Tonight's setlist (3/30 San Diego)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
I am willing to bet that this setlist is going to be the more "set in stone" type of setlist, I think because of opening night, U2 spiced things up by playing a few older songs, as like a gift -- and since they're in the same city for two days, they're probably going to play a setlist that will be the TRUE setlist for the tour tonight.

that's my two cents.

theu2fly said:
I am willing to bet that this setlist is going to be the more "set in stone" type of setlist, I think because of opening night, U2 spiced things up by playing a few older songs, as like a gift -- and since they're in the same city for two days, they're probably going to play a setlist that will be the TRUE setlist for the tour tonight.

that's my two cents.

I think you are wrong. In fact, I think its the other way around. The setlist from Monday is the basic setlist (although I think it will be tweaked). Tonight may be the setlist that has the variance.

Although my guess is it wont differ a ton at this stage of the tour. My "guess" is possibly Gloria and Stuck In A Moment tonight. Gloria over NY Day and Stuck possibly just added somewhere.

yeah, i personally think tonight will be the night they take a couple more risks(not like they haven't already), and try out some songs rehearsed, but not played last night.

it's going to be interesting to see this setlist. it will definitely give us clues to how much variance U2 will give us this tour.

cat dubh > I Will Follow
Pride > WOWY or ISHFWILF
Elevation > UTEOTW (for the love of GOD...)

Acrobat in the encore, of course :wink:

pacemaker said:
I bet Lemon will be played tonight

Care to wager?? :lol:

I think Gloria will be in place of NY Day. I can see some classics that didnt get played last night added like Bad and UTEOTW. I dont think its going to be anything real drastic tonight though. U2 can feel free to prove me completely wrong though!!! ;)

RademR said:
Bad will show up in one of the next two shows, taking bets on it
I sure hope you are right on the button; maybe win the lottery even........BAD is their greatest song; they just have to include it somewhere, especially in Dallas.

I bet one of the following will show up:

Exit, Lemon, Gloria, Dirty Day, Stay, Please, Love is Blindness

bcrt2000 said:
I bet one of the following will show up:

Exit, Lemon, Gloria, Dirty Day, Stay, Please, Love is Blindness

Despite whats been reported they have NOT rehearsed Exit, Dirty Day or Love Is Blindness. Those will not be done tonight. Lemon wont be either. The rest are possible, but I think only Gloria is a real possibility at this stage.

Blue Room said:

Despite whats been reported they have NOT rehearsed Exit, Dirty Day or Love Is Blindness. Those will not be done tonight. Lemon wont be either. The rest are possible, but I think only Gloria is a real possibility at this stage.

they could have rehearsed in their hotel for all we know :wink:

More from @U2 Forum:

There are 1-2 other changes, but it's basically the same as Monday. As our crew was told this afternoon, "The band wants to make sure they have this set nailed before they start experimenting too much." That's certainly reasonable, considering the flaws from Monday.

Think these changes will be made:

Electric Co = Out of Control
New Year's Day = Gloria
Elevation = Stuck in a Moment
Zoo Station = Ultraviolet
Pride = Bad

I doubt An Cat Dubh/ITH will last--I read a review in the NY Post that it put the arena to sleep (granted, it is the NY Post, but...). Although I would love to hear it myself, I think it is too slow paced. IMO Bad has to be played every night--it is the song that launched the bad onto the worldwide stage--and please, I loved Elevation as an opener in 2001, but that song should be retired.

ultraviolet353 said:
I doubt An Cat Dubh/ITH will last--I read a review in the NY Post that it put the arena to sleep (granted, it is the NY Post, but...).

From Rolling Stone:
"U2, who have largely ignored their distant past on recent tours, then treated longtime fans to "An Cat Dubh" and "Into the Heart" -- both also off of Boy. "An Cat Dubh" was the concert's moody highlight, with its hard bass line pulsing under the bluish stage lights."

I'll take their word over the Post any day - and besides, they could come out on stage and each take a half an hour shit if they wanted to - the tour is sold out. If memory serves, the ticket states No Refund. Let them play to those which are the true fan base.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom