Songs to come on this tour:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chizip said:

Back in the ZooTv days static setlists didn't matter as much, because unless you went to multiple shows you didn't really know what to expect. We live in an information age now, the rules have changed. And it's a little disappointing U2 hasn't been able to adapt their show to the information age.

Also they were using brand new technology that pretty much locked them into a static setlist. Technology has improved these days where it is much easier to coordinate the video production with a varied setlist.

U2 on this tour mixed up things more than Zoo TV so it would appear they are adapting to the information age.

Technology and screens isn't an excuse not to play different songs and bring out the oldies; Vertigo is proof of that.

I wish Zoo TV and Popmart got half as much "boring setlists" threads as the recent tours do. It would certainly be a lot more justified.
I also wonder if people realise how little of the "hits" they are playing regularly on this tour.

Last edited:
i've said in another post that i was happy with the set list from manchester. i can understand people not wanting to hear the old classics too much as they're on the radio etc, but personally i like the old classics because they sound great live are more exciting - i had shivers when the bass lines of WOWY and new year's day started. BUT i also love songs like gloria which are also fantastic live. One of the things i liked about Zoo TV is that they did play songs like Lemon, Love is Blindness and Numb - would like it if they through in some of these from time to time. The newer generation probably wouldn;t of heard these so would also show a different side to U2 apart from vertigo. i'd love to hear When I Look At The World live, that's one of my favourite U2 songs.

Kopite said:
i've said in another post that i was happy with the set list from manchester. i can understand people not wanting to hear the old classics too much as they're on the radio etc, but personally i like the old classics because they sound great live are more exciting - i had shivers when the bass lines of WOWY and new year's day started. BUT i also love songs like gloria which are also fantastic live. One of the things i liked about Zoo TV is that they did play songs like Lemon, Love is Blindness and Numb - would like it if they through in some of these from time to time. The newer generation probably wouldn;t of heard these so would also show a different side to U2 apart from vertigo. i'd love to hear When I Look At The World live, that's one of my favourite U2 songs.

That's the question I've been wanting to ask you guys all along and you reminded me..thanks!

It's about "the new generation fans"...Maybe I'm a bit naive here but isn't a 18 year old into the boy october stuff???

I remember when I first started to listen to U2(must have been 143 B.C. or something) that I loved the bootlegs of the boytour etc..my question is: are there people out there who call themselves fans(not people who go to a concert because well, it's nice) who don't know shit about the 80's stuff of U2 or the lesser known songs...

If not: then there is no reason for U2 to play B-sides, no singles etc

If so: who cares:wink:

Back
Top Bottom