Sunday rehearsals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

God Part III

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
They obviously rehearse today, but where? San Diego? And also, do you think this will be the final, final, final setlist (hopefully including UTEOTW)?

Dude, you are becoming really annoying with Until the End of the World.
IT IS GONNA BE PLAYED ON THIS TOUR.
It was played at every night except one(Chicago May 13th 2001) since the opening night of ZooTV in 1992 and it was played very recently at the Hall of Fame induction.
The thing is, the band doesn't need to rehearse it. They already know it by heart.
The band is finally gonna do variable setlists... You know what that means? A lot of fan favorites will show up. So, could you PLEASE stop moaning if Until the End of the World(a fantastic live song, BTW) doesn't appear every night?

i think there will be minimal change they may include with or without you somewhere and may add i will follow instead of into the heart.

djerdap said:
Dude, you are becoming really annoying with Until the End of the World.
IT IS GONNA BE PLAYED ON THIS TOUR.
It was played at every night except one(Chicago May 13th 2001) since the opening night of ZooTV in 1992 and it was played very recently at the Hall of Fame induction.
The thing is, the band doesn't need to rehearse it. They already know it by heart.
The band is finally gonna do variable setlists... You know what that means? A lot of fan favorites will show up. So, could you PLEASE stop moaning if Until the End of the World(a fantastic live song, BTW) doesn't appear every night?

I'm a moaner, I know, I just need it to be played.
I'm sorry if that's the only thing I post these days, it's the only thing I think of!

I doubt they rehearsed today and if they did it would have been early. The San Diego Arena has a hockey game tonight so they are not doing anything there tonight. They took the day off before the first Miami show for Elevation. My guess is they are doing the same this time.

I also doubt they rehearsed today because it's Easter Sunday, so they probably relaxed with their families (Bono and Edge at least).

I would bet they didn't rehearse today. It's like studying. It's better to be well prepeared up to the day before and then just take the day before off to relax and just get ready mentally. That's what I would think. I mean I wouldn't doubt if they are discusing things and maybe just doing some messing around with some acoustic instruemnets somwhere but definately no real rehearsals. I'm no expert though.

I doubt they rehearsed today, because that would mean tomorrow night would be 3 nights in a row for Bono's voice. Not going to happen.

sconti said:
I doubt they rehearsed today, because that would mean tomorrow night would be 3 nights in a row for Bono's voice. Not going to happen.

Of course. Although I only sang in a local coverband, I know from experience that a day off is the right thing to do.

neilm said:
I agree. Definately a day off!!

I don't think so. No artist takes a day off right before opening night. The tension is at its maximum. That being said that doesn't mean they rehearsed formally. They were probably in meetings all day, and maybe rehearsed in a studio somewhere since the stage must have been taken down yesterday in LA.

oceane said:

I don't think so. No artist takes a day off right before opening night. The tension is at its maximum. That being said that doesn't mean they rehearsed formally. They were probably in meetings all day, and maybe rehearsed in a studio somewhere since the stage must have been taken down yesterday in LA.

:lol: Well the artists known as U2 DO take the day off. They didnt rehearse the day before the first Elevation show and I dont think they did yesterday. The songs are as ready as they are going to be at this point, the questions revolve around the stage production and making it all fit and work. Why would they go off into a studio to just work on the music at this point? They wouldnt and they didnt.

djerdap - you mentioned variable setlists. exactly how variable do you think U2 will be? 2-3 songs per night would change in specific slots? more? just wondering. i would LOVE to see them mix it up more on a nightly basis.

fp said:
djerdap - you mentioned variable setlists. exactly how variable do you think U2 will be? 2-3 songs per night would change in specific slots? more? just wondering. i would LOVE to see them mix it up more on a nightly basis.

Aside from the staples (One, Beautiful Day, and Streets) and the New Album (up to 8 songs), I figure the rest of the set list will be variable.

Forgive me for dreaming... :drool:

Back
Top Bottom