U2 should open with "All Because Of You"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4U2Play

Refugee
"All Because Of You" sounds pretty tame on the album, I think, but the live version totally rocks.

Listen to the San Jose 2 bootleg, "ABOY" really jumps... Edge's guitar sounds great, Larry is really pounding the drums, the whole song is sped up.

Start with "ABOY", then into "Vertigo", "Elevation" "Electric Co", "Gloria", etc, crowd will be going nuts.

The only thing they should do is play bad, wow what an unreal performance from the other night :drool: :drool:

I dunno, I've just always gotten the feeling that it shouldn't open. I think it needs to be vertigo, and I almost like LAPOE later in the set. I like COBL as an opener since it's such a dramatic song live, even though it doesn't rock as much. I don't think ABOY should be that late in the set either

I really like COBL as the opener. Vertigo is great, and works early in the show. LOPOE works best in the middle. ABOY is just awsome live, as are the rest of the new songs, and it would be interesting to see open.

Yeah, I know not much help. They could open with BINGO and I would be happy :giggle:

I am kind of leaning towards ABOY opening as well--at the very least, it does not belong at the end of the show--just doesn't work there--I will say that I saw bothCOBL and LAPOE open, and LAPOE was really incredible asa an opener--but iut also works later on as well.

I agree, the opener should be a rocking song. Either ABOY or Vertigo should be the opener, to really feed the energy in the arena. COBL would be better placed to start the 2nd encore. Eg. COBL, Yahweh, 40.

Sken

ABOY and LAPOE shouldn't even be played . They're dropping WoWY and ISHFWILF for these crap songs
Well they are promoting their latest album, so ABOY and LAPOE do really need to be played. Its like saying they shouldnt play Streets and Bullet during the Joshua Tree tour, only to play Boy and War songs that everybody knows.

Granted WOWY would be nice, and they probably will play it more often that not, I guess they are just trying to find their feet now and establish which songs are working and which are not in this new set. There are probably a heap of songs that they will play that we have not seen yet.

BTW you should really try to get the DVD boot of the Vertigo tour, LAPOE really rocks.

Actually I just noticed you live in Australia, so if you like send an email to skenrangerone@yahoo.com and I'll post one out to you.

Cheers
Sken

By the way, how do you excerpt someone else's post in your post?
There's a quote button above where you type your msg.

Hope that helps.
Sken

I Like the openers for this tour so far.

So, why not have U2 close with a fast song for a change....ABOY could be a great song to close with!
Swtich ABOY and 40 around.
Have them come back on stage after 40, with Edges intro....I'd like to see it happen.

I'm hoping they add on ISHFWILF by the time they come back to the states in the fall. I'd love to see them perform that live when I go.

Back
Top Bottom