The rehearsal set? Not sure if this is credible.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was at the show tonight. We did gather at around 2 pm but the show didn't end up starting till 6:30ish.

This setlist is close to what I think they'll open with in San Diego.........I think the opening set will have a few more songs pop up ("UTEOTW" "WOWY" "Bad" etc.....)....if not, we'll see those on the second night then.

i was there. no gloria. one only was played once, right before ABOY. we gathered at about 2:30 but the show didnt start until 6:45. WELL WORTH THE WAIT!!! Electric Co/An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart was amazing. overall a hard rocking high energy show. great lighting and very clean stage.

Not that bad...not that bad :wink: but... really short concert :sad: I mean, just another nearly 2 hours set ???:down: They charged extremely expensive tickets, so they´d go with at least 2 hours and half set :drool:

It seems that nobody remember bands like Led Zeppelin, who usually played 3 hours and half per night :shocked: :rockon:

The Goods:

Very rare songs as
The Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
Running To Stand Still
Zoo Station
No filler acoustic set ( unlike what they did on Elevation tour )
7 songs from HTDAAB ( thank God they didn´t go with 10 songs !! )

The Bad:

Overplayed songs as

Beautiful Day
Elevation
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Pride (In The Name Of Love) ( sorry my friends, but post Elevation Tour versions were awful and so boring )
One ( the same thing as Pride )
"40" ( sorry again, but nothing compare with 80´s versions, it´s just like if the band were trying to match Bad or Sunday Bloody Sunday from 80´s versions, simply they can´t !! )

NO SONGS FROM ZOOROPA AND POP ?

:confused: :coocoo: :uhoh:

Overall: so so, they could have done far better, less safe and more risky :drool:

The Bad:

Overplayed songs as

Beautiful Day
Elevation
Pride (In The Name Of Love) ( sorry my friends, but post Elevation Tour versions were awful and so boring )
"40" ( sorry again, but nothing compare with 80´s versions, it´s just like if the band were trying to match Bad or Sunday Bloody Sunday from 80´s versions, simply they can´t !! )

------------------------------------------------------------
how can you say that beautiful day, elevation and stuck(the last 2 songs I hate by the way) are overplayed when they're only played on one tour. one awful and boring is bullshit...

ponkine said:
Not that bad...not that bad :wink: but... really short concert :sad: I mean, just another nearly 2 hours set ???:down: They charged extremely expensive tickets, so they´d go with at least 2 hours and half set :drool:

It seems that nobody remember bands like Led Zeppelin, who usually played 3 hours and half per night :shocked: :rockon:

The Goods:

Very rare songs as
The Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
Running To Stand Still
Zoo Station
No filler acoustic set ( unlike what they did on Elevation tour )
7 songs from HTDAAB ( thank God they didn´t go with 10 songs !! )

The Bad:

Overplayed songs as

Beautiful Day
Elevation

:confused: :coocoo: :uhoh:

Overall: so so, they could have done far better, less safe and more risky :drool:

Just gotta ask...Were you there? Stuck was terrific, Pride sounded great (I agree I didn't want to hear this one again) and 40 was awesome. This is from a guy that was there last night, and saw them close with 40 many times back in the day.

Ah, ignore that guy...
He reviews the show although he hasn't been on it...
And U2 has to play "less safe"?

So that is why they have three non-single songs from their first album in the beginning...

Back
Top Bottom