Toronto 2 Setlist - The boys at their very worst (Crap show)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono_man2002 said:
Listening to the show (which you can never compare to being there)
But I dont hear any crappyness.

The show wasn't that short!, San Deigo 1, was under 2 hours (pretty sure)

It was probably the greatest moment of my life. I'll take that kind of crappy in a heartbeat:drool: It was an awesome performance by the band, with an ordinary contribution from 'some' fans...but the sum total was pure brilliance.

With Or Without You...which is just concluding now.....Was Sensational!

What happend in All Because Of you?...it was instrumental for a little while there :)

Last edited:
bono_man2002 said:
With Or Without You...which is just concluding now.....Was Sensational!

What happend in All Because Of you?...it was instrumental for a little while there :)

That instrumental was Edge riffing away while Bono cleared his throat. It was actually cute to see live, with the two of them smiling through the mess-up. Bono then took a swig of his water bottle, and proceded with "I'm not broke, but you can see the cracks...."

Here's a clue, gang -- THEY DON'T WANT TO PERFORM FOR THE SAME GROUP OF FANS EVERY NIGHT.

They're not there to perform for the 20-30 people who show up endlessly and then complain about the changes. They're performing for/to the vast majority of people who are seeing them for the first time (and who won't, incidentally, show up here and bitch and moan about what they didn't play). You saw them Monday night, you saw them last night, you're seeing them again, and you're still complaining? Fine. Give me your ticket.

A 2-hour show is a 2-hour show. Pretty darn good in my opinion, and they didn't shortchange you either, mate -- they've played on average 20-22 songs a show for years. Don't believe me? Check out U2Tours.com -- even back in 1987, they were doing 20 songs a night.

Good Lord.

Last edited:
angelordevil said:

That instrumental was Edge riffing away while Bono cleared his throat. It was actually cute to see live, with the two of them smiling through the mess-up. Bono then took a swig of his water bottle, and proceded with "I'm not broke, but you can see the cracks...."

:)

Bad :up::up::up::up::up:

Awaiting to hear the first night, but the second night sounded fantastic off the recording.

Blue Room said:
@Zoomerang:
Since they continue to tour, they obviously dont feel they are not giving it a 100%. I dont get how the setlist that you dont like means they are not cutting it any longer? Sorry, but thats BS as usual. There are 10 times more fans that enjoy the setlist. You obviously want U2 to quit. You bring it up in every single one of these threads. Why dont YOU do most fans and U2 a favor and quit being a fan. Then everyone wins! :laugh:

I wouldn't appreciate if he left. So I guess everyone wouldn't win. That can only be from your perspective :hmm:

U2Man said:

I wouldn't appreciate if he left. So I guess everyone wouldn't win. That can only be from your perspective :hmm:

Read it again, I said MOST fans, not all. Most fans would win, maybe not everyone, but that was my point. SORRY I didnt meet your posting standards again. I guess I'm a piece of crap, like alot of other fans here. :laugh:

Maybe it should just be for the tour forum for Mr. Zoom. Because all that is contributed by him in this forum is negativity, or at least 90% negative.

Last edited:
oceane said:

Hey it's the quote where Willy talks about me right after!:hyper:

Yeah, that show was something, and yes, Montreal crowds are the best. FAR superior to Toronto or anywhere in North America. The entire place will stand up and sing and cheer from start to finish. And I don't say that because I'm from there... :wink:It's true. I'm really happy I'm in Toronto for the shows this week but broken-hearted that I won't make it to my hometown shows.:sad: I thought the crowd in the stands last night was not too good (but the floor was great) and that could have affected the show.

They`re LOUD but it`s just noise that they make - they don`t sing much imo...

Zoomerang96 said:

but if what anitram said is true, why on earth does bono have to leave TO to go to NYC? if he was indeed late as a result, shame on him. he has responsibilities, 20,000 of them waiting for him in canada. that's 7ust not cool.

20,000 fans in Canada or millions in Africa? Bono was in NYC for the UN World Summit - I think we should cut him some slack for leaving T.O. for THAT. :yes:

Blue Room said:

Read it again, I said MOST fans, not all. Most fans would win, maybe not everyone, but that was my point. SORRY I didnt meet your posting standards again. I guess I'm a piece of crap, like alot of other fans here. :laugh:

Maybe it should just be for the tour forum for Mr. Zoom. Because all that is contributed by him in this forum is negativity, or at least 90% negative.

