THIS is what U2 should do..it's very simple

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zwervers2

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Hi there!!!

I've got the flew have nothing to do
than think about setlist for my fav band U2.

Okay, Í've come up with what I think what be an all crowd pleaser(even me:wink: ) without shaking up too many things.Their's no excuse for Vertigo twice and it looks great later in the show. Let's asume they know how to play Crumbs and that Gone is back in the set and we leave the LAPOE till running to stand part intact because the boys like it and it flows pretty well..it goes as follows"

0 Everyone
1 All because of you
2 Out of control or I will follow
3 Elec co.
4 Gloria/ocean or An cat dubh/into the heart
5 Elevation
6 Beautiful day
7 Miracle drug
8 SYCMIOYO
9 LAPOE
10 Sunday bloody sunday
11 Bullet the blue sky
12 Running to stand still
-----human rights-----
13 Crumbs or Pride
14 Streets
15 One
--------------------
16 Zoostation
17 The Fly
18 Untill the end of the world
19 Mysterious ways or Who's gonna ride or Gone
---------------------
20 City of Binding lights
21 Vertigo
22 Original of the species or Yahweh or WOWY
23 Bad+40 snippet or 40 or 11 o'clock(on very special ocasions)

of the 23 songs there are 6 places they could change each night and keep the rest at their place. They don't have to learn anything new for this. The lightning can be used for the optional songs and it flows pretty well I think...Aboy is a nice rocky opener which is followed by a couple of songs from their first albums..
You see it is almost the same material but I would be very happy with this...The lighting for Vertigo, City of blinding lights can be used to full effect due to their late placement in the set..I personally believe this would rock big time

Let me know what you think..
:wink:

Can you imagine if they would play this set:

0 Everyone
1 All because of you
2 Out of control
3 Elec co.
4 Gloria/ocean
5 Elevation
6 Beautiful day
7 Miracle drug
8 SYCMIOYO
9 LAPOE
10 Sunday bloody sunday
11 Bullet the blue sky
-----human rights-----
13 Crumbs
14 Streets
15 One
--------------------
16 Zoostation
17 The Fly
19 Who's gonna ride
---------------------
21 Vertigo
22 Original of the species
23 11 o'clock

:drool:

I prefer Bad as a closer and LAPOE as opener, And I'd rather see that RTSS goes into streets --> then pride. Just like Zoo TV. Or BTBS->Crumbs-->RTSS-->streets. But what do you mean by 0 Everyone?

POP-ROMANCER said:
I prefer Bad as a closer and LAPOE as opener, And I'd rather see that RTSS goes into streets --> then pride. Just like Zoo TV. Or BTBS->Crumbs-->RTSS-->streets. But what do you mean by 0 Everyone?

the everyone-opener(voice) not really a song...
i've taken in account with this set that they want to keep the..lapoe->SB->bullet->running intact...of course the zootv sequence between running and streets is the BEST ever..but bono can't sing it like that anymore:wink:

in fact if they would drop this I would prefer your seque of
BTBS->Crumbs-->RTSS-->streets...the human right thing can be done after crumbs or maybe even cooler: during the outro of running while it gently starts with the streets organ...no bono speech on that one it should speak for itself...brilliant!!!

LAPOE and SBS should stay together in my opinion and LAPOE benefits more from the dark...

so:

0 Everyone
1 All because of you
2 Out of control or I will follow
3 Elec co.
4 Gloria/ocean or An cat dubh/into the heart
5 Elevation
6 Beautiful day
7 Miracle drug
8 SYCMIOYO
9 LAPOE
10 Sunday bloody sunday
11 Bullet the blue sky
12 Crumbs
13 Running to stand still->-----human rights-----
14 Streets
15 One
--------------------
16 Zoostation
17 The Fly
19 Mysterious ways or Who's gonna ride or Gone
---------------------
21 Vertigo
22 Original of the species or Yahweh or WOWY or Bad
23 Bad+40 snippet or 40 or 11 o'clock(on very special ocasions)

what a great show it would make!!!!

