The Electric Co should be dropped...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
I'm sorry but songs like "Electric Co." and "Cat Dubh" while great, aren't really that great in concert, I remember during "Electric Co." being played and the audience really didn't move around to it much... it's a timeless classic, but the audience doesn't know what it is. The set would go much better if it was like this...

I admire U2 listening to the diehard fans and playing this old material, but the crowd really doesn't respond to it -- the American crowds that is. And I think that U2 realizes that it isn't a crowd favorite, but they play it regardless of that feeling.

Replace "Electric Co." with Out Of Control and "Cat Dubh" with
I Will Follow... the crowd gets more into it, where as the others, they are like "What the hell is this?"

i can see what youre saying for An Cath Dubh, but Electric Co is such a kick ass song that even people who don't know what it is really get into it by the end. they should play it everynight.

i love 'electric co'!!! i think it's one of the best live songs on this tour. if U2 only played everything that the general audience wants to hear, we'd never get such gems as 'miss sarajevo', 'fast cars', 'zoo station', 'discotheque', or 'Mofo' (hey, i'm still hoping for that last one!!!).

i say props to U2 for putting in a little-known fan favorite, as opposed to one of their many well-known hits. :up:

Out of Control and I Will Follow are both great songs but I have been a fan for almost 20 years and I have not seen either Electric Co. or An Cat Dubh live before. I am looking forward to my first show of the Vertigo tour on Friday and I will be freaking out and grinning ear to ear if I finally get to hear the two rarer songs.

(A lil' Mofo or some rare UF songs would be good as well)

theu2fly said:
where as the others, they are like "What the hell is this?"

thats not really a bad thing. they could say "what the hell is this? this rocks my ass off, i need to get this cd." nothing wrong with u2 trying to challenge their audience with their lesser known, but yet amazing back catalogue.

Blasphemy indeed.

I can't believe someone would say this about The Electric Co. Goodness, I thought it was one song above the "it should be dropped" comments.

Oh, and if you haven't noticed, An Cat Dubh hasn't been played since June, so the comments about it are not only really late, but totally irrelevant too.

Yeah, also drop this "Bono in a funny hat singing bizarre songs (WTF! THIS IS NOT TEH U@ I KNOW!!! I HAIT @2)" part and instead play second BD, Pride, ISHFWILF, WOWY, WTSHNN, third Vertigo or another rare played song... then the audience REALLY should be satisfied!

Whoa...
I thought this thread was sarcastic.

Dropping Electric Co. ...
Yeah, why not...

Fuck that song. We need some GUITAR TRACKS on this tour!

I actually thought Electric Co was one of the best moments in all four shows I have seen this time. Really amazing.

i think we all have heard i will follow for the last 20 years...they have to be bored with it also...those songs are fresh..and i could care less if the off the street fan dosen't know it..they only know the 90' and recent albums..they need to hear where u2 came from..plus the energy is in those songs

They should never drop The Electric Co.!! One of the best things they have done is resuscitate that song for this tour! It's one of the best live songs this tour and I'm hoping that it inspires them for the new record! They should pay it in the next tour as well! Every night!

And by the way I think they should bring An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart back, that song added something different and unique to the concerts, it made them feel more special and interesting! I so much wish they would play it again! I think I’m one of the few that thinks like that however.

onemoresolo said:
Blasphemy.

I second that.. Electric Co is my all-time favorite live song, what U2 is all about. To each their own.. but if you wanna have a discussion about deleting songs, I can think of so many others..

seeing those two songs live is actually the highlight of the tour for me.. esp Electric Co..

but hey, what do I know.. I've only been a fan for 23 years.

Yeah I don't know how anyone could want to see Electric Co. dropped. When I'm at a U2 concert, I want them to play their best songs, not the songs that the people around me know. Everyone is always clamoring for them to play songs such as Acrobat, yet a decent proportion of the audience might not know it if they do decide to finally play it. Would you want them to not take a risk on playing a song like Acrobat simply because a lot of the audience might not know it??

Drop Electric Co? HELL NO! Its one of the highlights of this tour to me.

I can see An Cat Dubh. I love the song, but it was a setlist pacing killer when they were playing it. Crowd didnt know it at all, slow paced, just didnt seem to work with the general audience. :shrug:

no offense, but this is a pretty stupid thread...how could one propose to drop electric co after hearing it in person....it's one of the highlights of the tour, and the song is just so awesome

it is THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE TOUR...

jeez.. how can you get bored when edge is shredding the guitar...

this is the true reason i bought the DVD... to watch it over and over again...

songs that should be dropped:

EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE ELECTRIC CO...

sadly it looks as though UTEOTW and MW are squeezing it out...

i don't get why when U2 mix it up they remove the BEST STUFF instead of the TIRED STUFF

I'd love to hear them play "I Fall Down" ... I think that would be a great song to alternate with "The Electric Co." Both are great so either in Cleveland is fine with me.:wink:

YES, LET'S DROP THE BEST SONG FROM THE TOUR!!

because, you know, it's so overplayed and all.

if they drop it they'd have room to play Pride twice :drool:

no, the fly was the best song on the tour but they dropped it on a nightly basis but have thankfully brought it back

electric co can be rotated with until the end of the world and its fine by me.

either way i like the setlists with gloria/electric co or mysterious ways/until the end.

Back
Top Bottom