Three things I noticed on the second Anaheim show!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
1. The Fly - I think Bono was playing guitar too cause you can kinda hear a second guitar when the bass and drums kick in. You can hear it again during Edge's solo. Does anyone know if he was playing guitar during The Fly? :bono:

2. The Fly - Also during The Fly, at the end of it, after playing that great last solo The Edge played an extra riff! The song usually ends after the solo but this time he played that last solo and went straight to a brand new and awesome new riff that fitted that song and that part of the song really well! I LOVED that and I hope he keeps on playing it!!!! :drool:

3. Zoo Station - Bono and Edge for some reason didn't sing the "All rights"," only Larry did!! At first I thought it was Bono's voice just singing a little far from the microphone but then Bono begins to sing parts of the all rights and I realized it's Larry, specially when he says "It’s not all right!" That was fucking awesome! Anyone noticed that too? :larry:

wow that "its not alright" is really cool. It really sounds more like Bono than Larry though, which is weird because you are right that Bono is singing at the same time. Definately not the Edge. Guess its Larry Mullen Jr!!

TheBrazilianFly said:

2. The Fly - Also during The Fly, at the end of it, after playing that great last solo The Edge played an extra riff! The song usually ends after the solo but this time he played that last solo and went straight to a brand new and awesome new riff that fitted that song and that part of the song really well! I LOVED that and I hope he keeps on playing it!!!! :drool:

actually, that solo resembled the end of Last Night On Earth quite a bit. maybe a sign for the future?

You know what I noticed about The Fly on Anaheim 2?

Bono...
remembered...
ALL THE LYRICS!!!
:rockon:
About time.

Bono's guitar is plugged in?????

Actually, there was a moment you could hear his guitar - as the band was about to transition to the next song and no one else was playing. :wink:

Re: Re: Three things I noticed on the second Anaheim show!

mikal said:

actually, that solo resembled the end of Last Night On Earth quite a bit. maybe a sign for the future?

I don't think so. To me it sounds like a classic Edge solo at the end where he goes on with that note. But what's cool about it is that unless they rehearsed that before they improvised all of it, the extended solo, the extra riff (maybe Edge alreay had that on up on his sleeves), they seem to be more into leting the things flow at the moment and improvising like never before.

And for that I say :rockon: !!!!!!!

:D

Re: Re: Re: Three things I noticed on the second Anaheim show!

TheBrazilianFly said:

I don't think so. To me it sounds like a classic Edge solo at the end where he goes on with that note. But what's cool about it is that unless they rehearsed that before they improvised all of it, the extended solo, the extra riff (maybe Edge alreay had that on up on his sleeves), they seem to be more into leting the things flow at the moment and improvising like never before.

And for that I say :rockon: !!!!!!!

:D

actually, it was chord progression(E A G A G) that was played during the solo, same as the ending of LNOE.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Three things I noticed on the second Anaheim show!

mikal said:

actually, it was chord progression(E A G A G) that was played during the solo, same as the ending of LNOE.

Interesting. :hmm: I'm going to listen to it again to see if I reconize the solo again but still I think he's just adding that there to make it even rockier but I would love LNOE again. Still nothing is better than that extra riff at the end! :drool:

BTW I just realized that Bono is already playing the extra riff while Edge is making the final solo! :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom