Sign the ACROBAT petition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono_man2002 said:
I Doubt they will play it because of Pettiton.
Sure, you could say we got the Slane DVD out, because somone started a a pettiton.....all that probabley did was speed up the release or something....

Still, it would be awsome to see Acrobat, in any way shape or form.

They played "When I Look At The World" on the last tour only because fans gave a techie the petition, which made it's way to the band. Never say never.

FullonEdge2 said:
Sign the petition. Trick your friends and family into signing it too!

LOL... mission accomplished. My friend signs it and says, "What did I just sign?" :wink:

I remember when the Slane DVD petiton started, there were sites who initiated the whole thing, put it on their homepage and showed it to a whole bunch of fans who visited their site.
Maybe we can do this if Elvis or HelloAngel notice this thread. Maybe Interference can support this petition and put it on their main page...

namkcuR said:
Those that aren't signing - what the fuck? Be pessimistic all you want but what does hurt to just sign the damn thing? What have you got to lose? You don't even have to put your real name there. You could get by with giving a fake name, your e-mail addy, and in the comment section a 'PLAY ACROBAT!' and that's it!! It would take you a grand total of 30 seconds, you would lose nothing, and so what if does nothing in the long run? At least you can say you tried! Now stop being losers and just SIGN THE DAMN THING!!!!!!!

Bono turned down a girl at a show who was holding a sign begging him to play it for her birthday. He told her he was sorry, then told the tree story. They are NOT going to play it. :tsk:

U2Kitten said:

Bono turned down a girl at a show who was holding a sign begging him to play it for her birthday. He told her he was sorry, then told the tree story. They are NOT going to play it. :tsk:

At the time, Bono was unprepared, he probably didn't know a single lyric. If the band can notice this through U2.com or something, like they did with the Slane DVD, they at least can rehearse it. It's a whole different story in this case.

djerdap said:

At the time, Bono was unprepared, he probably didn't know a single lyric. If the band can notice this through U2.com or something, like they did with the Slane DVD, they at least can rehearse it. It's a whole different story in this case.

BUT THEY DIDN'T EVEN PLAY IT ON ZOOTV!! They have NEVER played it live! There must be a good reason!!

And since the reason probably is that Bono can't hit the notes live, or they can't reproduce the right sounds live, would you really want them to push out a half assed version that did not do it justice? I'd rather have nothing that that:(

namkcuR said:
Those that aren't signing - what the fuck? Be pessimistic all you want but what does hurt to just sign the damn thing? What have you got to lose? You don't even have to put your real name there. You could get by with giving a fake name, your e-mail addy, and in the comment section a 'PLAY ACROBAT!' and that's it!! It would take you a grand total of 30 seconds, you would lose nothing, and so what if does nothing in the long run? At least you can say you tried! Now stop being losers and just SIGN THE DAMN THING!!!!!!!

Now if you want to have this petition, fine, I don't agree and won't sign it but I take offense to your attitude on those not signing. Petitions, by history, are a way of making a collective voice heard and if people desire not to express said voice you should not pressure us into doing so. Kindly refrain from commenting on those of us who do not sign, as is our right not to, and we will not argue your right to sign. Deal?

RA-D said:

Now if you want to have this petition, fine, I don't agree and won't sign it but I take offense to your attitude on those not signing. Petitions, by history, are a way of making a collective voice heard and if people desire not to express said voice you should not pressure us into doing so. Kindly refrain from commenting on those of us who do not sign, as is our right not to, and we will not argue your right to sign. Deal?

Please sign the petition?:sad:

WHY would anyone want to force the band into rendering a shitty, half assed version of a song they are unable to produce live? Even if they did play it, they'd have to change so much you'd only complain about it! There are reasons the band has never played this song live. Give it a rest. Maybe some other song. I'd like to hear RHMT like I said but they CAN'T play it live so they won't.

How do you know what they can or can't play? Have you sat in on their rehearsals and listened to their conversations with each other, their debates and decision-making?

