Think October might make it in full or snippeted?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Screendoor said:
They're going to play "Red Light" for the first time as well.

Not a chance.

However a version of Boomerang II is on the cards seemingly. I was chatting to McGuinness just last night.

There was talk about Womanfish too:wink:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. They might pop out Is That All or Wild Irish Rose also.

Funny...I was just saying last night that I'd so much rather hear October than The Ocean in the "one minute long, barely more than an extended snippet" category.

mabel said:
Funny...I was just saying last night that I'd so much rather hear October than The Ocean in the "one minute long, barely more than an extended snippet" category.

the thing is, it's nearly 3 and a half minutes long! think of how many other great songs they could throw in there instead, october being one of them. or better yet, promenade, how amazing would that be?

Chizip said:

the thing is, it's nearly 3 and a half minutes long! think of how many other great songs they could throw in there instead, october being one of them. or better yet, promenade, how amazing would that be?

What's 3 1/2 minutes?! I just looked both songs up on my DellPod. The Ocean is a little more than a minute and a half and October is 2 minutes and 20 seconds. They could likely tack it on as an extended snippet, shaving off some of that time. Yeah, October's not a minute long, but they are both pretty damn short.

mabel said:

What's 3 1/2 minutes?! I just looked both songs up on my DellPod. The Ocean is a little more than a minute and a half and October is 2 minutes and 20 seconds. They could likely tack it on as an extended snippet, shaving off some of that time. Yeah, October's not a minute long, but they are both pretty damn short.

i just listened to the ocean from chicago 9-20, the track is 3:51, but there is about 30 seconds of Bono talk at the end, so the song in concert is about 3:20 long.

yes its just 1:35 on cd, but they extend it a bit live

I saw at BostonI and if felt short...don't have the CD handy enough to double check. I don't think the fact that they stretch it out to 3 minutes is necessarily a big selling point on The Ocean either. It felt like such a rally killer after Electric Co. in Boston.

mabel said:
I saw at BostonI and if felt short...don't have the CD handy enough to double check. I don't think the fact that they stretch it out to 3 minutes is necessarily a big selling point on The Ocean either. It felt like such a rally killer after Electric Co. in Boston.

yes i agree, thats why id like to see them replace it with something like October, or better yet, Promenade

Last edited:
I think October is a good idea, but I doubt it would be done. There are 2 or 3 spots where U2 could change a song or two every single night without really going out on a limb. They should continue to do Electric Co with The Ocean. But alternate it with Gloria with October. Then you would have the Boy and October album rotations. :shrug: Or you could go with different combinations for the Boy rotations. I Will Follow with The Ocean, etc...

Screendoor said:
I think The Ocean is great where it is.

Yeah, agreed. It was a handy breather after the intensity of the first few songs.

Promenade --> I Still Haven't Found is killer on my iPod for the studio versions

I can't imagine it live

Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
October
New Year's Day
Pride

Back
Top Bottom