Tonight's setlist, 4/05...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
I have a feeling it's going to be these songs, probably mixed up again in some order.

City Of Blinding Lights
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Bullet The Blue Sky
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Running To Stand Still
Where the Streets Have No Name
One
Zoo Station
The Fly
Vertigo
Yahweh
All Because Of You
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
Pride
Elevation
Miracle Drug

Maybe one or two songs such as Gloria, or Electric Co tonight... But I think that that's the set-setlist.

I don't really expect anything too new or dramatic... it'd be nice if they spliced it up a bit more.

City Of Blinding Lights
Love And Peace Or Else
Bullet The Blue Sky
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Running To Stand Still
One
Zoo Station
The Fly
Vertigo
Yahweh
All Because Of You
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
Pride
Elevation
Miracle Drug
Gloria
Electric Co.
With or Without You

I agree with you, I added a couple. Probably be lucky to get 1 of the 3 right I added.

These shows are basically the 3rd and 4th LA shows. There will be a few new songs. I'm going to say that tonight "Until the end of the world" will make it's debut, and "With or without you" and "Gloria" will be played.

UTEOTW...sure hope so...I've got GAs tonight.

So please bring back the bull and the matador!!

But does it fit in with the death of the Pope?

The real question is who wins the tie-breaker?

SD1 + SD2 = opening with COBL
AN1 + AN2 = opening with LAPOE

LA1 = ??????

I'm guessing LAPOE. I saw opening nights in both cities and LAPOE worked better for me. And if you think about it, LAPOE is more in tune to the theme of whole album...plus you can really move to it.

How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb really equals Love And Peace Or Else.

Well with two days off you have to figure they've evaluated the first four nights (not including the rehearsals) and will either streamline what they've done already, or add a couple more surprises. Could be either.

I'm guessing since Los Angeles is such a big market with so many VIPs they're going to want to put on the best, most professional show possible. So no new songs wouldn't surprise me. Expect that on night 2.

Hopefully they WILL shake it up when they get to San Jose, just like on the last tour. Because that's the show I'm going to on this leg...

laz

it is obvious no one cares to hear the cat dubh song...hope it's not played at the shows i go to. there are so many other great oldies they could pick (i.e. walk away, ultraviolet)

jelloe said:
it is obvious no one cares to hear the cat dubh song...hope it's not played at the shows i go to. there are so many other great oldies they could pick (i.e. walk away, ultraviolet)

I'd :heart: to hear an cat dubh, as would a load of U2 fans I'm pretty sure. I guess "walk away" must be well before my time, unless it's an obscure cover of Ben Harper :p. That might be kinda cool actually!

That piano version of Stuck in a Moment is going to show up somewhere it may be tonight......

I hope that Ultraviolet ends the Fly at some point, since they were the same song. The fan demand for it seems to be huge, almost the Achtung single that never was or something.

Then again if they had caved to fans demands Acrobat would have been played years ago.

i am still hoping for "lemon" and "a celebration"... but i have a feeling tonight's gonna be a pretty 'standard' set, probably w/ the boy songs rotated out for the night. WOWY will probably return.

Here's a new rearrangement they haven't done yet.

All Because of You
Vertigo/Stories
Cry/The Electric Co
***Unforgettable Fire
Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Stuck in a Moment
Yahweh
New Year's Day
Gloria
Pride
Streets
One

Love and Peace or Else
Sunday, Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky/Hands That Built America
Running to Stand Still
(human rights)

City of Blinding Lights
***A Celebration

jcoriha said:
Here's a new rearrangement they haven't done yet.

All Because of You
Vertigo/Stories
Cry/The Electric Co
***Unforgettable Fire
Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Stuck in a Moment
Yahweh
New Year's Day
Gloria
Pride
Streets
One

Love and Peace or Else
Sunday, Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky/Hands That Built America
Running to Stand Still
(human rights)

City of Blinding Lights
***A Celebration

:drool: :up:

theu2fly said:
I have a feeling it's going to be these songs, probably mixed up again in some order.

City Of Blinding Lights
Love And Peace Or Else
Bullet The Blue Sky
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Running To Stand Still
One
Zoo Station
The Fly
Vertigo
Yahweh
All Because Of You
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
Pride
Elevation
Miracle Drug

Maybe one or two songs such as Gloria, or Electric Co tonight... But I think that that's the set-setlist.

I don't really expect anything too new or dramatic... it'd be nice if they spliced it up a bit more.

You think "40" will be played 3rd????? WTF, did I miss something or slip into an alternate reality?? :eyebrow:

jelloe said:

Actually, most of us are pretty excited about An Cat Dubh. Think before you speak. Might help you avoid looking really stupid.

Re: Re: Tonight's setlist, 4/05...

PhoenixGNX said:

You think "40" will be played 3rd????? WTF, did I miss something or slip into an alternate reality?? :eyebrow:

I think they were just listing songs, not in any particular order. For example, note Bullet and RTSS are split.

Okay. . .just think for a moment . . . Discotheque. . . all newfangled and cool like the new The Fly. . .eh?

:drool:

Think how cool that would be.

So thats my prediction for the night. :)

packcrush said:
Okay. . .just think for a moment . . . Discotheque. . . all newfangled and cool like the new The Fly. . .eh?

:drool:

Think how cool that would be.

So thats my prediction for the night. :)

The only songs off of POP that might get played on thistour:

Please, Gone, Staring At The Sun, and Wake Up Dead Man..

Thats my prediction....I dont think we'll see Discotheque ever again.

"I dont think we'll see Discotheque ever again."

The thing about this tour is that we're seeing so many songs that nobody really expected to see again... Zoo Station, "40", An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart, for example.

Actually, I wonder why they decided to start playing "40" again.

Axver said:

Actually, most of us are pretty excited about An Cat Dubh. Think before you speak. Might help you avoid looking really stupid.

Agreed! I don't know anyone who isn't hoping like hell to hear this song at their show.

With 14 posts - either a new fan or a longtime lurker, but blasting "An Cat Dubh" was not a very smart thing to do on here, methinks! :ohmy:

:rockon: "An Cat Dubh" in Chicago? PLEEEEZ???

Zoomerang96 said:
so where's the setlist for tonite?

or the updates anyway...?

The show doesn't start for another 15 minutes from the time I'm typing this reply.

A good chance "Gloria" will be in the set tonight as well as one more unplayed as of the 2005 tour oldie.

T.B.

"An Cat Dubh" rocks :rockon: :rockon:

I feel fairly confident that the majority of long-time fans would agree !!! I hope they play it the rest of the year ( on alternate nights of course )

knox said:
"I dont think we'll see Discotheque ever again."

The thing about this tour is that we're seeing so many songs that nobody really expected to see again... Zoo Station, "40", An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart, for example.

Actually, I wonder why they decided to start playing "40" again.

I'd been predicting 40 for the last few months. It's the greatest closer ever and the band know it, hence why it's back.

Back
Top Bottom