Eh, not really necessary for me to read it again. You specifically concluded "Then everyone wins! :laugh:". Maybe YOU should read it again? :hmm:

Btw. I actually remember that Mr. Zoom posted some quite positive stuff the other day when most people here were excited about the reports of POP songs rehearsels. But maybe you choose to only read his negative posts? Oh wait, you said that he was only 90% negative, sorry.

Last edited:
U2Man said:

Well, I guess you're bringing the issue about being ungrateful up here. This is the one comment that I really cannot stand. The only reason why the 4 members of U2 are still touring is that THEY have decided to do so. Not a single person on this board decided it. So why are they still touring? Maybe they like making music? Maybe they like the fame? Maybe they like to be cheered by thousands of people? Maybe they like the billions of dollars they are making? Maybe all of the mentioned. But the fact of the matter is that anyone here has payed for his or her ticket. Nobody here has been "given" anything for free. So I don't really think that we're "lucky". U2 sells an article and we buy it and pay for it.

So I guess that entitles you to bitch and complain and give your opinion as I do which to tell you the truth is all good.
You were wrong about my original statement though. I didn't mean to say any of you whiners are ungrateful it just gets so tiresome to read the same drivel over and over again.

My original point was that when some one said they were "disapointed" Bad was played just really put me over the edge. It's kinda cool that we have a forum and we can throw things out on the table and debate them with some decorum and for the most part I just read these rantings and not even reply to them but that statement just really pissed me off.

Okay so I guess we're not lucky U2 is still touring. We should expect from them to rotate 15-20 songs every single night. On the Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby Tours they pretty much played the same songs EVERY single night. I saw them 12 times on those tours and you know what? My friends and I never bitched about them playing the same songs once. We felt we were LUCKY to have the resources and time to see them so much.

If your so disapointed then DON'T buy the product that they put out, I would bet that there isn't anyone holding a gun to your head making you to purchase everything that they put out.

Last edited:
YBORCITYOBL said:

So I guess that entitles you to bitch and complain and give your opinion as I do which to tell you the truth is all good.
You were wrong about my original statement though. I didn't mean to say any of you whiners are ungrateful it just gets so tiresome to read the same drivel over and over again.

My original point was that when some one said they were "disapointed" Bad was played just really put me over the edge. It's kinda cool that we have a forum and we can throw things out on the table and debate them with some decorum and for the most part I just read these rantings and not even reply to them but that statement just really pissed me off.

Okay so I guess we're not lucky U2 is still touring. We should expect from them to rotate 15-20 songs every single night. On the Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby Tours they pretty much played the same songs EVERY single night. I saw them 12 times on those tours and you know what? My friends and I never bitched about them playing the same songs once. We felt we were LUCKY to have the resources and time to see them so much.

If your so disapointed then DON'T buy the product that they put out, I would bet that there isn't anyone holding a gun to your head making you to purchase anything that they put out.

There clearly isn't, and I don't personally buy anything they put out. That includes concert tickets.

I don't think anyone here has demanded that they rotate 15-20 songs in one night, but just a few changes now and then in the *right* direction would be nice. Cutting 4 songs with only one song replacing them is not really the right direction, imo. I guess that's why someone said that Bad was kind of a disappointment here: there were reports of MOFO and Discotheque, four songs were taken out and in return we got one single song.

U2Man said:

Well, I guess you're bringing the issue about being ungrateful up here. This is the one comment that I really cannot stand. The only reason why the 4 members of U2 are still touring is that THEY have decided to do so. Not a single person on this board decided it. So why are they still touring? Maybe they like making music? Maybe they like the fame? Maybe they like to be cheered by thousands of people? Maybe they like the billions of dollars they are making? Maybe all of the mentioned. But the fact of the matter is that anyone here has payed for his or her ticket. Nobody here has been "given" anything for free. So I don't really think that we're "lucky". U2 sells an article and we buy it and pay for it.

