"Shine like stars" in Sydney/Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elche

Babyface
hey i was wondering if bono did the "shine like stars" bit in "with or without you" on any of the shows so far. he didnt do it in sydney II and was wondering... thought he almost always sang that bit in concert.

Nope. He used to do it very frequently 1987-1993, but it has been quite rare since then. It has only been added to WOWY once this tour, on 2005-10-11 in NYC.

Here's its record of appearing live: http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/song88.html

We need that verse done live more often! It really caps off the song. Though I am thoroughly delighted that Shine Like Stars' long-term partner in WOWY snippetry, Love Will Tear Us Apart, has been thrown into a couple of recent performances. That snippet is amazing.

Axver said:
Nope. He used to do it very frequently 1987-1993, but it has been quite rare since then. It has only been added to WOWY once this tour, on 2005-10-11 in NYC.

Here's its record of appearing live: http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/song88.html

We need that verse done live more often! It really caps off the song. Though I am thoroughly delighted that Shine Like Stars' long-term partner in WOWY snippetry, Love Will Tear Us Apart, has been thrown into a couple of recent performances. That snippet is amazing.

Was the "shine like stars" bit used in some official release (CD, DVD, VHS...)?

Please EP???

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

Please EP???

I know it was in the Rattle & Hum movie...not sure about any CDs. I'm inclined to say no, but I could be wrong.

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

Please EP???

Not the Please EP. It's on both the Rattle And Hum and Slane DVDs.

At Sydney III Bono gave Edge on of those looks/signals and the Edge went up a notch and Bono moved quickly back to the mic like he was about to belt something out - I thought "Holy shit" for a split second there, but alas, we just went to another round of the Whoa-oh-oh-oh's. Prick tease.

I wonder why Edge stopped soloing on the end of wowy , was his idea or Bono's + Band ?

but i have to agree with axver, "love will tear us apart" is excellent even though it's short.

Back
Top Bottom