The FLY sounds so mean this time around...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Listen to the intro, Adam's bass is so powerful...

Edge's guitar is a whole another world...

If Bono could get the lyrics right, this song would be above the ZOOTV version.

Well, I for one felt the Elevation version crushed the Zoo TV version like a grape. And I saw five Zoo TV shows.

I'm glad they keep pushing this song; the intro now--especially Larry's drum break--is out of this world.

I love it that Bono has begun to have that coughing, cruel laughter that he used as an intro to Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me during Popmart.

God Part III said:
I love it that Bono has begun to have that coughing, cruel laughter that he used as an intro to Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me during Popmart.

I kinda thought that too...

Sorry, the only NEW Fly I've heard is opening night. I don't know how it gets any better than The Elevation Tour's version though... I'll have to hear it myself.

It kicks ass. Edge is ripping it up. I like that little funk jive he throws in there on occasion as well.

Larry changed the drum beat and man, the new beat is so cool! sounds like a fucking jam session gone insane! Edge rips, as usual, and Bono's backup guitar is just downright dirty and great!

Vertigo Fly is SIIIIIICK...
San Jose 2 rocks so hard: "The universe exploding cosa' one man's FUCKIN' lie!". Bono finally puts some emotion in the song.
I don't have to talk about Edge and Larry. Adam takes credit for a great bass in the intro.

All versions are good. At first I thought it was to similar to the Zoo TV version but now it has grown on me and become a monster of its own right. This really is my all time fav from AB, then and now.

I love the vertigo tour version, and i think san jose 2 is the best one i've heard so far too, even better than anaheim 2 which is also awesome.

funny that it didn't stand the test of time for the greatest hits album but its still one of their best live. It didn't make the album, but it's been on every setlist so far

Strange.
~A.j.~

Back
Top Bottom