U2 have a chance of making a very interesting setlist variation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
After the 1st night in Toronto, the following songs were not played that appeared regularly (more or less):

Out of Control
An Cat Dubh
Into the Heart
The Ocean
Gloria
New Year's Day
Bad
Running To Stand Still
All I Want Is You
Until the End of the World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Mysterious Ways
Original of the Species
Party Girl

If Edge is honest in what he's saying about his biggest fears, ALL of these 14 songs should appear in the following 3 nights.

And let's pray for the long rumored and reportedly soundchecked CRUMBS, Electrical Storm, Even Better Than the Real Thing, Please, Stuck in a Moment (I know, I know, but the supposed acoustic version could be interesting)... There could be more surprises.
C'mon, U2, throw us a bone. In a Little While? That only leaves the fans more hungry! And hurry up with the Pop songs...

To add to your list, they played Desire and She's A Mystery To Me on the promo tour, Spanish Eyes was soundchecked and almost played, and the acoustic A Man And A Woman on the ABOY single has already caused speculation that it will appear live. So there's definitely a large line-up of songs they have played/could play, and I really don't see a valid reason to not play them.

Just to show an example of what U2 COULD do with material that has either 1. already been played or 2. been soundchecked.

Night One

1. Vertigo
2. I Will Follow
3. The Electric Co.
4. Elevation
5. Beautiful Day
6. In A Little While
7. All I Want Is You
8. City Of Blinding Lights
9. Original Of The Species
10. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
11. Love And Peace Or Else
12. Sunday Bloody Sunday
13. Bullet The Blue Sky
14. Miss Sarajevo
--- Human Rights ---
15. Pride
16. Where The Streets Have No Name
17. One
--- break ---
18. Zoo Station
19. The Fly
20. Mysterious Ways
--- break ---
21. All Because Of You
22. Fast Cars
23. Yahweh
24. 40

Night Two

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Out Of Control
4. The Electric Co.
5. Elevation
6. Beautiful Day
7. Stay
8. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
9. Miracle Drug
10. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
11. Love And Peace Or Else
12. Sunday Bloody Sunday
13. Bullet The Blue Sky
14. Running To Stand Still
--- Human Rights ---
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. Crumbs From Your Table
17. One
--- break ---
18. Mofo
19. Discotheque
20. Even Better Than The Real Thing
--- break ---
21. All Because Of You
22. Gloria
23. Yahweh
24. Bad

Night Three
1. Love And Peace Or Else
2. Vertigo
3. Electrical Storm
4. The Electric Co.
5. An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
6. City Of Blinding Lights
7. Beautiful Day
8. Miracle Drug
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
10. New Year's Day
11. Please
12. Sunday Bloody Sunday
13. Bullet The Blue Sky
14. Miss Sarajevo
--- Human Rights ---
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. Crumbs From Your Table
17. Pride
--- break ---
18. Until The End Of The World
19. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
20. With Or Without You
--- break ---
21. Desire
22. All Because Of You
23. Yahweh
24. 40

WHY don't they do this? I haven't even used all the songs they have played/soundchecked in the HTDAAB era. They CAN do this. It does not compromise the theme of the show a jot. So why don't they do it?

Come on Axver! I totally agree with you on more setlist changes, but seriously: A U2 show without One??? I don't think the 99% non-fanatic people out there would think that is a good idea, hehe...

Besides that, you have some great setlists there. Personally I think Vertigo is better later in the set than in the beginning. Actually I thought it was the perfect closer in Oslo and Gothenburg. Kinda a way to get out the last of our energy! WILD!

I think there are a few tracks that is before Desire in line. At least they have to come up with a new way of doing it... The Elevation version is so.... eh.... Elevation Tour... Don't think it fits this tour...

What would fit GREAT is "I Fall Down" from October. A great, straight forward rock song, which fits nice in the early Vertigo set...

I also think OOTS can swap with Yahweh... At least for a night or too...

There are a many more changes before I have my dream setlist, but that setlist wouldn't fit the Vertigo theme... Basically I'm very pleased with this tours set. It really feels like a whole...

For the bootlegs etc. I would love some more changes, but live I didn't care. I went to Oslo and Gothenburg, and the only change was Party Girl for Yahweh, but the shows were 120% perfect anyway!

Back
Top Bottom