the "i am appalled that they played vertigo again instead of 40" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dear God, it's the third leg; how are there still people who don't have this out of their system?

OMG I HAIT VETRIGO X 2 HELLO HELLO SHUT UP LOLZ I DONT KARE THAT U2 PLAYD CRUMZ BC THEY PLAED VERTGI TWIXC I HAIT U2 THEY R SO GAY!!!!!!!!!111111111

next topic.

AtomicBono said:

I don't know, but I noticed that Coldplay are kinda like U2, let's compare them.

I'd rather know who's opening the third leg shows. :angry:

Holy crap get over it, it's their choice not yours. There are people who would prefer Vertigo2 over 40. And did u actually see them play it? It's different watching it live than seeing a setlist on paper.

timothius said:

Don't make me rate them. :mad:

Oh please, oh please! You should rate the songs side-by-side on a scale of one to ten, "one" being everything on ATYCLB and "ten" being everything on Pop!

NO i wasnt at the show. but i know that bono did interrupt 40 to play vertigo again. from u2tours.com:

"The band are about to launch into 40 to close the show, when Bono yells ENCORE! Edge and Adam scramble to return to guitar and bass, respectively, and the show instead ends with a 2nd version of Vertigo. "

Honestly, popmart86, I was there, they didn't interupt 40 to start Vertigo again, Bono just went to the band and told them to play Vertigo and it fit the mood so much more than 40 would have. And I'm saying this as someone who would have loved to hear 40 end the show, but Vertigo definitely fit the energy of the crowd more than 40.

ramblin rose said:
I don't care about Vertigo x2, but it really bothers me that Bono is lip synching during Miracle Drug.:(

It really bothers me that U2 aren't varying their setlists. I mean, The First Time? More like the second time lol. Why haven't they played Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk/Korova 1 yet?!

ramblin rose said:
I don't care about Vertigo x2, but it really bothers me that Bono is lip synching during Miracle Drug.:(

where is the "bono lip synched during miracle drug" coming from?
i heard that rumor from 5/7 chicago, but the edge sang part of it and everyone thought it was pre-taped (i have viedo that shows edge singing).
PLEASE don't tell me he's really lip synching!

and btw, the whole typing like a pre-pubescent teen (aka "lmao dis rulz ya yea") is actually lamer than those who type like that but don't realize how ridiculous they sound.

noone can bitch about vertigo enough...two times in one show is a travesty.

Zoomerang96 said:
and btw, the whole typing like a pre-pubescent teen (aka "lmao dis rulz ya yea") is actually lamer than those who type like that but don't realize how ridiculous they sound.

thank you :up:

Who really WANTS to hear 40?!:huh: 2 and a half minutes of Bono quoting the bible (yet still getting the words wrong no doubt) over the top of a very dull 'tune'. I will never understand the obsession with ppl wanting to have this song played live. The main part everyone loves, is the "How long to sing this song?" part. So just start singing it at the end of the gig...everyone else will join in, it'll feel nice and u can go home happy - safe in the knowledge that U2 didnt waste a song by having 40 included in their set.:up:

:lmao: :lmao:

The whole point was that the lip synching is just another one of the common questions/misconceptions that has arisen since the tour started.

He's not lip synching but many ill informed people who didn't know that Edge sang the verse towards the end of the song kept starting threads about Bono lip synching that part.

Of course he's not lip synching. :|

:lol: I guess I used the wrong smiley in my original reply.:lmao:

Honestly, at the first Manchester show I was at, Bono asked Larry if he would prefer to play the hymn or the punk rock song last. Larry began the beat of 40 and my excitement went distinctly down, but then Bono laughed and they ripped into Vertigo again just like almost every European show, which I absolutely loved.

So basically, some people, like myself, enjoyed hearing Vertigo performed last in place of 40. Although, Aardvark747 brings up a good point. Why not just sing the end of the song like when they close on Bad? And people might stop complaining about Vertigo closing the show if they didn't play it at the start too.

Well, that rambled on :p

Back
Top Bottom