True about buying the ticket. But last time I checked, it was not mandatory to purchase a U2 ticket. As was pointed out in the prior post. If you think its so bad, dont purchase the product. This is suppose to be a fun hobby. How does constantly criticizing the band for doing something they have always done make it fun?

I know the answer we get. "Well, we dont blindly follow everything the band does or agree, so we are speaking out". You know, I dont agree with everything the band does either. But I dont see why there is a need to broadcast that to everyone when most people are having fun and just enjoying the experience. Most of the U2 live experience is a great one. I dont understand the need to focus so much negativity and attention on the small portion that may not be for some. Its a waste of time.

As much as I hate to admit it :wink: I do agree with your assesment on the dropped four songs and replacing them with one. That was kinda cheesey.

I guess I agree with all the pre-concert talk of those POP songs maybe just got every one expecting a little bit more.:hmm:

Blue Room said:

True about buying the ticket. But last time I checked, it was not mandatory to purchase a U2 ticket. As was pointed out in the prior post. If you think its so bad, dont purchase the product. This is suppose to be a fun hobby. How does constantly criticizing the band for doing something they have always done make it fun?

I know the answer we get. "Well, we dont blindly follow everything the band does or agree, so we are speaking out". You know, I dont agree with everything the band does either. But I dont see why there is a need to broadcast that to everyone when most people are having fun and just enjoying the experience. Most of the U2 live experience is a great one. I dont understand the need to focus so much negativity and attention on the small portion that may not be for some. Its a waste of time.

Great Post Blue, I think you got my point across better than I did.:up:

Blue Room said:

Well, if you have an interest in something, if you enjoy something, a hobby, you want the thing you are spending your time and money on to be as perfect as possible. It's like building model railways! :wink: Have you ever had a hobby like that? If you had you would know that you want your railway to be as perfect as possible, and you see small errors everywhere in the landscape that needs improvement. And it's fun to point out the things that could be better and improve your project. This might be a lame analogy since people in here have no influence on U2 whatsoever, but I think that it in some way describes why people in here criticizes U2 so often. The band is indeed a hobby for them.

U2Man said:

Well, if you have an interest in something, if you enjoy something, a hobby, you want the thing you are spending your time and money on to be as perfect as possible. It's like building model railways! :wink: Have you ever had a hobby like that? If you had you would know that you want your railway to be as perfect as possible, and you see small errors everywhere in the landscape that needs improvement. And it's fun to point out the things that could be better and improve your project. This might be a lame analogy since people in here have no influence on U2 whatsoever, but I think that it in some way describes why people in here criticizes U2 so often. The band is indeed a hobby for them.

I will agree, it is a shakey analogy! :laugh: If the criticism/bitching here actually made a difference with U2 there would be a point. They could care less. But even using your analogy. Most people in that hobby dont constantly complain about how their model stinks. Odds are most of it makes them very happy. My point is, why dwell so much on the smaller negative part of the hobby? What purpose is that really serving? Some people here, that is pretty much all they do or a majority of what they do. I can even see venting every once and awhile. But its the same posters, posting the exact same things, every single time. We know your position on it. We dont need to hear it again and again. I guess we have alot of glass is 1/4 empty instead of 3/4th's full people around here. I dont think thats healthy at all. Seeing this band play live is a great experience regardless of what is being played. This is the time when U2 fans should be the happiest. Instead this forum turns into a cess pool of negative critics and bitchers. I just think thats pathetic and sad. :shrug:

Blue Room said:

I will agree, it is a shakey analogy! :laugh: If the criticism/bitching here actually made a difference with U2 there would be a point. They could care less. But even using your analogy. Most people in that hobby dont constantly complain about how their model stinks. Odds are most of it makes them very happy. My point is, why dwell so much on the smaller negative part of the hobby? What purpose is that really serving? Some people here, that is pretty much all they do or a majority of what they do. I can even see venting every once and awhile. But its the same posters, posting the exact same things, every single time. We know your position on it. We dont need to hear it again and again. I guess we have alot of glass is 1/4 empty instead of 3/4th's full people around here. I dont think thats healthy at all. Seeing this band play live is a great experience regardless of what is being played. This is the time when U2 fans should be the happiest. Instead this forum turns into a cess pool of negative critics and bitchers. I just think thats pathetic and sad. :shrug:

Only very few people solely writes posts saying "U2 sucks" or "U2 stinks" and these people aren't really worth paying attention to anyway. Regarding the hobby again, my point wasn't that people were dwelling on the negative part of it. Only that pointing out the things that could be improved is an important part of the fun and the hobby.

U2Man said:

Only very few people solely writes posts saying "U2 sucks" or "U2 stinks" and these people aren't really worth paying attention to anyway. Regarding the hobby again, my point wasn't that people were dwelling on the negative part of it. Only that pointing out the things that could be improved is an important part of the fun and the hobby.

Oh it can be. But that is seldom how it occurs here. You say the people that write the above things are not worth paying attention to. But there are alot of them here. I agree those are blatant attempts to get a rise out of people which I think is kind of pathetic and they should be ignored. My problem is with people that constantly complain under the guise of criticism. There is always an underlying negative tone with these people. There is a way to point out things you would like to see changed without being negative. Its all in how its approached. IE "I would love it if U2 would play Mofo and think it would make the tour even better". Instead of "They didnt play Mofo? This tour is weak." You tell me which one would fall under the fun discussion category and which falls into the cess pool category. Unfortunately the tour is weak version seems to appear more and I think that is a sad statement for alot of the fans here.

Blue Room said:

There is always an underlying negative tone with these people. There is a way to point out things you would like to see changed without being negative. Its all in how its approached. IE "I would love it if U2 would play Mofo and think it would make the tour even better". Instead of "They didnt play Mofo? This tour is weak." You tell me which one would fall under the fun discussion category and which falls into the cess pool category.

:up:

Blue Room said:

Oh it can be. But that is seldom how it occurs here. You say the people that write the above things are not worth paying attention to. But there are alot of them here. I agree those are blatant attempts to get a rise out of people which I think is kind of pathetic and they should be ignored. My problem is with people that constantly complain under the guise of criticism. There is always an underlying negative tone with these people. There is a way to point out things you would like to see changed without being negative. Its all in how its approached. IE "I would love it if U2 would play Mofo and think it would make the tour even better". Instead of "They didnt play Mofo? This tour is weak." You tell me which one would fall under the fun discussion category and which falls into the cess pool category. Unfortunately the tour is weak version seems to appear more and I think that is a sad statement for alot of the fans here.

Well I don't disagree with anything in your post here. If people do jump to the conclusion that the tour is weak solely on the premise that they didn't play MOFO, then they are missing something. That said, I do think, though, that a lot of people on this board are taking several comments about U2 here way to seriously. Sometimes you get the feeling that they are personally offended if you say something negative or just critical of U2, which really isn't healthy for this board either.

U2Man said:

Sometimes you get the feeling that they are personally offended if you say something negative or just critical of U2, which really isn't healthy for this board either.

I think some people take it personally because they are emotionally attached. Not necessarily to the band even, but to the show.

For example, if you went to a show that you thought was great and had a really wonderful time at, and then later read opinions from people critical of the show you went to, then you might get a little annoyed (especially if the other person didn't even go to the show). It's like people are not only criticizing the setlist or the show, they're also criticizing your perception and your experience. I know that doesn't make a whole lot of sense logically, but that's the way people react about stuff they care about :shrug:.

And yes, some people take the comments way to seriously, but some other people just want to say, "Hey, that's not my experience."

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

I think some people take it personally because they are emotionally attached. Not necessarily to the band even, but to the show.

For example, if you went to a show that you thought was great and had a really wonderful time at, and then later read opinions from people critical of the show you went to, then you might get a little annoyed (especially if the other person didn't even go to the show). It's like people are not only criticizing the setlist or the show, they're also criticizing your perception and your experience. I know that doesn't make a whole lot of sense logically, but that's the way people react about stuff they care about :shrug:.

And yes, some people take the comments way to seriously, but some other people just want to say, "Hey, that's not my experience."

Maybe. I have to say a few things about this, though. First of all, the people I was talking about here, I know for sure, didn't attend 99% of the shows where the setlist was being criticized. Secondly, if they really do think that it is their own perception and experience that is being attacked, then they are just completely wrong. The setlist, a completely non-human thing, is being attacked. A list of song names on a piece of paper. There really isn't much else to say about this.

