The Electric Co needs to be back in the Set!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mauwer

War Child
Friends ,

Does The Electric Co needs to be back in the Set for the remainder of the tour?

I say : YES!!!!
Okay...UTEOTW is a very cool song , but Electric Co was a highlight and it made a glorious return this tour.
For me it WAS the highlight of the tour so far.

What ya all think?

Cheers ,

Mauwer

The Electric Co. owns this tour.

Don't touch UTEOTW, though. The songs that need to go are ISHFWILF, WOWY, One, Pride, and Bullet. Especially ISHFWILF and WOWY, as most of the first leg of the tour coped just fine without them.

I Will Follow, Electric Co, UTEOTW all need to be in the set list.

electric co is the best part of this tour

Axver said:
The Electric Co. owns this tour.

Don't touch UTEOTW, though. The songs that need to go are ISHFWILF, WOWY, One, Pride, and Bullet. Especially ISHFWILF and WOWY, as most of the first leg of the tour coped just fine without them.

:yes:

Yes they should put back the electric co. DONT touch UTEOTW please, too good of a song! I think the should take out The First Time, also if they would stop doing all those snippets in the middle/ends of the songs and adding like another 2 min for the snippet songs then they would have room to put in the electric co. without taking out The First Time....I wounder with the Pacific Leg's songs are going to be, I hope they play some good versions of songs like the full electric desire, that would be fun...

tpsglick2424 said:
also if they would stop doing all those snippets in the middle/ends of the songs and adding like another 2 min for the snippet songs then they would have room to put in the electric co. without taking out The First Time

I disagree. The snippets are often over instrumental portions of the song that would be played anyway. And removing those that do slightly extend songs would doubtfully offer a sufficient time saving to permit extra songs.

Now, Bono's rambling speeches, on the other hand ...

Axver said:

I disagree. The snippets are often over instrumental portions of the song that would be played anyway. And removing those that do slightly extend songs would doubtfully offer a sufficient time saving to permit extra songs.

Now, Bono's rambling speeches, on the other hand ...

A brilliant idea - fill a video of the speeches during the time between the main set and first encore!

Unfortunately, Willie said he didnt feel the boy songs were well recieved during Mexico 1 so he said that they would drop the boy songs for the rest of the whole leg. I'm not a u2.com member any more so I dont have the exact quote.

But all that was written before all the postponments so we can only wait and see if the boy songs will or wont come back

jimjam said:
Unfortunately, Willie said he didnt feel the boy songs were well recieved during Mexico 1 so he said that they would drop the boy songs for the rest of the whole leg. I'm not a u2.com member any more so I dont have the exact quote.

But all that was written before all the postponments so we can only wait and see if the boy songs will or wont come back

I still don't get why U2 based their judgement on one crowd. Hopefully they realise Australian and Kiwi crowds are totally different. Or even better, hopefully they just feel like playing The Electric Co. again regardless of crowd response!

Back
Top Bottom