Toronto #3: ______ setlist ever!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bort269

War Child
Holy Crap!

I can't believe tonight's setlist!

What were they thinking when they dropped _______ and instead played ________ ?!?

Why the hell would they soundcheck ______ and not play it, what possible use does that have?

And they only played __ songs, what a bunch of lazy bastards!

I'm getting so sick of them playing _____ every night, but never playing the B-side ______, seriously... they are smoking crack!

I am so shocked and appalled, I don't think I will ever get over this... until tomorrow night's atrocious setlist choice.

Prepare to see more of the same.

Something like this:

Vertigo
Electric Co.
Elevation
Beautiful Day
Still Haven’t Found
City of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Where the Streets have no name
One

The Fly
With or Without You

All Because of You
Yahweh
Bad

Toronto #3: ______ setlist ever!!

the word I believe you're looking for is "average".

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Electric Co.
The Ocean
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love & Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
One (w/Daniel Lanois)
The Fly
With Or Without You

All Because Of You
Fast Cars
Yahweh
Out Of Control (with 4 fans playing, band took over at end)

Average indeed.:|

They must HATE playing different songs.

During the show (just before Fast Cars), Bono said that a fan had come up to him on the rail (outside the arena) today and complained that they never play anything "surprising." And Bono said "I knew what I wanted to say to him."

I always kind of cringe when Bono messes up the lyrics to "Pride" or something.

MrBrau1 said:
They must HATE playing different songs.

Well, to their credit, this is the first The Ocean in nearly four months, the fifth Out Of Control of tour (first in two months), and only the second Fast Cars EVER.

And for that matter, it's the first time something other than Vertigo has opened for nearly four months.

So give them a little credit for this one.

When U2 play their concerts they are playing them for the people there that night, not the people there the night before, or the people who come to this board and compare each show.

I am sure my words are not going to have much of an effect because the 'other side' of the argument has made that point many times. People can have their opinions but I wish the people complaining would see the other side of the argument and not act like U2 has lost a step or is ripping fans off because of their repetitive setlist selection.

MrBrau1 said:

We're not good enough to play songs w/o 3 weeks of practice and the computer programming?

The 4 chords of Gone are very hard.

Gone?
seriously?
that's it, that's all it would take for you?
All your bitching and you just wanted them to play Gone?

Not: Crumbs? Electrical Storm? Mercy? Acrobat?

All this loathing for Gone?

Wow... and I was almost expecting that you wouldn't be pleased unless they dug up Johnny Cash and sang The Wanderer or something....

Gone? you've got to be fucking kidding me!

bort269 said:

Gone?
seriously?
that's it, that's all it would take for you?
All your bitching and you just wanted them to play Gone?

Not: Crumbs? Electrical Storm? Mercy? Acrobat?

All this loathing for Gone?

Wow... and I was almost expecting that you wouldn't be pleased unless they dug up Johnny Cash and sang The Wanderer or something....

Gone? you've got to be fucking kidding me!

If you were 1/2 the stalker you're pretending to be, you'd know I'd love to hear all those songs.

Take Bono's pecker out of your mouth.

This was my first Vertigo show, and I thought it was phenomenal. I've been avoiding reading the Toronto setlists to avoid spoiling any surprises, so when they kicked into Fast Cars, I was blown away. I thought we were going to get When Love Comes To Town for BB King's birthday, but oh well.

The bottom line is that all the setlist whining in the world won't detract from the fact that this show was amazing.

For the fourth show? Probably a few last-night curveballs....they haven't played New Year's Day, Gloria, All I Want Is You or An Cat Dubh in TO yet, so maybe those are due. Or who knows, maybe another song will make its tour (or live) debut.

Looks pretty decent to me.

Tell me about any other band out there that doesn't play the EXACT SAME SONGS every single night. Poor Oasis fans get the same songs no matter what, every single night. And they don't seem to be complaining.

This place is nothing but complaint central. Mostly by people that weren't there.

All I have to say is that anyone who actually went to the show (me, and all of the reviews I read) have nothing to complain about when its all said and done. Yes you wish a certain song is played, but their library is so huge now its unrealistic to expect them to play all the songs you want them to play. I think I still haven't found what I'm looking for, In a Little While and Bad were nice for Toronto 1/2, we didn't really get anything of that magnitude for Toronto 3, but by from what I've read from everyone who went to Toronto 3 and at least one of the other shows they think that Toronto 3 was the best.

Phi said:
Looks pretty decent to me.

Tell me about any other band out there that doesn't play the EXACT SAME SONGS every single night. Poor Oasis fans get the same songs no matter what, every single night. And they don't seem to be complaining.

This place is nothing but complaint central. Mostly by people that weren't there.

Pearl Jam is always the main argument, and if you look at all the bootlegs that they release for EVERY show, it is amazing that each show is completely different!

But as much as I love Pearl Jam, even if they played a show with all my favorite Pearl Jam songs, it would never compare to the most "boring setlist" U2 show... so who the fuck cares about other bands and what they do?

I would be happy to hear U2 do the Itsy Bitsy spider for 2 and a half hours. That being said I think Toronto 3 must've been wonderful.. as all the other shows were. I imagine whatever show you go to will ultimately become one of your favourites.

bort269 said:
Holy Crap!

I can't believe tonight's setlist!

What were they thinking when they dropped _______ and instead played ________ ?!?

Why the hell would they soundcheck ______ and not play it, what possible use does that have?

And they only played __ songs, what a bunch of lazy bastards!

I'm getting so sick of them playing _____ every night, but never playing the B-side ______, seriously... they are smoking crack!

I am so shocked and appalled, I don't think I will ever get over this... until tomorrow night's atrocious setlist choice.

Your post reminds me of the "Achtung" part of the show, when they flash all kinds of word structures on the screens...I like that part _____ and I _____

____ you very ____

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom