Song wish list for next tour...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goldtoad

Babyface
Now that the tour is coming to a close, I would like to thank U2 and all their great fans. We can now only pray there is another U2 tour and come up with our wish lists for the next tour.

Two "B-side" songs from Achtung Baby that I would love to hear next tour: Acrobat and Ultraviolet.

Merry Christmas.

time to let THE FLY rest... bring on Ultraviolet or Even Better...

and please... a real full band presentation of Staring At The Sun

This isn't a wish list, but its at least vaguely realistic:

01 New Song
02 New Song
03 Beautiful Day
04 Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
05 Stay (Faraway, So Close!) // Tomorrow
06 New Song
07 New Song
08 Elevation // Desire // Gone
09 The Fly // Mysterious Ways
11 New Song
12 Love and Peace or Else // Pride (In The Name of Love)
13 Sunday Bloody Sunday
14 The Unforgettable Fire // Staring at the Sun
15 New Song
16 Bad // Original of The Species
17 All I Want is You // I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
18 Where The Streets Have No Name

19 Vertigo
20 Even Better Than The Real Thing // Until The End of the World
21 New Song // Electrical Storm

22 One
23 With or Without You // Walk On
24 New Song

U2 always surprises with a few gems from the back catalog (Cry, Zoostation, electric co. etc on this tour) so its not unreasonable to think songs like TUF could reappear. I guess it all depends on the theme for the next tour. I just wish Pride, SBS, BTBS & One would get rested *sigh*

Last edited:
I would not hate for them to bring Desire back... and a full version of In a Little While.

As much as we might be sick of Pride, etc., the random fan who has never been to a U2 show? Would freak if they didn't play it semi-regularly.

And you have to admit, seeing it live makes it about 100 times better... whereas Pride is generally the pee-break during set list parties :wink:

I eagerly await the live debut of Freedom For My People.

I also fail to understand why U2 are yet to play a medley of Zooropa/Backstreet's Back/Oops I Did It Again/4th Of July/La La/Mofo.

Yeah it is cool when you are there, but thn so are all U2 songs lol. They could play virtually anything live and I'd love to hear it.
They won't drop those songs, but I personally would like them dropped.
I don't think its unreasonable they might give Bullet a rest though.

Axver said:
I eagerly await the live debut of Freedom For My People.

I also fail to understand why U2 are yet to play a medley of Zooropa/Backstreet's Back/Oops I Did It Again/4th Of July/La La/Mofo.

:drool:

(I imagined this in my head and it actually put me in physical pain :crack: )

judging from the fan reaction everytime they play it . i think they should never do a show without playing "BAD" ever again.

The complete list of songs i'd like to hear that they didn't play this tour:
-Gone
-Mofo
-Please
-Ultraviolet
-Stay
-The Unforgettable Fire
-October
-Acrobat
-In God's Country
-11 O'Clock Tick Tock

Songs I want to hear that they played sparingly
-New Years Day(not recently at least)
-Walk On
-Discotheque
-Party Girl

Bono: "You know what you make me do the Edge? You make me want to LA LA, the Edge?"
*Larry glares at Bono*

Songs I'd Want to Hear That Weren't Played (yet)/played very little recently

The Unforgettable Fire
Ultra Violet
Mofo
Gone
Please
Last Night on Earth
Stay
A Sort of Homecoming
October
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Exit
One Tree Hill
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Discotheque
An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart
All I Want is You
Desire
Zoo Station

Last edited:
Songs I'd Like To Hear Next Tour

Stories For Boys
Bad
Exit
Desire
Angel of Harlem
Ultraviolet
Acrobat
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
Lemon
Dirty Day
Mofo
Discotheque
Gone
Please

heres what i think could possibly show up next tour....
unforgettable fire
in god's country
one tree hill
please
stay
..and by the way, ultraviolet is overrated!

8 songs I'd like to see played;
Acrobat, Exit, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me kill me, In God's Country, When love Comes To Town, Gone, Mofo, Do You Feel loved.

