Time to play the Unforgettable Fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lrcllb

The Fly
How magic would this song be???

It could be integrated early in the setlist- say no 6 or 7, or the encore!! Some fires you can never put out...

i'd be surprised if this one came back. It hasn't been seen all the way through the 90's. but then again what does that mean these days?

It is quite a complex song though, and would need the backing track made avalible

one of their absolute best songs, it would be awesome to bring it back. They could update the backing track and maybe add some strings, especially to the end.

I've had this sneaking suspicion that this gem of a song WILL be played sometime soon - right now it seems the band is in a spontanious mood and are loosening up the setlists quite a bit. I predict that The Unforgettable Fire will make it's debut around the end of October/beginning of November. Hope I'm right.

packcrush said:

:shocked:

Really?! That's amazing. It's a pity they didn't play it; but, we still have a few months of the Vertigo tour left. So who knows?

Oh man, if they ever pulled this classic out again. I would probably faint drop my drink and be taken to the nearest hospital.

PLEASE U2, if anyone in your orginization reads this - PLAY TUF!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised to see it return. I'd be overjoyed, but not surprised. If U2 is in a mode right now where they are looking back at all of their different incarnations, how can they miss this one????

lrcllb said:
Did they play it at slane 1??

No, they played the album recorded version over the PA after the show during the fireworks.

U2 apparantly rehearsed the song in pre rehearsals in Dublin for the Elevation tour. It didnt make it any further than that and I dont think it has been worked on since.

Why didn't that firework make it to the DVD? That's a shame.

Oh yeah, I know, space issues. But then they should have left out the documentary or made it a double DVD.

This is one of my all-time top 2 favorite U2 songs, and I'd be thrilled if it were to return, but I'm not holding my breath. It seems like a really tough song to play perfectly. To really nail it, the boys would have to practice it and play it just about every single night.

The reason why T.U.F. with fireworks wasn`t showed on the official dvd is simple , the dvd is Slane 2.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Mauwer said:
The reason why T.U.F. with fireworks wasn`t showed on the official dvd is simple , the dvd is Slane 2.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Ehh, I thought they used material from both nights :scratch:

I just heard this song on the radio while I was running errands on my lunch break. It was on 105.9 the X in Pittsburgh. They were playing 80's alternative songs, or what they call "Pre-historic X". I cranked it up!!

I thought it really was Slane 2??????

Coz Ireland played against Holland that afternoon.
And Ireland won 1 - 0 by a goal from soccer-player Mc.Ateer.
That`s the guy Bono mentions during NYD.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Gloria
The Ocean
The Unforgettable Fire

Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Human Rights Thingy
The Unforgettable Fire
Pride

:drool:

U2Man said:

Ehh, I thought they used material from both nights :scratch:

Well, it's meant to be Slane II but apparently some of the footage during some songs - like Streets - is actually from Slane I. I really don't know, but that's what people have said.

Back
Top Bottom