Look, think what you think, but I just want to know what harm it can do to sign it.

namkcuR said:
Look, think what you think, but I just want to know what harm it can do to sign it.

Can you please just respect the decisions of those of us who don't want to.

namkcuR said:
How do you know what they can or can't play? Have you sat in on their rehearsals and listened to their conversations with each other, their debates and decision-making?

1. It has never been played live, there has to be a reason.

2. Bono stated in public they could not play it, I heard him.

The first one alone speaks for itself. If it could have been played live, they'd have done it on the ZOOTV tour. Image how much less likely it is they'd be able to play it now. I am quite sure Bono would not be able to hit the notes, they'd have to change the octaves, and they'd probably have to use a recording or extra musicians. Who'd want it in that condition? :(

The reason I'm not signing it is because I don't want to bug the band and make them feel bad they are unable to play it live.

RA-D said:

Can you please just respect the decisions of those of us who don't want to.

I respec the decisions, I'm not trying to force anyone to do it, all I want is an explanation from anyone who doesn't want to vote, as to what harm it would do, even if you think there's no chance of Acrobat being played. That is all, just a 1-2 sentence explanation.

U2Kitten said:

1. It has never been played live, there has to be a reason.

2. Bono stated in public they could not play it, I heard him.

The first one alone speaks for itself. If it could have been played live, they'd have done it on the ZOOTV tour. Image how much less likely it is they'd be able to play it now. I am quite sure Bono would not be able to hit the notes, they'd have to change the octaves, and they'd probably have to use a recording or extra musicians. Who'd want it in that condition? :(

The reason I'm not signing it is because I don't want to bug the band and make them feel bad they are unable to play it live.

Alright, fair enough. Thank you for offering an explanation.

namkcuR said:

I respec the decisions, I'm not trying to force anyone to do it, all I want is an explanation from anyone who doesn't want to vote, as to what harm it would do, even if you think there's no chance of Acrobat being played. That is all, just a 1-2 sentence explanation.

its not that I don't want Acrobat to be played, its just that I have no preferance for this over other certain songs. In particular, I would prefer Hawkmoon 269 but I will feel content just to be in the presence of the show and I will respect the decision of the band upon which songs they want to play, after all, it is their music being played and, as such, their choice.

Great idea!

This song is so amazing! When I play it to my friends who are not really U2 fans they love it!

I think that it would fit in so nicely on this tour especially.

Just a sort of new direction to keep this thread alive...If you had to put this song in the setlist, what songs would you surround it with? I say right after ABOY because that is going to be a hard song to follow...it would elevate the mood big time! I think it would be awesome if they followed it up with Gone. I think that the lyrics of Acrobat and Gone play off of each other nicely. Acrobat is sort of an indecisively questioning song, then Gone sort of follows it by its "damned if i do, damned if i don't" tone.

To all the nay sayers....where there's a will there's a way!

Last edited:
People in charge of interference, mods, etc:

Make this a headline at the main site. There are so many fans visiting Interference for news but don't visit the forum. This way the petition gets bigger!

Substitute 'Until the End of the World' with 'Acrobat' on this tour...UTEOTW is probably my favorite U2 song, but I'd like to hear something different, like 'Acrobat' this time.

Come on everyone it's Acrobat time ( floats of the roof of a building using my trousers as parachutes:wink: )

Hmmm.. Start with Crumbs :wink: then Acrobat and finally HMTMKMKM.:rockon:
You know the whole Talk like this and Act like that..:sexywink:
:dance:

Edited to say: I know that won't happen :wink: but I have no problem signing the petition.

Last edited:
Um, it HAS been played live. I have an mp3 of it being played acoustically.

Phalanx said:
Um, it HAS been played live. I have an mp3 of it being played acoustically.

Acrobat? Acoustic?

Is there such a thing?

This song cannot be played acoustic. You're sure you're not mistaken?

I have an DVD with a Dutch band performing songs of their idols in a show called "Flashback to U2", they also perform Acrobat, it's a great performance! Acrobat is a great song to perform live I think.

Back
Top Bottom