Actually, I have the feeling, that most of the people who attended the show, don't really bother to go into these discussions, because they have their own first hand perception of the show, which is fine. As I see it, those are not really the people who are overreacting to these comments. Those who are, are the people who are solely defending U2 tirelessly, which is just as annoying as the lamest part of the negativity.

Was Toronto 2's "Bad" that bad????
How could they fuck up a masterpiece?????
Is someone just angry with them or was that nights version of "Bad" bad??????

U2Man said:

Those who are, are the people who are solely defending U2 tirelessly, which is just as annoying as the lamest part of the negativity.

Maybe, but you tell me which one is more positive towards something that is a hobby. This isnt politics, religion, or your livelihood. So I dont see them as worse or even the same as those that are constantly critical. At least they are trying to look at things from a positive perspective.

Last edited:
Blue Room said:

Maybe, but you tell me which one is more positive towards something that is a hobby. This isnt politics, religion, or your livelihood. So I dont see them as worse than those that are constantly critical. At least they are trying to look at things from a positive perspective.

I didn't say they were worse. I said they were just as annoying. To some of them, U2 really does seem to be some kind of religion. Not a good thing, if you ask me. Then it is no longer a hobby, it has become something it should not be.

I think a lot of the people in here who are complaining are misunderstood by some people. Just because you write a lot of critical posts doesn't mean that you dislike or hate U2 or the tour. I guess a lot of them are actually still enjoying U2's music - but would like them to do several things better than they are currently doing. After all, if we didn't care at all about U2 and just wanted them to quit, why bother posting any critical comment in here at all?

Last edited:
U2Man said:

I didn't say they were worse. I said they were just as annoying. To some of them, U2 really does seem to be some kind of religion. Not a good thing, if you ask me. Then it is no longer a hobby, it has become something it should not be.

I think a lot of the people in here who are complaining are misunderstood by some people. Just because you write a lot of critical posts doesn't mean that you dislike or hate U2 or the tour. I guess a lot of them are actually still enjoying U2's music - but would like them to do several things better than they are currently doing. After all, if we didn't care at all about U2 and just wanted them to quit, why bother posting any critical comment in here at all?

Well, you obviously quoted me before I had updated my post or you would have seen that I dont view the defenders as even the same level as the constant critics. But oh well. We can go round and round about this but its getting old. My bottom line is I dont understand the need to be constantly critical (and these posters I'm referring to seldom say anything positive about the band, even if they still enjoy them as you indicate) is fun or even healthy. Some criticism is ok, as long as it has a point and makes sense. Unfortunately that doesnt happen all that often. It why I was staying out of these forums over the last month for the most part. New shows caused me to look again. I should probebly just stay away because it just detracts from the fun of being a U2 fan and seeing them live. I honestly think the tour forums are about 50% a cess pool which is unfortunate.

Blue Room said:

Well, you obviously quoted me before I had updated my post or you would have seen that I dont view the defenders as even the same level as the constant critics. But oh well. We can go round and round about this but its getting old. My bottom line is I dont understand the need to be constantly critical (and these posters I'm referring to seldom say anything positive about the band, even if they still enjoy them as you indicate) is fun or even healthy. Some criticism is ok, as long as it has a point and makes sense. Unfortunately that doesnt happen all that often. It why I was staying out of these forums over the last month for the most part. New shows caused me to look again. I should probebly just stay away because it just detracts from the fun of being a U2 fan and seeing them live. I honestly think the tour forums are about 50% a cess pool which is unfortunate.

But I still don't understand how it detracts from the fun of being a U2 fan and seeing them live. It's just people's opinions, let them have them. Ignore them if you dislike them. My guess is that a lot of these people are actually too much of a fan, which is why they - sadly unrealistically - expect songs like One Tree Hill or Acrobat to turn up at a show. They go to a place like this to vent their anger at this not happening which is quite natural, since this is a board where they expect to meet other fans who would like to see this happen, too.

Sorry about the quote, btw. How was I to know that you were going to edit your post? :scratch:

Back
Top Bottom