The Electric Co should be dropped...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yahweh_OMG said:
ELECTRIC CO has been the best song of the Tour with ZOO STATION and THE FLY!!!!!

:yes: I think that when the audience stop and just watch, it doesn't always mean they don't like it even if they don't know what the song is. I've observed the people around me during Electric Co. and Zoo Station (whether I'm in GA or seats) and they're usually in awe and speechless....especially during The Edge's solo on Electric Co.

chrissybaby said:
best thing in the chicago dvd by a mile, the solo is probably the best u2 moment ever captured on film....

I see your point (original poster) as casual fans don't know it.

But yeah, Edge's solo is AMAZING and definitely stands out in my mind after watching chicago a few days ago...

:drool:

I definitely don't think it should be dropped. It's one of the highlights of the tour for me. Hopefully I'll get lucky and see it next month. I'll be bummed if I Will Follow takes its place.

Electric Co. was a highlight for me on this tour. One of my favorite songs of all time. Major blasphemy to wish for it's demise. Out of Control is a close second and I envy those that heard Electric Co./Out of Control back to back (i believe this only happened once on the tour?).

If U2 chose to follow this kind of "The casual fan do not now it therefore it should be dropped from the set" logic then the setlist would only contain these songs every single night: I will follow, Sunday bloody Sunday, New Years Day, Pride, Streets, Still Haven`t found, With or Without you, Desire, Angel of Harlem, When love comes to Town, One, Mysterious Ways, Beautiful Day, Elevation, Vertigo.

I should think these are the songs a very casual fan would know and even though it is all great songs (except for Elevation and When love comes to town) I think both band and audience would become bored very quickly without the occasional rarity or oddity to spice things up a bit!!!!

Having just seen the show for the first time (Vertigo dvd) i thought that the boy material sounded so fresh and new i was astounded! I have never seen them play electric co. in the flesh and hope that they are still playing it when they visit my fair city. Long may they baffle the conforming masses!!? (finishing with fast cars was cool for this reason)

:drool:

I will be a bit dissapointed if I get I Will Follow in Salt Lake.

I have seen U2 4 times and "I Will Follow" was played every time. Before this tour I could only dare to dream of them bringing back "Electric Co." Now they have done it and chances are I will get to hear "I Will Follow" again. I just don't get it.

Maybe An Cat Dubh. Electric Co? May it never come to pass that it is dropped from the setlist!

Back
Top Bottom