Until The End Of The World will forever be included, whether you like it or not...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
It has been played since 1992, and it is not necessarily a released single, but Bono believes in it, and it has a sentimental value to it, the story of Jesus and Judas, I can't really explain it much myself, but it's such a strong song -- that like Bullet stay on the tour for their message.

UTEOTW boring?? :ohmy:

That song never gets old - so much intensity at the end plus one of the greatest riffs in history. Every performance I've ever seen the crowd goes nuts. I think it will stick around for a while.

u2valleygirl said:
I love it. I don't know about the Jesus Judah thing though.

The whole song is about Jesus' betrayal by Judas told by Judas (as if Bono is Judas). Pretty ironic since today is Holy Thursday and tomorrow is Good Friday.

I kissed your lips and you broke my heart...

XBL

UTEOTW is probably their best written piece of music.. if it was just an instrumental it would still be kickass

I really didnt appreciate UTTOTW live, until I saw the R&RHOF, and I woke up, and realized that is awesome live. I always loved the studio version, but I cant wait to see it live on tour!

The band clearly loves the song, so I think we have to just accept it. I hope they still do the bullfight. It's weird, but intresting.

I don't see how it can get any better than Boston '01 DVD, but it wouldn't bother me if they tried beating it.

nicholsfornixon said:
I love the song, but it's getting boring, as is Bullet. I just hope the band comes to the same conclusion, too.
LOL i love the way people say its boring, what about the people who have never seen it live before? wont be boring to them, but oh wait your just so greedy because you have possibly seen them sooo many times before that you now want it to be a tailor made show of what YOU like

Until The End Of The World is their best song. I don't care what you say, but this song is what makes them the greatest band ever to me.

Streets is getting boring though.

I love Until the end of the world and I love Streets and I can't wait for tour to come to europe!

It's a great live tune...not just musically but the band are able to give it a real stage performance too....well Bono and Edge are anyway!!

I'm ok with UTEOTW sticking around. It RAWKS !

Bullet live, is still amazing to me too. Can you believe that song is 18 years old ?!?! Still sounds sweet.

I LOVE UTEOTW and would hate if they didn't play it anymore. That would really suck! It's a great song, awesome riff, amazing ending, a crowd pleaser! And they seem to love playing it!!! I think that like some other songs, like Bullet and Pride, they might not play it every night but I think (and hope) that it will be played. :yes:

I agree. It is a mainstay. not necessarily a Must in the same vain as Streets(basically the only 100% must song) but it's one of their best songs live in my opinion and it's just a great song, especially at the begining of the show where it seems to mesh the new stuff with the older stuff seamlessly.

bcrt2000 said:
UTEOTW is probably their best written piece of music.. if it was just an instrumental it would still be kickass

Wow. Are you kidding me? I mean, I've seen a lot of ridiculous posts on here, but I think this one takes the cake.

What the hell are people talking about on this forum. I've never seen so much UTEOFTW bashing in my life. This song should be played at every concert ever. I don't even care if its a barry manilow concert. it must be played.

KUEFC09U2 said:
LOL i love the way people say its boring, what about the people who have never seen it live before? wont be boring to them, but oh wait your just so greedy because you have possibly seen them sooo many times before that you now want it to be a tailor made show of what YOU like

I first saw them on the Joshua Tree tour so I'd love to see some of these songs, losing "Pride" and others that have been played forever, but you've made a very good point.

RademR said:
UTEOTW = every gig

Not at last night's rehearsal gig..........but yeah, I have a feeling it will pop up at most of the shows........I think the band will have plenty of songs that will show up every other night (or even every third or fourth night in some cities)........the rehearsal set was mostly them practicing stuff like "An Cat Dubh" and "Electric Co." which haven't been played in forever, along with testing songs that utilize other media......

Dalton said:

Name another song that is more complete musically that U2 has written.

Hey, don't get me wrong - I love the song, but I just think it's an outrageous claim that it's the single best piece of music that they've ever written. It's 3 chords and an easy solo. Granted, I didn't write it - it's a sick song - and much of what U2 does is based on emotion and feel, not intricacy. I would say though, that U2 has better songs. Of the 446 on the digital box set, I'd rather listen to maybe 20.

It all depends on the mood, and personal preference. But that just lends to my point: you cannot make the claim that it's the most complete and best song they've ever written.

I actually thought about that too, I mean that even if UTEOTW was instrumental it would still kick ass... I don´t know about the "best piece of music" thing but just listen to the song reaally loud and think about it without bono´s vocals. on the HTDAAB dvd larry said that "an instrumental version of a song can be quite monotone and linear" but I don´t think this belongs to that category. And I love it, I´m gonna be so happy if they play it.

This was quite a useless post, really. I´m just thinking out loud. Sorry. :reject:

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom