To all of those who have seen U2 live!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The opener, Love and Peace Or Else, was amazing. I was sooooo hoping they would open with that instead of COBL

But, I would have to say my favorite of the night was New Years Day. The crowd was so into it, singing along, clapping, everything. I never knew how much of a crowd favorite it was. As soon as the bass started, the place went nuts!:drool:

Running to Stand Still was MAGICAL!

Mysterious Ways was awesome with the topless dancer

Streets was amazing amazing amazing

The Fly was crazy too

The Electric Co., because it absolutely rocked the place to the middle of next week, and Bad, because it's the greatest live epic ever. :drool:

i have quite a few i could say were my fav, but i have to go with COBL, everything about it, the way the screen started up, the energy and feeling of happyness it created for me, and the way bono brough the young girl up from the crowd

I saw them in Toronto in September, and I'd have to say my favourite was Zoo Station. Firstly, that is one of my favourite U2 songs of all time... Secondly, the band pulled off a fucking brilliant performance of it. And finally, the whole production of it was just fucking superb. I mean, really, the slot machines giving into the Zoo babies screaming "MAMA!" followed by the lazily sensual silhouettes of Bono on the screens ala Zoo TV, right into that those amazing curtain images that were used in the European shows... My Lord, it was brilliant. I almost spontaneously combusted right there in the ACC.

Miss Sarajevo was definitely a highlight as well...The Fly too. And fuck me dead, the debut of Fast Cars! (I naively thought it was going to be something like Acrobat when Bono introduced it, hehe) That was brilliant. Hearing a song that has never been performed live before fills you with a sort of...magical feeling.

Oh, it was all good!

Zoo Station --> the drums, the mic that Bono uses that kinda changes his voice, the guitar, the 'emotinal fascism' spiel, Bono's walk, everything! :drool:

The Fly = rock song of all rock songs

:yes:

I saw them in Manchester in June for the first time. It's hard to pick out one song which I especially loved - the whole concert was absolutely spectacular.

Zoo Station was incredible. I have a vivid memory of Edge out on the ellipse, manically singing along with the chorus and I especially remember the way Larry comes crashing in. Stunning.

With or Without You - it is one of my favourites and I wasn't expecting it at all. Bono sang it well and singing along with the "Oh-oh-oh" with the lights blazing brilliantly white was truly memorable.

Vertigo - the opener. Just realising that I was actually there and that after waiting for so long, looking forward to the night for so long, that it *was* actually happening. I remember feeling totally exhilarated and the furious energy of Vertigo just took that to another level.

All I Want Is You - first time it was played for the entire tour, I believe. Bono didn't get close to the high notes but Edge's solo was just amazing.

The intro to Streets...

I want to see them again..:wink:

Axver said:
The Electric Co., because it absolutely rocked the place to the middle of next week, and Bad, because it's the greatest live epic ever. :drool:

Bad was great, but what about Gloria or Out of Control? Or 40? Or City of Blinding Lights?

But yeah, I think I'll vote for Bad as well.

No question, "Bad" and "I Will Follow". Because they rocked and fit the mood and sounded the best but the song "I Still Haven''t Found What I'm Looking For" is my favorite coz after that song was I releasd, I found what I was looking for. The greatest Rock & Roll band on the planet, U2.

The Electric Co - Just awesome. ever since i saw them play it live i've had a real appreciation of that song, much more than i did before. Edge was going mad on his solo!

With or without you - the setlist party people can complain as much as they like when this song appears again and again in many of U2's live shows but it has good reason to. It was the most epic, amazing song of the night by far for me, the added ohhhhhhhhh's at the end and the sound of 60,000 people all singing as one was truly mind blowing.

I've seen U2 twice and I would have to vote for Sunday Bloody Sunday. The song sounds great and really gets the crowd going. Plus, its probably my favorite U2 song.

Impossible to pick. I was at Croke 3 [fisrt show], and there were so many highlights. Streets was amazing, of course. The best bit of the night be far. Bad was shockingly brilliant, COBL was so cool with the screen just kicking in, and 40 was brilliant, because I thought the show was over after Vertigo x2!

DEFINITELY The Electric Co. Most intense experience of my life. Plus my heart skipped for a couple seconds when Edge was tearing it up on the ellipse about 8 feet away from me.:drool:

I also got to experience People Get Ready featuring The Boss though, but I won't count that one.:wink:

I can't really choose one, but it's between bad/40(which ended the show), original of the species, and until the end of the world.

for me its really hard to choose. Each song has its own specialty, I can say that 40 was great, but then i ask.. wasn't miss sarajevo? wasn't one? wasn't ISHFWILF?? wasn't WOWY?

so you see i can't really say which i loved the most..

but the crowd really got into Bad, and wild horses

BonosBaby12 said:
I have changed my mind about what my favorite live song is,lol. Im going have to say ALL of them! Each song holds a special place!

Oh that's soooo cute :eyebrow:

WHO'S GONNA RIDE YOUR WILD HORSES, last show in Boston of 1st leg... may 28th....

highlights from the Lisbon show, last August:

- City of blinding lights: that arrangement, those images and all the stadium singing the chorus

- Miracle Drug - it surprised me. This is not the track that I love the most on the album, but live as simply beautiful

- Miss Sarajevo + UDoHR video - I've got no words... One of the moments I cried

- Yahweh - My favourite song of all time... This was the 2nd time I cried. The video projected on the structure was very uplifting.

- '40' - Nobody was expecting them to play '40'. 'Yahweh' was supposed to be the last song... So, the surprised made increase the strenght of the song

For me, I think:

Electric Co - never thought I would ever get to see that live and it's always been a favourite of mine.

Bad - Well, it's Bad, it should always be played, it never loses it's magic

Miss Sarajevo - Was fortunate enough to be at the 3rd Amsterdam show when it debuted...might not have been the best version on the tour but the sheer shock of it being played along with the beauty of the song makes it possibly the tour highlight for me.

COBL - just gets better each time i see it. the "Getting ready to leave the ground" line just sums up being at a u2 show for me :)

Discotheque - :drool:, just because :)

Fast Cars - WTF?? never expected it and it kicked ass!

Vertigo - Whether u like the song or not, live, it gets the party going, imho

Bad! It's my fave song and to hear those opening notes made me cry. It was just unbelievable!

Yeah I know it's a cliche but there is somthing to the whole thing about God walking through the room when they play Where the Streets Have No Name. And I'm not even a beliver in God(Not a disbeliever either). It's the intro, the lights, the way the crowd feels it. Nothing beats it. I think it would be an amazing song to close the shows with.

On this tour, Zoo Station was probably my favourite, especially after the zooropa baby, and bono from Zoo TV appearing on the screen at the top of the speaker stack as well.

But Vertigo Encore was the one that just blew the crowd away.. superb.

Back
Top Bottom