Top 10 Most Played U2 songs, not on Vertigo (yet)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2DMfan

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
taken from that Axver site. http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/most-played-songs.html

rankings are obviously relative to the age of the songs. Meaning I WIll Follow was dropped totally from Zoo TV, but it's still #1 overall, because it's 25 years old, and so on.

These haven't appeard on Vertigo-YET
1.I Will Follow (#1 overall)
2.Bad (#8 overall)
3.Until The End of the World (#12 overall)
4.11 O'Clock Tick Tock (#14 overall)
5.October (#15 overall)
6.Even Better Than The Real Thing (#20 overall)
7.Desire (#21 overall)
8.All I Want Is You (#22 overall)
9.Out of Control (#23 overall)
10.MLK (#24 overall)

which of these would you rather see in the next few shows?

Last edited:
i love i will follow... and untill the end of the world.
but some of thoses songs were played at Elevation tour (not that i saw it!!), so they need to rotate some songs
whatever they play some songs will be missed out! pity though

second ten, at this point the numbers are much less signifigant,
as most of the songs are just old and have had years of playing.

Interesting that Gone is by far the newest song on this list.

11. Angel of Harlem
12. The Unforgettable Fire
13. Twilight
14. Seconds
15. Party Girl
16. Love is Blindness
17. I Fall Down
18. Gone
19. Sattelitte of Love
20. Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World

I'd die of joy if they played 11 O'clock Tick Tock, and returning October to its rightful spot before New Year's Day would be awesome. Bad, Until The End Of The World, The Unforgettable Fire, and Gone are four others I'd absolutely love to see.

Also, I Will Follow wasn't totally dropped from ZooTV, as it appeared at a scarce few shows. It's the only song that has been played on every tour so I expect we'll see it soon, especially after how it was played intensively on promo appearances last year.

UTEOTW (live classic), Desire (but only full band! bring lovetown or zootv style) and 11 o'clock tick tock. The last one was so great in the near past, for example on Irving Plaza. They should put it in rotation.

red hill mining town-never heard this live. would be cool if they played this and i will follow

1. I Will Follow - Will be at plenty of shows.
2. Bad - Should show up here or there, but not as much as it used to.
3. Until the End of the World - Classic staple......don't think we'll see it on the first leg, however.
4. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock - I think they'll pull this out at a few shows.
5. October - won't happen.
6. Even Better Than The Real Thing - Won't happen.
7. Desire - Will definitely show up at some shows.
8. All I Want Is You - This (like "Bad") should come along more often........but they require a lot of vocal work on Bono's part.......not so sure about this.
9. Out Of Control - They won't be able to resist playing their first single for too long.
10. MLK - Just won't be necessary with "Pride" at every show......

Axver said:

Also, I Will Follow wasn't totally dropped from ZooTV, as it appeared at a scarce few shows. It's the only song that has been played on every tour so I expect we'll see it soon, especially after how it was played intensively on promo appearances last year.

Of course I know this but it was THE staple for nearly every show for a decade. IWF was played 10 times out of something like 162 Zoo shows. That is all but dropping it.

But let's not pretend IWF is the sacred cow because it's been around for 25 years. This is the only reason it's been on every tour. If Streets was recorded in 1980, it would be too, as well as One, Pride, Bad, NYD and many other songs.

Back
Top Bottom