Vancouver rehearsal songs from tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MISTER MACPHISTO

Babyface
**************SPOILERS*************

This is just in case nobody has posted anything regarding rehearsal songs yet.
Tonight my friends and I were lucky enough to hear some great music coming from the inside of GM Place. We gathered outside of the arena between the hours of 6pm and 11:30pm tonight and this is what we heard. In no particular order.

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Stuck In A Moment
Love And Peace Or Else
Out Of Control
City Of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You
Yahweh
Bad
Beautiful Day
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
Walk On
Elevation
One
I Still Haven't Found
Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Bullet The Blue Sky
With Or Without You
Running To Stand Still

There were only about a dozen people listening tonight and I'm sure that we all had the time of our lives.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Thank you SO MUCH for that update. We knew The Fly, Bullet, and RTSS had been done but nothing else. This is exactly the spoiler I wanted. :drool:

When they play One/Yahweh/40 as the encore, you can say I called it first. I've been calling it for over a month on the setlist forum, and look at what three songs are in that list. I'm becoming slightly confident ...

I feel a little let down by that list....not sure what I was expecting tho.

Well, def. not Ele-fuckin-vation and Walk On! Nor 'Stuck' either really. I thought maybe now was also the time to drop 'With or Without You', but obviously not.
So the only 'Suprise' out of that lot of songs, would be 'RTSS', out of all the rumoured stuff that is.

Oh well, there' still plenty of time I guess - i'm still hoping to see 'A Celebration' / 'Ultraviolet' / 'Lemon' or 'Stories 4 Boys' crop up, as the rumours just keep spinning round my head (like a certain lady):dance:

:wink:

Its still early. I think they are just nailing down the ones that don't need any work. They will go deeper.

This is amazing.. thanks so much for this MISTER MACPHISTO. If you go again, can you email me?

Thanks!

Damn. I so hate this list of songs. Excluding Running To Stand Still and the new songs, this doesn't thrill me whatsoever. I Still Haven't Found, Pride, Stuck, fuckin' ELEVATION!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

this is a list I expected from the band. I am dissapointed in the ATYCLB songs, I loved them on the last tour but dont really want them on this one, except Kite and BD.

I also dont really want ISHF on this tour, I havent really even been in love with it live, but after the JT tour, didnt really care for it. Thought it was almost..."not good" on the third leg of Elevation.

Maybe they got inspired by the Hall of fame performance.

I must say I'm pretty dissapointed in the list. I don't want U2 to turn into want the Stones do every tour. I'm praying they play some more rare material. I'll be happy if they play Unforgettabl Fire, Lemon and Ultraviolet. I'm just sick of hearing the following:

Bullet
ISHFWILF
Pride
New Years Day
With or Without You

Please mix it up.

zoopop said:
I must say I'm pretty dissapointed in the list. I don't want U2 to turn into want the Stones do every tour. I'm praying they play some more rare material. I'll be happy if they play Unforgettabl Fire, Lemon and Ultraviolet. I'm just sick of hearing the following:

Bullet
ISHFWILF
Pride
New Years Day
With or Without You

Please mix it up.
Again YOUR sick of it, but people going to see them for the first time might be looking forward to hearing the songs you mentioned

Please god let them rehearse songs in addition to these. Will we really hear four or five ATYCLB songs?? Where the hell are the 90s songs?

It sounds like they don't want to disappoint the casual fan who only knows their biggest hits. They wanted to teach the garage bands a lesson and show that even though they are in their 40s they can still rock better, this setlist does not do that. I fear they might turn into a wedding band.

:lol: Hilarious, setlist freak outs two weeks before they have even played a show.

Yeah, U2 are a wedding band alright. Thats why they have soldout their entire tour. People must love wedding bands!! Ridiculous. My suggestion is to save ALL of us some time and simply not go. Someone will be perfectly happy to use your tickets I'm sure and they will have the time of their lives.

Uninspiring list...please, all you first timers--go now---I'll wait for the third leg when they might actually start playing some songs I want to hear.

Who cares the 2 are coming !!!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't overeact here! i too am tired of hearing pride, but did you really think they won't play it at all during the whole tour? I hope they have a good mix of hits / new stuff / rare stuff which they usually do, so i'm not too worried.

Everybody has their favorite songs which won't be played. It's normal for a great band like u2...

Keep in mind, through the whole Elevation tour, the boys played about 45 songs. This list is only 21 songs. They will mix it up as they go along.

Once again, it's hilarious how everyone's overreacting to a rumored batch of songs that U2 rehearsed. By no means does it mean that those are the only songs that are going to be played! By no means does it mean that this is a setlist!

Crap setlist for the 90's fan that is for sure. One song and that is quite appropriately One. Mmmm why stuck, elevation & walk on when they played them so much last time around seems a bit strange also. And why are they ALWAYS playing Pride, still havent found on every tour. Oh well I like to have a good moan, maybe the setlist will have changed quite a bit when they come to Manchester!

Remember, this is only one set of songs from one day of rehearsals. While some of us think that the members of U2 might actually be able to walk on water at times (admittedly myself included), their human form makes it simply impossible to play their entire catalogue all at once. They have to rehearse the new songs more frequently as they have not played them live as often as the older songs.

In Mexico (according to U2 Tours), ears on the ground in Rosarito heard a variety of older songs being rehearsed. If I remember correctly, "Lemon" was on that list.

Strength and courage people--they've still got a lot of rehearsing left between now and the dress rehearsal on the 26th. I'm sure they'll throw a few nuggets in the mix for those of old enough to have seen them in the early 80's.

rjhbonovox said:
Crap setlist for the 90's fan that is for sure. One song and that is quite appropriately One. Mmmm why stuck, elevation & walk on when they played them so much last time around seems a bit strange also. And why are they ALWAYS playing Pride, still havent found on every tour. Oh well I like to have a good moan, maybe the setlist will have changed quite a bit when they come to Manchester!

Again, this was not a setlist!!!

FullonEdge2 said:
Once again, it's hilarious how everyone's overreacting to a rumored batch of songs that U2 rehearsed. By no means does it mean that those are the only songs that are going to be played! By no means does it mean that this is a setlist!

THANK YOU. Good to see some common sense in all this over reaction.

THIS IS NOT A SET-LIST.

These are rehearsals, nothing to indicates that these songs will be played every night. Clearly they've been practicing tons of songs, like they do every time. Some of them will make it to the final set-list, some won't. Some will be played every night, some will be played occasionally. The list will change slightly from night to night, and will evolve as the tour moves on.

Everyone just needs to take a deep breath and chill-out before they start accusing U2 of being a Greatest Hits band, of not playing the song they want to hear, or playing songs they don't want to hear...

Back
Top Bottom