Song replacements for european tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
Just sitting here twiddiling my thumbs and had a moment of inspiration.
For the european leg, what songs would you (my fellow u2 deciples) like to replace from the current set and with what song would you replace it?
I would drop elevation for kite and would try and fit in walk on. For me its the best show closer they got. Its an uplifting song but has a show closing feel to it.

Last edited:
Pride -> Crumbs
Elevation -> Gone/Last Night on Earth
Beautiful Day -> Dirty Day
The Ocean -> 11 O'Clock Tick Tock or Exit

Fook....i forgot to mention crumbs, my fave of the bomb. No doubt many others will come to me at a later date too.
Agree wi Dirty day also, prob in ma top 3 toons from zooropa.

I wouldn't mind if Elevation got replaced either... Beautiful Day is a classic of course, but so is a song like Until The End Of The World or Lemon...

U2 just had too many great songs, and I can imagine that the band has great trouble chosing their setlists... Walk On is a fár greater song then Elevation... But less known...

On the other hand U2 should play less known songs just to avoid bringing a U2 Greatest Hits show... Play Walk on! Play Lemon! Play Acrobat! Drop Elevation and drop The Fly (if replaced by a similar song from that period!)...

djerdap said:
Pride -> Crumbs
Elevation -> Gone/Last Night on Earth
Beautiful Day -> Dirty Day
The Ocean -> 11 O'Clock Tick Tock or Exit

11 O'Clock Tick Tock! I was listening to this song yesterday(UABRS) and thinking of much I would love to hear that song played live again.:applaud:

I like the list you made here 'though I can't imagine Beautiful Day being replaced by Dirty Day :hmm:
But, then again, I've never heard Dirty Day live.

BTBS -> Crumbs
Zoo Station -> Electrical Storm
Electric Co -> The Unforgettable Fire
ABOY -> Gone
Yahweh -> OOTS

ABOY wasn't a single in Europe so I can see it being rotated. Let's hope they take this little break to rehearse Electrical Storm, I think that was fairly successful in Europe?

Arcadion said:

ABOY wasn't a single in Europe so I can see it being rotated. Let's hope they take this little break to rehearse Electrical Storm, I think that was fairly successful in Europe?

:yes: I'd say it was bigger than Beautiful Day on some charts...

--------------

SBS - > Please
Pride - > Crumbs
Elevation - > Electrical Storm
Mysterious Ways - > Lemon/Numb/Discotheque
ABOY - > Last Night On Earth

- I have mixed feelings about WTSHNN... the song needs some break, but I can't find a song to replace it...
- No Hands That Build America snippets...
- No more than 1 song from ATYCLB in the setlist...

Adam'sbaby said:

But, then again, I've never heard Dirty Day live.

You really should! One of their greatest live songs, it rocked on Sydney video.

Back to the topic... They should bring ANYTHING off Zooropa and Pop (EXCEPT acoustic stay/staring at the sun :huh:) Hopefully I believe in that radio DJ who quoted Adam...

Last edited:
Although I'm not seeing any second leg shows, I'd like to see Pride eventually replaced with something new like Electrical Storm or Crumbs or something...well....better. :wink:

After the unofficial Elevation Stadium 2002 tour was nixed - one might think that songs from this album will be featured more prominently.

u2fp

I would love to hear Dirty Day, but does it really fit the "theme" or "mood" of this tour? Seems to me this tour is all full-blown, optimistic rock - like going to a party.

Dirty Day was very Zooropa-ish in that it was dark, a bit angry...stuff I love, but not a good fit on the Vertigo tour.

But I hope I'm wrong.

Please keep us up-to-date with the European leg! We will be in withdrawal and its up to you to keep us going until they return to the States in the fall. Remember - we're counting on you!

Rotate Crumbs for ABOY please.

What I'd love to see and I don't reckon as impossible (or at least this is what is should be like):

Vertigo
Beautiful Day
Elevation
The Cry -> The Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh -> Into The Heart/Gloria -> The Ocean
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Crumbs From Your Table/Please
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
---
Until The End Of The World/Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways/Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
---
Out Of Control/All Because Of You
Original Of The Species
Bad -> "40"/Vertigo

Ok, maybe too much dreaming, but some things I consider valid.

Alternate in more boy songs in the boy slots, every song on that album should get a shot this tour, plus A Celebration.
replace Sunday Bloody Sunday with Please
replace Running to Stand Still with Exit.
replace Pride with Crumbs
replace Where the Streets have no name with Lemon
replace One with Unforgettable Fire
alternate Mysterious Ways with A man and A woman
alternate Gone with Zooropa and Daddy's Gonna Pay in the current Zoo Station slot.
Just once or twice, play One Step Closer instead of Yahweh.

Pull out If you wear that velvet dress and Slug just a few special times.

Play with or Without you every night.
replace the Vertigo encore with FAST CARS!

Chill, then serve!

Last edited:
Rumours are floating that the band will fly into Brussels on Monday and rehearsing from Monday till Thursday....
.....the basics for the set will become clear from those rehearsals....

God Part III said:
Rotate Crumbs for ABOY please.

What I'd love to see and I don't reckon as impossible (or at least this is what is should be like):

Vertigo
Beautiful Day
Elevation
The Cry -> The Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh -> Into The Heart/Gloria -> The Ocean
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Crumbs From Your Table/Please
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
---
Until The End Of The World/Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways/Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
---
Out Of Control/All Because Of You
Original Of The Species
Bad -> "40"/Vertigo

Ok, maybe too much dreaming, but some things I consider valid.

Sounds pretty probable to me, the only songs they have yet to play on the tour from that list are Crumbs and Please, both of which have been rehearsed... I reckon (and hope!) that both will be introduced on the European leg and will hopefully carry over to America... Please replacing Running makes sense, much I love Running I'd much much MUCH rather hear Please. Crumbs could also maybe go in the ABOY slot...

I wouldn't be surprised if I Will Follow shows up at some point, and maybe even another older tune or two, like 11 'O Clock Tick Tock :drool:

Back
Top Bottom