Should they end the shows with Yahweh?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Should they end the shows with Yahweh?

• Yes!

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • No! (please name the song you would like to see them playing to end the show)

Votes: 28 42.4%

• Total voters
No, I'd prefer Walk On or 40 as a finale, Yahweh as a lead into an encore/break. Having said that, it probably will be the closer though.

Having said that I just listened to the alternative version again and that's a bit better.

PS: In the album version of Yahweh, is it just me or are there 20+ seconds of nothing after the song finishes?

Yes!
If they will play Walk On as an ending song they will repeat themselves. U2 need new closing song or they can always play some old one (40, Unchained Melody, Rain etc.).

ABSOLUTELY! Yahweh is the perfect closer for this tour. It would be awesome to just end suddenly like the album version does. :drool: :drool:

RA-D said:

PS: In the album version of Yahweh, is it just me or are there 20+ seconds of nothing after the song finishes?

I think you are right. But it might just be for the limited set, with "Fast Cars" ending it.

They definitely shouldn't end with Yahweh, considering the last time - "take this heart and make it break." It needs to flow into 40.

One/Yahweh/40 would be the most sensational final encore.

RA-D said:

That's present on my copy. I think it is to separate Fast Cars from the rest of the album.

ah, good point, that makes more sense than the usual sticking two songs together with a long (longest I've seen is over 20 mins) gap.

And who said Walk On would be repetition? What?!?, U2 repeating a closing song, that'd be terrible wouldn't it.......:wink:

No! I dont like this song too much...

I liked Walk on as a closer, but dont think they'd repeat it on this tour.

From HTDAAB maybe City of blinding lights... or Original... :wink:

I loved Walk On as a closer, and I know they played 40 as a closer for quite some tme, but I don't think they should play it again as a closer. It would be repetitive. :huh:

Well, Walk on won Grammy award, so it may appear.

But all is possible. Zooropa also won Grammy award for the best alternative album and we know how many songs from it were played on Popmart.

I think Yahew would be fantastic, but what about October?:ohmy::wink: I think this album reflects their past a lot. :wink:

Last edited:
End it with 40, there is no better closing song in the history of rock and roll...ok maybe that's a stretch, but certainly the best U2 closer

End it with "One" preferably, but I see it as almost 100% sure that it'll end with Yahweh.

I'd love to hear "40", never experienced that one...

Wouldn't mind "Walk On" again, though -- that's song's been growing on me.

Ifeelnumb84 said:
End it with 40, there is no better closing song in the history of rock and roll...ok maybe that's a stretch, but certainly the best U2 closer

Not a stretch at all. 40 is the best closing song ever played.

U2 can end with 40 on there very last tour, they are not going to use 40. Who knows Yaweh could blow 40 out of the water!

Axver said:

Not a stretch at all. 40 is the best closing song ever played.

close, I personally would say Design For Life by The Manic Street Preachers is the best closer I've ever heard, but 40 does run it very close. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom