two songs that would flow well (I think)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earthshell

The Fly
I have been thinking that it would be cool if the band played Wake Up Dead Man into Beautiful Day. I think that these two songs show both sides of the band. In WUDM, Bono is wondering where God is in the world (i think), and why the world is soo messed up. And then in beautiful day it is the complete opposite. I think it woujld just be cool if they played these 2 songs together. Your thoughts?

yeah, perhaps. i like the contrasting thoughts from each that you mentained. but its also important to think of how well musically they would mesh. maybe if wudm was a slow acoustic number like how they've been playing it on the elevation tour, then into the opening chords of bday

I always liked the idea of Dirty Day into Beautiful Day, for the contrasting philosophies, ironic title juxtaposition, and I think they might have a similar bassline (or at list a sympathetic "pulse").

This is kind of off topic but I think "Running To Standstill" (the zoomerang version ) and "Where The Streets Have No Name" together would sound good.:wink:

Or just a full band "Wake Up, Dead Man" would be cool, really.

I have argued that Beautiful Day is the thematic sequel to Wake Up Dead Man.

I'd like to hear UTEOTW --> WUDM first, though.

earthshell said:
I have been thinking that it would be cool if the band played Wake Up Dead Man into Beautiful Day. I think that these two songs show both sides of the band. In WUDM, Bono is wondering where God is in the world (i think), and why the world is soo messed up. And then in beautiful day it is the complete opposite. I think it woujld just be cool if they played these 2 songs together. Your thoughts?

I agree and it would have been great on their last tour to end the main set before the encores. I don't think it would Fly on this tour though because it doesn’t fit with Bono's current Africa theme.

Back
Top Bottom