I only have/had 3 dream songs that I didnt/dont think would be done that I would love it if they were. Electric Co was one of those three, so I can cross that one off my list. The other two are:

God Part II
Hawkmoon 269 (a full band version)

rock888nwo said:
heres what i think could possibly show up next tour....
unforgettable fire
in god's country
one tree hill
please
stay
..and by the way, ultraviolet is overrated!

I think "The Unfogettable Fire", and "Stay (Faraway, So Close!)" have a fairly good chance of returning next tour. I just feel that TUF has been neglected so long they might wanna do a cool new arrangement.

Having said that, all the song choices depend on the theme of the tour.

It's time to bring back Please, Ultraviolet, and Wire!

Oh yeah, also HMTMKMKM! :drool:

goldtoad said:
Now that the tour is coming to a close, I would like to thank U2 and all their great fans. We can now only pray there is another U2 tour and come up with our wish lists for the next tour.

Two "B-side" songs from Achtung Baby that I would love to hear next tour: Acrobat and Ultraviolet.

Merry Christmas.

Don't take this the wrong way but we'd have a better chance at hitting the local lottery than hearing Acrobat and/or Ultraviolet.
I can't even remember the last time they did a snippet of either song.

Re: Re: Song wish list for next tour...

Wowy23 said:

Don't take this the wrong way but we'd have a better chance at hitting the local lottery than hearing Acrobat and/or Ultraviolet.
I can't even remember the last time they did a snippet of either song.
Why not Ultraviolet? That was a pretty popular song that got decent radioplay for a non-single, and it seemed to get a pretty decent reaction when U2 played it live.

Re: Re: Re: Song wish list for next tour...

cleazer said:
Why not Ultraviolet? That was a pretty popular song that got decent radioplay for a non-single, and it seemed to get a pretty decent reaction when U2 played it live.

It is a good song, it went down OK on the Zoo tour. But it didnt get some huge crowd reaction. It also was not played at alot of shows on the Zoo tour which was obviously in support of the album it was off of. So I dont think that bodes well for it being played in the future.

I dont think its impossible either. Wild Horses was dropped on Zoo and that made a return. :shrug: Thats one thing the Vertigo tour showed is that U2 can still pull out a song(s) that havent been done in a long time and you would have thought would never be done again (IE Electric Co, An Cat Dubh, The Ocean). So who knows. I think for it to be done though it would have to fit whatever the feel or theme of the tour is.

Last edited:
please
gone
stay
the unforgettable fire
an cat dubh (i only saw it at one show, and it was one of the highlights of the whole tour for me)
last night on earth
mofo
all i want is you

basically anything from pop would thrill me.

i'd like to see the end of elevation/vertigo (at least one of the two. there's no need for both), sunday bloody sunday (at least rotate it with NYD or something), bullet, and beautiful day.

I wonder if they will play The Unforgettable Fire for the Japan show(s)- it seems appropriate.

mads said:

i'd like to see the end of elevation/vertigo (at least one of the two. there's no need for both), sunday bloody sunday (at least rotate it with NYD or something), bullet, and beautiful day.

There is no way they are gonna get rid of any of those.

Vertigo - how can they remove Vertigo from the Vertigo Tour?
Elevation - One of the few lighthearted tracks, which has great crowd interaction
Sunday Bloody Sunday - A crowd favourite and appropriate to the theme of the show. Plus it would ruin the LAPOE, SBS, BTBS, MS/RTSS part.
Bullet - As above
Beautiful Day - THE modern U2 classic. This will stay on setlists for a longtime I think.

I too agree that SBS & BTBS are tired and need removing, but they won't do it.

Wow dude sorry, I thought this was about leg 4 for some reason lol!

I think they will keep Vertigo (since it appeals to the new fans) and Beautiful Day since its the classic of the 00's so far for them. Maybe the other 2 and elevation will get removed though.

11 O'Clock
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
The Unforgettable Fire
A Sort Of Homecoming
One Tree Hill
Two Hearts Beat As One
The Ocean
Last Night On Eart
Staring At The Sun (full band or dont bother)
New York

Wishlist:
The Unforgettable Fire
New York
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Electrical Storm
Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
Lemon
Discotheque
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Some Days Are Better Than Others :)

Back