Songs that might make it back for Leg 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bodnex

The Fly
Has this thread been done before? Probably, but who cares, eh? Anyway, the setlist for U2 shows has been constantly evolving throughout the tour, especially in the encores (Though Miss Sarajevo ousted RTSS in the main set). Which got me thinking, what other new songs might make it back for Leg 4? Here's my guesses, in chronological order:

Electric Co - is this still being played regularly? If not, I'd imagine it would do brilliantly in stadiums

October - no, don't laugh. This might take the place that The Ocean had. Though it probably wouldn't work in a stadium.

The Unforgettable Fire - Love this tune, though it's hard to see where it might fit into the set. It might be able to replace Still Haven't Found, but that song just fits a stadium perfectly. So TUF might not be back after all.

One Tree Hill - again would fit in the ISHFWILF place in the set. And is almost sure to return there as U2 are playing New Zealand.

Dirty Day - this is a strange one. I don't see Stay coming back for the stadium leg, as I can't really see where it would fit well, maybe in the MS place. But Dirty Day is (IMO) a great candidate for a stadium show. Starts off slow, but is a rocker at its heart. Would fit really well in the encores.

Mofo and Discotheque - speaking of encores, this is the obvious candidate. Because it's a stadium show, I would say that the acoustic encores are all but gone. And though I haven't seen UTEOTW open an encore, I can't imagine it doing as well as Zoo Station and The Fly in Europe. So, it's either going to be those two or Mofo and Discotheque. Mofo has been worked on, more than once, and it's very like Zoo Station because it would open an encore brilliantly. And we've already heard Discotheque this tour, but only twice (?) Both times rocked, but U2 haven't played it since. The optimist in me hopes that this is because U2 thinks that it should be saved for Mexico, etc. I'd say this is almost a cert.

Please - again, the optimist in me would like more Pop songs. Though on these boards it's totally overrated, Pop is a great album in parts. And this would undeniably fit brilliantly in the Miss Sarajevo spot.

That's about all that I can see coming back. The Unforgettable Fire, Acrobat, Ultraviolet, Kite, New York, Lemon, Exit or Drowning Man don't have a chance of coming back, in my opinion. But what do any of you think might come back? Maybe some of those?

I would say Electric Co, One Tree Hill and MAYBE Mofo off that list will be done. The rest you listed I highly doubt.

The songs that are not being done recently that I think will be on the 4th leg would be Zoo Station and The Fly. The band thought those worked very well in a stadium on the Euro leg. So I wouldnt be suprised to see those back.

Not really 'making it back' but... I'd love to see The Wanderer some night......

Last edited:
I expect Electric Co to come back cause for me it`s the highlight of this tour.
Don`t know why on earth they are not playing it at the last couple of shows????
Ok...Gloria is great but Electric Co wins big time and it is played so cool:drool:

At multiple shows maybe they will play Mrs S one night and RTS the other night , that would be a good move.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Mofo - it could be the next Crumbs of this tour: being rehearsed for a long time before appearing live.

Hopefully Dirty day. (they did say they were working on 2 Zooropa songs)

One tree hill may have a chance with the New Zealand connection. (was snippeted already) The only question is: full band or acoustic?

As for getting back, Zoo station/The fly and Electric co. probably.

i think the chances are good for mofo/discotheque...especially for mexico/south america

hopefully one tree hill for new zealand....

and maybe some more surprises

Numbology said:
Well they played The Wanderer (the 2nd Zooropa song),so there is a great possibility for that song.

Would be cool, but I think the band did that specifically for the Cash Tribute deal only. I dont think they had or have any intention of including it with the show. I also dont think it was the 2nd Zooropa song they were working on back in September either.

Blue Room said:

Would be cool, but I think the band did that specifically for the Cash Tribute deal only. I dont think they had or have any intention of including it with the show. I also dont think it was the 2nd Zooropa song they were working on back in September either.

It surprises me they went to the effort to learn The Wanderer and only did it once. I mean, when you've put the time and effort into it, it would make sense to incorporate it in the setlist at a few shows too.

In any case, I'd love it instead of Stuck. :|

Probably they´ll include Stadium songs like Discotheque and Mofo :rockon: :bump: I HOPE SO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I´d love to hear One Tree Hill and Dirty Day live, but I don´t think they´re going to play those gems live :sad: the same thing will happen with Please (my fav Pop song) :(

Peace :wave:

Blue Room said:

wasn't it Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car? :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom