots.

Dusty Bottoms said:

You're right, U2 is in the middle of one of the most successful tours of all time, they must be idiots.

Wow, your comprehension skills are brilliant. I bet you topped English at school. Have a trophy.

Dusty Bottoms said:

I know somewhere you can stick that trophy.

Up with all the other trophies you've won for your supreme mastery of the English language and logic?

Dusty Bottoms said:

I don't think the mods would appreciate such insults.

Funny, because there aren't any insults if you literally interpret what I've written.

Of course, considering the fact you have slung insults, you clearly know what they are. Pot, meet kettle.

Axver said:

Funny, because there aren't any insults if you literally interpret what I've written.

Of course, considering the fact you have slung insults, you clearly know what they are. Pot, meet kettle.

You started it.

Axver said:

Wow, you're mature, let's start a finger-pointing match!

All I did was say I enjoyed The Fly -> WOWY transition. Apparently you can't respect a person's opinions without hurling insults. You have a lot of growing up to do, junior.

Dusty Bottoms said:

All I did was say I enjoyed The Fly -> WOWY transition. Apparently you can't respect a person's opinions without hurling insults. You have a lot of growing up to do, junior.

All I did was say that The Fly --> WOWY is an appalling transition (which, for the record, is a widely accepted opinion in these parts, though majority acceptance doesn't necessarily prove anything). You seem to have taken my denunciation of the transition as some kind of insult.

By the way, cut the ageism. It's making you look really silly.

Axver said:

All I did was say that The Fly --> WOWY is an appalling transition (which, for the record, is a widely accepted opinion in these parts, though majority acceptance doesn't necessarily prove anything). You seem to have taken my denunciation of the transition as some kind of insult.

By the way, cut the ageism. It's making you look really silly.

Apparently you think a lot of your opinions should be considered fact. Well I've got a fact for you, any setlist U2 chooses to play will be perfect.

Dusty Bottoms said:
Well I've got a fact for you, any setlist U2 chooses to play will be perfect.

:|

You have got to be kidding.

If you're not, you clearly have no grasp on reality. I'm sorry, but U2 aren't gods. They're human. Their sets can - and do! - have flaws. I hate to break that to you, but it's true.

Axver said:

:|

You have got to be kidding.

If you're not, you clearly have no grasp on reality. I'm sorry, but U2 aren't gods. They're human. Their sets can - and do! - have flaws. I hate to break that to you, but it's true.

They could play Grace 22 times in a row and people would still get their money's worth as it would blow away any other show out there.

I came to this board because I thought I'd find other U2 "fans," but I guess I came to the wrong place.

Back
Top Bottom