Thats for sure, only a pop song and a zooropa song and I will have the best night of my life on the 13th of july!! But I'm interested to see if they will play something from pop nor zooropa this tour. Great setlist!:up:

Great setlist!

I'd do a minor change.

3 Elevation
4 Elec co.
5 Gloria/ocean or An cat dubh/into the heart

City and Vertigo in the second encore seem interesting. Also All Because Of You as opener. And all the closer possibilities are great too.

Realgodi said:
Great setlist!

I'd do a minor change.

3 Elevation
4 Elec co.
5 Gloria/ocean or An cat dubh/into the heart

City and Vertigo in the second encore seem interesting. Also All Because Of You as opener. And all the closer possibilities are great too.

Thanks! that adjustement could work as well. It was thinking about it last night because of all the negativism and complaining (also from my part). But i never considered it complaining. I just feel that they can do wonders with the songs they have but they just don't see. And that is not arrogant but I think this would work out great, people do know about 2/3 of the songs being played but the rest is a complete mystery. It seems to me that U2 can pull this of. and to be honest I think this flows muc better..How can I send Bono & Co this :wink:

0 Everyone
1 All because of you
2 Out of control
3 Elec co.
4 An cat dubh/into the heart
5 Elevation
6 Beautiful day
7 Miracle drug
8 SYCMIOYO
9 LAPOE
10 Sunday bloody sunday
11 Bullet the blue sky
-----human rights-----
13 Pride
14 Streets
15 One
16 Crumbs
--------------------
17 Zoostation
18 The Fly
19 Until the end of the world
20 Who's gonna ride your wild horses
---------------------
21 Bad
22 Vertigo
23 Yahweh
24 City Of Blinding Lights

"COBL" finishes... confetti by the TIME part, lights, confetti maybe a few fireworks), everyone goes home happy... because they looked so beautiful tonight, in the city of blinding lights

or:

21 Bad
22 Yahweh
23 City Of Blinding Lights
24 Vertigo

just for the rock and roll finish

Last edited:
nobody reads this

00 Everyone
01 All because of you
02 Yahweh (full)
03 Desire//
04 Elec co.
05 An cat dubh//into the heart
06 New Year's Day (with that SWEET piano intro)
07 Beautiful day
08 Miracle drug
09 SYCMIOYO
10 LAPOE
11 Sunday bloody sunday//
12 Bullet the blue sky//
13 Running to stand still
-----human rights-----
14 Pride
15 Streets
16 One
17 Crumbs
--------------------
18 Zoo Station
19 The Fly
20 Until the end of the world//
21 Who's gonna ride your wild horses
---------------------
22 Electrical Storm
23 Vertigo
24 City Of Blinding Lights

NOW you're talking (no, I'M talking :wink: )

jackbauer said:
More Mofo please!

I'vew taken in account that they woun't play it. Like Pepokiss said: Yahweh in full could be played in the beginning but since the boys are doing an accoustic version the place in the set seems fine now. would be a different story if they would play the alt version which they could easily pull of IMHO.Then it could be played in the beginning aswell.

Oh and would love it if MOFO reappeared:drool:

I really like the idea someone posted where they could have a Pop encore and an Achtung encore and alternate between the two..

for example

Zoo Station
The Fly
Until the end of the world//
Ultraviolet

and...

MoFo
Last Night On Earth
Please
Gone

I know people have said that MoFo wouldnt work on this tour but imagine the power of that coming out of nowhere for the encore! It'd blow peoples heads off!

ricj said:
I really like the idea someone posted where they could have a Pop encore and an Achtung encore and alternate between the two..

for example

Zoo Station
The Fly
Until the end of the world//
Ultraviolet

and...

MoFo
Last Night On Earth
Please
Gone

I know people have said that MoFo wouldnt work on this tour but imagine the power of that coming out of nowhere for the encore! It'd blow peoples heads off!

I love this idea as well...but considering the not so experimentating state U2 is in nowadays you can forget about that unfortunately. I just don;t get it. They play brilliant this tour, bono sings again like he hasn't done it a long time. That alone should be a reason to pull out all the stops for this tour. It's very good but it could be so much better:wink:

Back
Top Bottom