Vancouver rehearsal songs from tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll add to the "New Voices of Reason":

THIS IS NOT A SETLIST.

We have seen several lists of songs posted by those who claim to have heard the band rehearsing. A band practicing and running through songs is not the same as the final chosen songs, nor the running order of the show.

Frankly, the more they practice, and the more they play things from over the whole catalog, the better it will turn out for us on tour. They may catch some inspiration and even cook up multiple, or variable sets.

They may bestow upon us some of the unexpected gifts we've heard rumored, like Exit, Wire, Lemon, An Cat Dub/Into the Heart, Unforgettable Fire, Running to Stand Still, Ultraviolet or A Celebration.

Calm down, people. You can be realistic, and still have a little faith.

Axver said:
:drool: :drool: :drool:

When they play One/Yahweh/40 as the encore, you can say I called it first. I've been calling it for over a month on the setlist forum, and look at what three songs are in that list. I'm becoming slightly confident ...

Very predictable and not so difficult to guess. I really would like to see a complete setlist, since you are the setlist goeroe here:wink:

By the way, Bono will open the show with a mouth harp (intro of LAPOE)!

I don't see the big attraction to knowing the set list--I like surprises, not that I'll even get one since I'm not going to any concerts on this tour--once again I've been thwarted by the brainiacs of Principle who decided not to include Edmonton!!

THis almost makes me want to hate U2 (but I never could) and all the fans here who get to:blahblah: about going to not one, but multiple shows, and to hate myself for being so F@#$% poor!!

Sorry, but I just had to let it out!!! :scream: :scream:

Wow, some of you people are pathetic. Firstly, we have two songs on that list that haven't been played in ages - Running To Stand Still, which was last played in December 1993, and 40, which has only been played once full band and four times Bono-and-Edge since January 1990. Secondly, THIS IS THE TOUR IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE TOUR PROMOTING ATYCLB. Of course they're going to play ATYCLB songs, it's their second-most recent album! For goodness' sake! On every tour, they have played AT LEAST three songs from the previous album. While I am expecting only a couple of ATYCLB songs to make the cut, that would be quite an exceptional occurrence.

And finally, as the original poster said, this is NOT setlist, it's songs the band have rehearsed, listed in no particular order. If you're going to be that pissed about U2 playing songs that have worked WELL in the live arena for years, then just don't go, alright? Really, I don't see why some of you just aren't happy to be seeing U2!

Last edited:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T PLAY ELEVATION - C'MON YOU GUYS YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT!!! I could name 50 songs I'd rather hear you play - PLEASE RECONSIDER!!!!!!!

I could name 50 songs from the 90's I would rather hear live than some of them songs they are rehearsing. Who the fuc# wants to hear Pride, I Still Havent Found, Walk On, Elevation, Stuck....its just reading like a greatest hits tour.

rjhbonovox said:
I could name 50 songs from the 90's I would rather hear live than some of them songs they are rehearsing. Who the fuc# wants to hear Pride, I Still Havent Found, Walk On, Elevation, Stuck....its just reading like a greatest hits tour.

Umm .... people who like those songs alot. And maybe people who'll be seeing U2 for the first time in their lives.

Does anyone recall what was rehearsed in Miami prior to opening night in 2001 for Elevation Tour and how that compared with the actual 1st leg setlist?

I used to have this info but lost it a year ago when my computer went down.

I believe they rehearsed ISHFWILF, however, it only appeared once on the 1st leg. There probably were more songs like this. However, it doesn't mean they'd follow the same rehearsel to setlist pattern they did 4 years ago.

I believe 11 O'clock Tick Tock was also rehearsed for Elevation after appearing at two ATYCLB Promo Tour shows, but didn't make its Elevation appearance until 15 May.

And look, some of you need to shut up and get a grip. Recognise WHY U2 would play some of these songs - they're either recent numbers that people in the crowd know or songs that are proven to work extremely well in the live arena. Whether you like it or not, Walk On was a great closer and Pride gets massive crowd involvement. Personally, I'd like Walk On but it should be cut in favour of Crumbs, and I think Pride should go, but realistically ... they make sense.

:banghead: Exit... good head banging song.

(has anyone else used that emoticon in a positive light?)

zoopop said:
No one has really talked about it but, whats up with Electrical Storm?

Yeah, I was thinking about that yesterday when working on an imaginary setlist. You truly would have thought it would have been rehearsed by now. U2 ALWAYS, without exception, play their singles. Yet they've played THTBA and not ES ... bizarre. I'm still expecting ES, though. Maybe in Europe, where it had more chart success? Perhaps they will play THTBA in the US and then rotate Electrical Storm in at the European shows?

Can anyone who's been to GM Place give me a ballpark of when the rehearsals are going on? I'm about to check it out (should be there around 4pm). I imagine they might start earlier today and leave earlier, it being St. Patty's Day and all, right?

I really want to hear Elevation and A Celebration. They might go well back to back, who knows. But more than that, I would like to have a ticket. I lost out last weekend, and I'm extremely nervous about my chances this weekend (2nd Atlanta show). Maybe this "terrible" setlist will give me a fair chance of getting tickets, lol.

Btw, I can tell you for a fact that there are people out there that like Elevation: they are called U2 fans. :madspit:

Blue Room said:
:lol: Hilarious, setlist freak outs two weeks before they have even played a show.

Consider it a dry run. Or a rehearsal for the real thing. :wink:

mkdominatr said:
please post when you return!

Check out the Vancouver Spoilers thread. I was only there from 4:30-7 and I wish I could have stayed longer but a red-eye flight outta Vancouver tomorrow says otherwise. Good luck and have fun to anyone who goes on Friday and Saturday!

I actually brought a tape recorder but even when you press your face against the glass, you can only hear it pretty muffled. And if you're outside of the arena, you can just hear Larry killing on those drums. I came prepared though. :)

Why are there so many supposedly U2 fans complaining over some of the songs they've been rehearsing?

So what if they are playing WOWY, PRIDE, and others that you people that go to multiple shows are tired of. I could care less if I heard those songs every night live for the whole tour. I love U2 no matter what they play.

They are U2, remember, and many of those songs are priceless and in demand by many who can't afford to go to mulitple shows.

My wife is going to see U2 with me for the first time ever, and she really wants to hear WOWY live.

Come people, quit being selfish. U2 isn't and that's why they are the greatest band in the world!

Quit complaining or else give you tickets up!

uuu222 said:
Why are there so many supposedly U2 fans complaining over some of the songs they've been rehearsing?

So what if they are playing WOWY, PRIDE, and others that you people that go to multiple shows are tired of. I could care less if I heard those songs every night live for the whole tour. I love U2 no matter what they play.

They are U2, remember, and many of those songs are priceless and in demand by many who can't afford to go to mulitple shows.

My wife is going to see U2 with me for the first time ever, and she really wants to hear WOWY live.

Come people, quit being selfish. U2 isn't and that's why they are the greatest band in the world!

U2 could cover Ashlee Simpson songs for two hours and I'd go. Some of these whiny bastards would complain about the setlist if U2 played for free in their backyards. Fuck 'em, who cares 10 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:yes:

Amen uuu222. This being my first U2 concert does not make me less of a U2 fan. (Although I am relative to some of the other fans I met today after getting my ass handed to me with their superior U2 knowledge!) It makes me a poor college kid. I'll be happy to watch them scratch their armpits for 2 hours. Sue me for wanting to hear a few of the classics, eh?

Last edited:
uuu222 said:

:yes: Exactly!

I was just thinking that if it hadn't been for all the whining about Pride being boring these days on these boards, I would still consider hearing Pride as a fantabulous experience.

Pride could be slowed down so much it could be a damn ballad, and it would still be a must live because of the crowd participation. At the DC elevation show, the crowd was so loud I could barely hear Bono sing "in the name of love...."

chills :bow:

uuu222 said:

:up: Excellent post!

Agree with uuu222, but...
The "truth" about Pride is, that the "Elevation tour" version was far from "Joshua tree tour" as regards the amount of passion.
But maybe this is an issue that mostly refers to us fans sitting at home comparing different live videos, etc.
'Cause in the actual live situation, Pride is ALWAYS great!

Back
Top Bottom