Vertigo 2006 encore... - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > U2 Setlists
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2005, 04:11 AM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
I hope you're enjoying the trophy in your display cabinet beside the English comprehension one.
Indeed, thanks junior.

Old 12-09-2005, 04:12 AM   #47
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip

Indeed, thanks junior.
Anytime, grumpy old sod!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 12-09-2005, 04:18 AM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip

Indeed, thanks junior.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:09 AM   #49
Refugee

Local Time: 04:14 AM
I´m with you Axver

a question for U Chizip... are you from United States, aren´t you?...

In the States you are so used to see 20000 times U2 live, anytime you want, right?. How many of you have you seen U2 live more than once in any Tour?... that´s because you have the possibility to catch them live 3 or 4 times in the same city...

Here in Chile we had only one chance to see them Live in 1998 (of course I was there ) and now we´ll have another ONE chance to see them live again

so, why I´m writing all these things?...

Chizip, try to see our way. In many places U2 don´t stay for more than a couple of days and perform one gig, so it´s absolutely annoying when they perform a crappy bland setlist as what they are playing nowadays.
Axver is totally right in his points, must we accept EVERY U2 half worked setlist just because it´s the setlist they spit us?

I´m not afraid at all to say that U2 haven´t been intelligent at all, when it´s clear that many fans here as well in another forums hate the setlist, and are begging for changes and other songs. Some ones ask Mofo, others ask Running To Stand Still, others ask even more unusual songs like Dirty Day or Acrobat, etc. The point is that the fans have the right to express their feelings !!.

We aren´t lambs, we´re people with our own minds and points of view. We buy U2 items, we attend to their concerts, we support the band... so why do we can´t ask for something better?

Peace
Old 12-09-2005, 11:07 AM   #50
War Child

Local Time: 08:14 AM
Okay, it's nice to dream...

but because they're playing Chile (once for now?) wouldn't it be great if they submitted a list of songs that the Chilean fans could vote on and therefore they could please (Please ) the majority of Chilean fans?

With the option of the band choosing which songs are included on the list then they won't be 'forced' to play songs that they are unhappy with performing.

ARE YOU LISTENING BONO???
ARE YOU LISTENING U2???
MAKE HISTORY!!!

Oh, well! We can but dream...
Old 12-09-2005, 12:25 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2mixer
Okay, it's nice to dream...

but because they're playing Chile (once for now?) wouldn't it be great if they submitted a list of songs that the Chilean fans could vote on and therefore they could please (Please ) the majority of Chilean fans?

With the option of the band choosing which songs are included on the list then they won't be 'forced' to play songs that they are unhappy with performing.

ARE YOU LISTENING BONO???
ARE YOU LISTENING U2???
MAKE HISTORY!!!

Oh, well! We can but dream...

and that's how we'll end up with Pride, One, and Streets...

I don't care, as long as they play ELECTRIC CO, MIRACLE DRUG and THE FLY I'll be a happy man (maybe Zoo Station)

I know it'll be nice to hear Mofo or that sweet new Discotheque , but they already played those here... and Zoo Station and The Fly not. I rather hear those... but that doesn't mean I won't be jumping if they play Disco or MOFO

that, and maybe if they let me play drums for Fast Cars , it will be perfect...

and no, we don't need VERTIGO 2, as much fun as that is, because at 9 pr 10, when the concert starts, it'll already be dark... so they better start with COBL and the confetti
Old 12-09-2005, 04:14 PM   #52
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 12:14 AM
chances of them starting with COBL are very high. I don't care what they play so long as they don't do a song twice....be happy for whatever you get! Hold up signs, if you can talk to the band if you are lucky enough to meet them then ask for requests....one never knows if they will change the set lists or not!
Old 12-09-2005, 05:49 PM   #53
The Fly

Local Time: 07:14 AM
Quote:

Now you're just deliberately trying to get a rise out of me. I'm not going to dignify you with any more replies. Stop acting like a three year old.
I'd kindly request that you stop being so ageist.

EDIT: OH, and by the way:

"They've been creating their own setlists before you were even born, junior. I think I'll trust the professionals."

"Yay for ageism!"

More like Yay for experience!
Old 12-09-2005, 07:20 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:14 AM
Yay for closed thread!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 08:02 PM   #55
War Child

Quote:

It's as bad a pairing as SBS followed by Stuck on Elevation
Sunday Bloody Sunday - Wake Up Dead Man - Stuck In A Moment was one of the best parts of the Elevation setlist.

What didn't you like about it, Ax?
Old 12-09-2005, 08:23 PM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ponkine
I´m with you Axver

a question for U Chizip... are you from United States, aren´t you?...

In the States you are so used to see 20000 times U2 live, anytime you want, right?. How many of you have you seen U2 live more than once in any Tour?... that´s because you have the possibility to catch them live 3 or 4 times in the same city...

Here in Chile we had only one chance to see them Live in 1998 (of course I was there ) and now we´ll have another ONE chance to see them live again

so, why I´m writing all these things?...

Chizip, try to see our way. In many places U2 don´t stay for more than a couple of days and perform one gig, so it´s absolutely annoying when they perform a crappy bland setlist as what they are playing nowadays.
Axver is totally right in his points, must we accept EVERY U2 half worked setlist just because it´s the setlist they spit us?

I´m not afraid at all to say that U2 haven´t been intelligent at all, when it´s clear that many fans here as well in another forums hate the setlist, and are begging for changes and other songs. Some ones ask Mofo, others ask Running To Stand Still, others ask even more unusual songs like Dirty Day or Acrobat, etc. The point is that the fans have the right to express their feelings !!.

We aren´t lambs, we´re people with our own minds and points of view. We buy U2 items, we attend to their concerts, we support the band... so why do we can´t ask for something better?

Peace
oh i know, i was just playing a little joke on Axver

i totally agree that theyve made some poor setlist decisions.

it seems like the always take out their best songs to create variation, and it makes me scratch my head.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:43 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Old 12-10-2005, 02:53 AM   #58
ONE
love, blood, life

I wish I were allowed to have alters
Old 12-10-2005, 03:05 AM   #59
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:14 AM