Songs soundchecked or on setlist, that never made it...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Since the Vertigo tour began, there have been many rumors about certain songs appearing on the setlist. I was wondering what songs were soundchecked, written on the list that never got performed...

I know in Spain, Spanish Eyes was supposed to be played

Crumbs was a song soundchecked at a few American shows, but never played. Now, MOFO, The Unforgettable Fire have been soundchecked, respectively...

What other songs?

Recently:
Mofo
UF

And from the past:
One Step Closer
A Celebration
Wire
The Unforgettable Fire
Exit
Desire
Ultra Violet
Love Is Blindness
Lemon
Staring At The Sun
New York
Surrender
October

Those are some pretty impressive songs that have been soundchecked but haven't been played yet. I wonder why no one them have seen the light of day.

nathan1977 said:
Recently:
Mofo
UF

And from the past:
One Step Closer
A Celebration
Wire
The Unforgettable Fire
Exit
Desire
Ultra Violet
Love Is Blindness
Lemon
Staring At The Sun
New York
Surrender
October

This is a prime example of how internet rumor turns into internet fact.

Alot of those songs were never confirmed and most were never even heard by fans outside.

theu2fly said:
I thought Lemon and Ultraviolet rumors were false...

Lemon was definitely rehearsed for this tour. I confirmed it with Steve Lillywhite when I met him in the elipse during Kings Of Leon at San Diego 2. He said it was played in Mexico, but he did not attend those rehearsals. He began working with them when they moved to Vancouver, but he told me it definitely was rehearsed.

I asked him about A Celebration and his repsonse was jokingly "They deny they even have a song called 'A Celebration'", so from that, I assumed that if they indeed had played it in Mexico rehearsals, it probably was just for fun.

So does this mean there are going to be major surprises for Mexico?

Lemon?
MOFO?
Crumbs?
Ultraviolet?
Staring At The Sun?

theu2fly said:
So does this mean there are going to be major surprises for Mexico?

Lemon?
MOFO?
Crumbs?
Ultraviolet?
Staring At The Sun?

No, they are referring to the pre tour rehearsals that took place in Mexico. This is how it starts though. A month from now there will be a similiar thread and someone will say. "But I thought they were planning to break out Mofo, Ultraviolet, etc.. when they play Mexico? What happened?". Just because something similiar was posted on the internet.

Ultraviolet was and is complete internet speculation with no basis. Some fan, on a smaller U2 site, indicated that he heard extreme (whatever that means) Ultraviolet played as part of another song during the LA Rehearsals at the beginning of the tour. MANY others that were there have confirmed that they did NOT hear this at all. But 8 months later it turns into "U2 rehearsed Ultraviolet".

Another example. One Step Closer was reported as being rehearsed at the Vancouver Rehearsals. I believe it was U2FanPeter that reported this. He realized that he actually meant City Of Blinding Lights, not One Step Closer and corrected himself. But 8 months later, "U2 rehearsed OSC" even though the report of it was an error and it was not done there.

Crumbs wouldnt be a major surprise as they are already playing it.

Back
Top Bottom