This is not a proposed setlist for the new tour.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Rather, this is me experimenting with the placings of new songs. I know I said I wouldn't do this until I had studio copies of the songs, but I've been listening to the clips so much that I feel I can do something setlist-y with them.

Vertigo
Elevation
In God's Country
Exit
Love And Peace Or Else
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day
The Unforgettable Fire
Kite
Miracle Drug
With Or Without You
Bad
Where The Streets Have No Name
I Will Follow
Pride (In The Name Of Love)

Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
The Hands That Built America
Beautiful Day

One
Walk On

That's just a bit of an experiment, and also an attempt to try to be realistic. If I may say so myself, my setlists have pretty good flow ... the only problem is, I rarely include anything from the ninties! So that was experimentation with new material and also including ninties and recent material.

I'll probably come back tomorrow and rip it to pieces. What do you think? I'm particularly fond of Exit/LAPOE/HMTMKMKM and Kite/Miracle Drug/WOWY.

I like it, although I don't think we'll be hearing a rocked out version of 'Exit' or even 'In God's Country'...I'd love to hear them, though. I would have to say that 'Elevation' would be a safe bet for an encore, maybe? Where is 'Electrical Storm'? Plus, there is only three songs from the new album....I think we'll get at least five.

I'm kinda hoping they dust off some stuff from Boy to go with the rockin' theme this album is going with. I know they played out of control on some tour dates last time and of course I will follow but how cool would an cat dubh be in 2005? Or twilight?

believer75 said:
I don't think we'll be hearing a rocked out version of 'Exit' or even 'In God's Country'

Honestly, neither do I. However, I do feel Exit works perfectly both sonically and thematically with LAPOE, and I can't imagine including Exit without In God's Country as well, so I put it in. As I said, I'm experimenting. Considering that IGC came back acoustic near the end of Elevation, I say it could possibly return electrically.

I would have to say that 'Elevation' would be a safe bet for an encore, maybe?

Depending upon the theme of the show, I feel it could make a good encore opener. I still love Bullet as an encore opener, though.

Where is 'Electrical Storm'?

Ah, now it WAS there, in the encore, but in my final revision, I removed it. Here were my alternative options;

Alternative #1
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Electrical Storm
Beautiful Day

Alternative #2
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
The Hands That Built America
Electrical Storm
(#2.1: Beautiful Day)

I felt #2.1 was too long, I wanted to include Beautiful Day so there went #2 and I simply preferred what I posted over #1.

Plus, there is only three songs from the new album....I think we'll get at least five.

Oh, of course. But we haven't heard any of them (I haven't heard enough of All Because Of You to judge where it would fit in a setlist), so I didn't put them in. This was just experimenting with songs we know and that I have a feel for.

drivemytrabant said:
I'm kinda hoping they dust off some stuff from Boy to go with the rockin' theme this album is going with. I know they played out of control on some tour dates last time and of course I will follow but how cool would an cat dubh be in 2005? Or twilight?

While that would be nice, I'm not so confident that the 'lesser' tunes on Boy will get some love. Have a look at the songs that were played on Elevation;

I Will Follow - live classic, one of U2's most famous songs.
Out Of Control - U2's first single, thus a sentimental attachment.
11 O'clock Tick Tock - famed as an awesome live number and was the most prolifically played song during the 1980-1985 period.

If an older song returns, it will be a number that was popular with the crowd and was most likely played as late as the Joshua Tree tour (i.e. The Electric Co. or Gloria). That said, I'm not giving up hope on Twilight. It won't be played but that doesn't mean I can't dream!

Back
Top Bottom