Unimpressive Setlists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
crosby87 said:
And you assclown Axver,you don't have any idea of what I'm talking right now big zero.

I don't think anyone has any idea of what you're talking about because your English is so appallingly terrible.

Did your dog eat your 'teach yourself English' book, forcing you to learn from the scraps he crapped out in the garden?

come on, you're both being childish here. Axver, may I suggest that maybe Crosby87's first language is not English. If so, I'd be willing to bet that his take on my native language would be better than mine on his. I agree with your points though.

RobH said:
What the hell happened to my thread?

It's been savaged by the confused and the angry. :ohmy:

I agree with you, Axver - crosby, I'm sorry, but "Running To Stand Still" isn't a damn b-side. It's one of the most beloved tracks from one of U2's most beloved albums of all time. That does not a b-side make. Just because they haven't played it for years doesn't make it a b-side - it just makes it a rarely played album track like dozens of others.

I don't have a huge problem with the setlists - yeah, I'm pretty tired of hearing what are often uninspired versions of "Pride," et. al., but more than anything, I'm disappointed that they aren't doing the thing they'd talked about doing - a couple of really varied setlists for the multi-night stands. When I think 'varied,' I think Pearl Jam, R.E.M., Springsteen - bands that stay in tune with their back catalog in the live setting so as to pull off anything at any given time. That's the thrill of the live show, much of the time.

That said, U2 are my favorite band, so I love hearing whatever they play - but it's a shame they don't follow this kind of practice. I've seen R.E.M. four times in the last couple of years, and I can't tell you how many old and oddball songs I've gotten to hear - the R.E.M. equivalents of "Twilight," "Wire," "Surrender," etc. It makes a tour feel like more of an experience than just a 'hits review,' you know?

Funny that this I hear this same complaint from casual U2 fans sometimes - people who might not have all the albums, but have favorites and don't necessarily want to hear all the hits - I mean, I have friends who LIKE U2, not LOVE the way I do or we all do, but they'd much rather hear "Ultraviolet" or "Love Is Blindness" than "Pride" or "ISHFWILF."

Last edited:
Axver said:

If it weren't for the fact that they sound so good, I'd almost be prepared to argue that they could still cut a few.

Then again, I'm an eighties fan who is not expecting his perfect setlist to be played any time soon.

I can't see any more cutting :shrug:

Yeah - the setlists are short enough as it is. Any more cutting and I'd feel legitimately ripped off.

My exact points, Frozen, in my 2nd and 3rd posts before this degenerated into an insult fest.

frozenmuze04 said:
Yeah - the setlists are short enough as it is. Any more cutting and I'd feel legitimately ripped off.

I didn't mean cutting songs out to shorten the set. I meant cutting out the regulars and bringing in something more exciting. i.e. get rid of Pride for Crumbs and One for Hawkmoon 269.

RA-D said:
come on, you're both being childish here. Axver, may I suggest that maybe Crosby87's first language is not English. If so, I'd be willing to bet that his take on my native language would be better than mine on his. I agree with your points though.

I really don't care what crosby's native language is (though I'm willing to bet it's Hairy Babboon Talk). He's a proven troll who just goes around insulting U2's setlists and songs, and demanding that they play a few of his personal favourites. I'm tired of his trolling behaviour and I don't see why he hasn't been banned yet.

I remember Adam said in an interview they rehearsed 8 songs.

Vertigo, Miracle Drug, Sometimes, Love and peace, City, All because, Original and Yahweh. I think Crumbs would fit into the African themed trilogy with Streets and One but :shrug:
and I will be extremely surprised if anything other than the Desire/All I want is you/Angel of Harlem makes it live on this tour.

Then again, this tour is full of surprises.

Last edited:
This thread is sad to say the least.

It's a shame people cannot just have a discussion without resorting to name calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom